SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Tigers

Siouxdonyms

I know I'll get killed for this, but...

I watched Sat's game on the tube, so my view might be completely skewed, but I think both JPL and Marto laid eggs with their performances.

And when is the last time anyone recalls a team getting so many 3-on-1s against a Fighting Sioux squad? Lots of breakdowns on defense.

Finally, CC plugged up the middle and didn't allow the Sioux any passing room. Get used to that.

I agree that the number of odd-man rushes the Sioux allowed all weekend was alarming. The difference between Friday and Saturday was that Friday we got off to an early lead and JPL came up with more key saves so it wasn't as noticeable. I'm not sure if it was a result of the D jumping into the play at the wrong time or the Forwards not recognizing the play and dropping back to cover. Regardless, it can be fixed.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'll get killed for this, but...

I watched Sat's game on the tube, so my view might be completely skewed, but I think both JPL and Marto laid eggs with their performances.

And when is the last time anyone recalls a team getting so many 3-on-1s against a Fighting Sioux squad? Lots of breakdowns on defense.

Finally, CC plugged up the middle and didn't allow the Sioux any passing room. Get used to that.

your last two points are right on, we gave up odd man rushes all weekend. JPL played fine, not stellar saturday, but good enough to win with some help from the rest of the team. marto was one of the better dmen out there saturday, one of the few guys with some jump in his legs, and i don't believe he was out there for any of the cc goals, so i don't know where the "laid egg" is coming from.

OK I got home last night from being in GF and going to the games. Friday night in my opinion, they could have beaten any one in the country with out a question. But saturday I think they played some of the laziest hockey I have ever seen. I am not sure what was wrong but htey seamed really flat and off. It was like theycpuld not get their heads in the game. It was really disappointing. But I am sure that this weekend they will be ready to play and get out of Madison with some points 3 or 4 would be nice.

Far be it from us to question the coach on his selection, by all means Mr Owens start the other goalie if you like.

Thank God we didn't have to face Bachman twice.

I disagree I don't think bachman is all that great, he's good but not great, yes we got 18 shots on hime but never really tested throughout the night. if we would have played like we did on friday night and crashed the net more we would have gotten a few more.

marto was one of the better dmen out there saturday, one of the few guys with some jump in his legs, and i don't believe he was out there for any of the cc goals, so i don't know where the "laid egg" is coming from.

On the ice for the SHG: 29,16,7,4,28,G1

On the ice for the PPG: 4,5,7,16,G1

On the ice for 5-on-5 goal: 4,5,11,10,14,G1

On the ice for the ENG: 5,28,7,17,16,10