SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Tigers

Siouxdonyms

Well, AZSioux must be on a weekend bender or something :lol: , so I'll start the game thread again tonight.

Need to come out with the same kind of intensity as we did last night. Need a full 60 minutes of hockey, and great play from our top line again, as well as the other 3 lines.

Go SIOUX!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree .............. fast start, high intensity, solid checking, Grieco in goal :lol: haha ..................

SWEEP THE TIGERS ................GO SIOUX!

I don't know about Grieco tonight, though I wouldn't be surprised to see him sometime in the next month. Hard to say though with the way Jean-Phillippe has been playing. I know coaches like to try other goalies earlier in the year, rather than later, but it would still be hard to bench Phil right now.

I was at the game last nite and was keying on Forney when he was on the ice and felt he did not have a good game.Had a hard time staying on his feet and had the puck stolen from him on numerous occassions.Anybody know if he will be in the lineup or will Hak go with Radke for tonites game?

I don't know about Grieco tonight, though I wouldn't be surprised to see him sometime in the next month. Hard to say though with the way Jean-Phillippe has been playing. I know coaches like to try other goalies earlier in the year, rather than later, but it would still be hard to bench Phil right now.

I agree ......... he needs some ice time yet it is hard to put him in when JPL is playing so well, also some game time for AG would help later in the year if Lammy should come up lame or something, also I think AG will be the #1 guy next year so some ice time throughout the year this year would be good experience ...... Heading to The Ralph now ....... GO SIOUX!

Hak pre-game comments:

Want to come out of the gates hard. Need the same intensity out of the gates that we had last night. Hopefully, it's something we can have ingrained in our game.

If the label is on us, we need to go out there and live up to it.

Oshie set the tone last night. Not only physical play, but his playmaking and energy every shift. Just endless. He's a guy who loves competition. Take everything else and throw it out the window. Not many who are more competitive.

Special teams took advantage last night. Great PK in the 2nd, and scored a great 5 on 3 goal. That when a long way to solidifying things. Same thing tonight. Have to go out and win those battles.

Obviously, CC's a good/veteran team. They've been sitting around the hotel all day, and they'll come out hard. I'm more worried about how we do. We just need to come out of the gates hard.

I'd like to see us tighten up a bit. We were a bit loose at times. They're good enough to create plays, we don't need to assist them.

Radke and Marto in tonight. Forney out, nothing against Forney, Kyle deserves to go back in. He's battled hard and deserves the opportunity to go back in. Same with Marto. He deserves to get in the lineup. Jones comes out. Tough position to pull Jones. He's a heart and soul guy. LaPoint played well last night though and can't pull him out right now. Jones hasn't been at the top of his game. Sometimes it takes a game to get it out of your mind. He'll play next weekend against Wisconsin.

Great thing to have the Alumni back. Need to take advantage of the crowd and atmosphere, and having these great people around. Players had a few minutes to spend with these Alumni, and it tells you how important this program is to so many people.

Owens comments:

The problem was the tempo of the game was set early, and we weren't ready. I can't really fault O'Connell for the first few goals, but that sort of set the tone.

We had a few more chances than what it looked like.

We had a chance on the PP, and we didn't score. We had a holding and a clipping (we've had a couple of those this year). We killed most of it, but then Duncan showed up with unbelievable poise.

Oshie looked like a man among boys. Some shifts, I was asking myself, "Why's he even here, he should be in the NHL." He's got a great cast around him. What the North Dakota team is doing so well is moving their feet well.

Prosser is doing okay, a mild concussion.

Bachman in tonight.

***Lost the audio feed***

Owens comments:

The problem was the tempo of the game was set early, and we weren't ready. I can't really fault O'Connell for the first few goals, but that sort of set the tone.

We had a few more chances than what it looked like.

We had a chance on the PP, and we didn't score. We had a holding and a clipping (we've had a couple of those this year). We killed most of it, but then Duncan showed up with unbelievable poise.

Oshie looked like a man among boys. Some shifts, I was asking myself, "Why's he even here, he should be in the NHL." He's got a great cast around him. What the North Dakota team is doing so well is moving their feet well.

Prosser is doing okay, a mild concussion.

Bachman in tonight.

***Lost the audio feed***

I think Owens is a class act. He is always complimentary to ANY team (even if his team wins 10-0) and seems genuine about it. Even tonight, he doesn't do the fakey "they are way better than us... we just hope to compete and learn from this game" crap. Just compliments the good and keeps any negative thoughts about the other team to himself while at the same time volunteering the problems his own team had/has/is having without degrading them. I like that...

But I also like the old Deano style of "F@#% them if they can't take a joke!" :lol:

I think Owens is a class act. He is always complimentary to ANY team (even if his team wins 10-0) and seems genuine about it. Even tonight, he doesn't do the fakey "they are way better than us... we just hope to compete and learn from this game" crap. Just compliments the good and keeps any negative thoughts about the other team to himself while at the same time volunteering the problems his own team had/has/is having without degrading them. I like that...

But I also like the old Deano style of "F@#% them if they can't take a joke!" :lol:

Scotty's always been a class act. I don't ever remember him making excuses for his teams poor performance. It's tough to not like a guy like that. Always easier to dislike coaches like Lucia, Eaves, Woog, Dahl, etc.

Scotty's always been a class act. I don't ever remember him making excuses for his teams poor performance. It's tough to not like a guy like that. Always easier to dislike coaches like Lucia, Eaves, Woog, Dahl, etc.

Lucia is a whiner. Eaves beats his players. Woog doesn't even like Woog. Dahl... Jan Brady University... need I say more? Let us not forget our dasherboard dancing friend from the Mile High City!

When did oregon start a hockey program .......... 14 goals in a game is impressive for such a young squad :lol::D

I think the Oregon Ducks first ice hockey season was in 1998-1999. :D<a href="http://www.oregonduckshockey.com/" target="_blank">http://www.oregonduckshockey.com/</a>

ASU is in their club hockey conference so they do actually play each other in ice hockey. Also didn't the Ducks win the Stanley Cup last year. :D

When did oregon start a hockey program .......... 14 goals in a game is impressive for such a young squad :lol::D

Oregon actually does have a club program.. I have a couple of buddies that play on it and they are pretty good at that level.