SiouxSports.com Forum

Anyone like Music ?

Fetch

I've heard great things about that Dave Matthews & Friends show.

My best would be Dave Matthews Band at Alpine Valley Music Theatre, 8/7/2004 or 8/26/07. Amazing nights.

Hey theres another Ant on this board. I was at both, who could forget Superfreak and I'll Back You Up, and then this years Eh Hee and Shotgun, but so many other classics this year. If your ever interested I have a lot of shows on CD and would be happy to burn some for you.

I'm always amazed at all the Sioux fans and UND gear I see at Alpine.

Hey theres another Ant on this board. I was at both, who could forget Superfreak and I'll Back You Up, and then this years Eh Hee and Shotgun, but so many other classics this year. If your ever interested I have a lot of shows on CD and would be happy to burn some for you.

I have all the shows from 2005 except for one and almost all the shows from 2006.

Hmmm...

Personally, I don't get people who do like Nirvana. You could take three high school kids... give them instruments and three months worth of lessons, and you'd have the next Nirvana. If I had to describe their sound to somebody who had never heard Nirvana, I would say they sound like they really need to practice learning how to play their instruments properly. Incredibly sloppy playing and downright poor musianship ability, speaking from a technical point of view. Dave Grohl proved later on that he is actually a talented guy, but Cobain in my opinion was nothing more than a junkie who muttered incoherent jibberish. But hey, each to their own... right? After all, if everybody had the same taste the world would be a very boring place.

too many days without sioux hockey... and i found my way to this thread. you're entitled to your opinion here dave, but i think you are way off. yes he was a junkie, and i have never and never will condone that, but that does not take away from who he was as a musician. i think curt was a visionary and an excellent songwriter, although rough and not for everyone. it is sad how many of our times musical geniuses were led astray because of drugs. can you imagine if jimi hendrix or janis joplin or brad nowell or kurt cobain had stayed sober and stayed around to mature musically? those musical minds are few and FAR between, and too many are wasted on smack, but i am begining to sound like and anti-drug PSA :D nirvana was never one of my top bands, but this was one of my favorites...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUUHNf0S5cA...feature=related

Do you have a copy of the 2004 show?

8/7/2004 became an official release so I can no longer distribute it cause it is copyrighted. You should be able to get it off the DMB website, I believe it is Live Trax Vol. 8

Any other shows that have not been officially released I can copy for you. I have a ton, just let me know what you want.

too many days without sioux hockey... and i found my way to this thread. you're entitled to your opinion here dave, but i think you are way off. yes he was a junkie, and i have never and never will condone that, but that does not take away from who he was as a musician. i think curt was a visionary and an excellent songwriter, although rough and not for everyone. it is sad how many of our times musical geniuses were led astray because of drugs. can you imagine if jimi hendrix or janis joplin or brad nowell or kurt cobain had stayed sober and stayed around to mature musically? those musical minds are few and FAR between, and too many are wasted on smack, but i am begining to sound like and anti-drug PSA :D nirvana was never one of my top bands, but this was one of my favorites...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUUHNf0S5cA...feature=related

Good post. Here's my favorite from Nirvana. Not an original, but an awesome rendition.

Thanks for the offer, but I've got far too many shows already. Way more than I find time to listen to. A couple hundred GB, if I remember right.

8/7/2004 became an official release so I can no longer distribute it cause it is copyrighted. You should be able to get it off the DMB website, I believe it is Live Trax Vol. 8

Any other shows that have not been officially released I can copy for you. I have a ton, just let me know what you want.

You can still legally trade the tapers copy, just not the official release.

True, but the differences between the two are incredible. I don't think there was much Dave Speak in the show anyways.

I think it is funner to have the tapers shows. Have you guys ever noticed how some tapers work is much better than others? Jon Ice is probably the best one. Crumbo and scottbrown are also pretty good. One show I would like to get is Winnipeg in spring of '98. Funny how all three of us are asking each other if they need a show when we all have a ton of them already.

I think it is funner to have the tapers shows. Have you guys ever noticed how some tapers work is much better than others? Jon Ice is probably the best one. Crumbo and scottbrown are also pretty good. One show I would like to get is Winnipeg in spring of '98. Funny how all three of us are asking each other if they need a show when we all have a ton of them already.

I usually go after Crumbo's if I see he has taped it

• 3 weeks later...