SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

tn_IMG_1484.jpg VS mtu.gif

Here we are............First 2 WCHA games of the season on the road in Houghton. Lets start it off with 2 points and play some FIGHTING SIOUX HOCKEY

How long will the scoreless streak go for? Lets limit the penalties and light the lamp

WEBCAST - 11.95 For a month and view both games then cancel if you like

LINK TO GET WEBCAST

or listen on sioux radio feed

LINK TO SIGN UP FOR RADIO

thebigdugoallightsthatwealllov.gif

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the sample video off Michigan Tech's webcast registration page?

My machine works for Sioux home games, and it worked for the game at Northeastern. So far no luck with this one...

just wait if you are worried but i already bought it and im guessing it will be fine come game time.

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the sample video off Michigan Tech's webcast registration page?

My machine works for Sioux home games, and it worked for the game at Northeastern. So far no luck with this one...

I had the same trouble at times with ours, prior to the season, but it works just fine. I purchased it, as I think it will be fine. If it doesn't work, I guess I'll go with TH.

Hak pre-game comments:

We've seen 3 different styles of team thus far. Been a big challenge early in the year. Made us better.

Hard to have a measuring stick at this time. Wins and losses are one thing, we've made it through undefeated. We've made good progress. We're starting to find some different chemistry's.

A big challenge for us is starting well. Michigan Tech came out early last week and jammed it down Mankato's throat. We started out okay, but that's not good enough for the WCHA. We need to raise it and set the bar intensity wise. A lot of different factors out east. On the road in someone else's building, you know they're going to come out hard against you.

Tech will come out and play a physical style. They play a little more physical at home than on the road, as well as a little more jump. We need to be ready to go for that.

Who knows what's in store regarding the score of the game. Obviously, we play a different defensive style, but we've played hard in our own zone. Phil's done well. It gets tougher once we get into WCHA games.

Have to get your nose dirty. Can't get frustrated with teams who collapse to the net. Need to be hungry and get the puck and just keep after it. They do a good job at clogging up the neutral zone. They use four guys to clog it. We need to have good transitions and make good plays. Hopefully we can get down low and cycle.

Vande Velde on top line centering Oshie and Duncan. Kaip has done a great job to allow us to move Vande up to that line. I think Vande makes good plays and is able to work with those guys. Kaip and Watson have been our two most consitent players. They score timely goals and contribute all over the ice.

Lasting memory of last Xmas break is what happen in the last series before Xmas this year. Don't know how much that will come into play once the puck is dropped, but we'll see. Want to get a good start to our WCHA season.