SiouxSports.com Forum

Big news in the wind

PCM

I've been informed via a personal message by one of this board's most well-connected anonymous insiders that something important in UND athletics will happen this weekend. He won't reveal how he knows about this. Heck, I don't even know exactly what it is (although I can guess) or how he came by this unmetionable bit of information. But if he says it's true, well, it must be true.

I'm performing a public service by passing the big story on to loyal SiouxSports.com readers in hopes that it gets me nominated for a Pulitzer or, at the very least, earns me a nice NDNA plaque for my wall. :D

So, remember, whenever this big news breaks (it might even be link-worthy), you first heard whatever it is from PCM, your trusty, all-knowing sudo-reporter with more than 12,000 posts of instant credibility. ;);)

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess:

The Athletic Facility Master Plan will be revealed with 25 years worth of building projects. Maybe a smallish athletic endowment donation(<$2M) to spice up the event.

if this is zach budish commiting to und i will personaly jump up and down with joy and then expect und to match michagan's 9 national titles in the next 3 years because und already has an amazing returning core this year and a nice incoming group for 08 but if budish is the commitment then 09 looks like a 3 peat im calling it now.

My guess:

The Athletic Facility Master Plan will be revealed with 25 years worth of building projects. Maybe a smallish athletic endowment donation(<$2M) to spice up the event.

if this is zach budish commiting to und i will personaly jump up and down with joy and then expect und to match michagan's 9 national titles in the next 3 years because und already has an amazing returning core this year and a nice incoming group for 08 but if budish is the commitment then 09 looks like a 3 peat im calling it now.

That would be a nice Christmas present...

I'm assuming that since this is in the Community thread and not in the hockey or football thread that the news will impact UND Athletics as a whole. Could it be a substantial donation, conference news, the long awaited master plan ...?

My guess is that Diggler will be named a new assistant AD and become AD heir apparent. :D

Come on PCM, at least give us a hint.

I told you as much as I know. Perhaps one of the insiders will enlighten us rather than playing "I know something you don't know" games behind the scenes. Given the drum this particular insider has been beating, I doubt that it has anything to do with hockey recruits.

Edited by PCM

I'm assuming that since this is in the Community thread and not in the hockey or football thread that the news will impact UND Athletics as a whole.

Obviously, everyone is free to assume whatever they want. That's the beauty of insider information.

I told you as much as I know. Perhaps one of the insiders will enlighten us rather playing "I know something you don't know" games behind the scenes. Given the drum this particular insider has been beating, I doubt that it has anything to do with hockey recruits.

Nickname? Conference? Donation?

I told you as much as I know. Perhaps one of the insiders will enlighten us rather playing "I know something you don't know" games behind the scenes. Given the drum this particular insider has been beating, I doubt that it has anything to do with hockey recruits.

I think you need to at least Star2City this and make a prediction.

Take a chance PCM. ;)

then we can mock him when he's wrong. :D

I guess I've now attained "insider" status as well, as I received the same heads-up. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve! I can hardly wait...

Is this the "Buning's fired" announcement that's been alluded to over and over?

Is Bollinger coming back to save the athletic department from certain doom?

Or maybe Roger Thomas?

Stay tuned...

Personnel?

As did I.

Yet, somehow I felt like this news was slow to me, through this process at least .... :D

I guess i'm in the minority here in thinking that this would be a bad thing for UND? I feel like Bunning has done a great job here while at UND. I would feel much more comfortable with an AD who has D1 experience during this transition, rather than a local who doesn't. Nothing personal to the locals, but the d1 experience would come in handy with scheduling and conference affilitian. If this is the case though, best of luck Bunning, at least one member of the sioux community will be sad to see you go.

Dan Hammer said (while thinking he was not on the air...I bought the video version for the football game so I guess there are no commercials on the air).

He said...."there will be no pushups." "He hasn't been at sporting events for awhile."

Sounds like Bunning is definately done and is definately adding validity to the RUMORS so many people have been talking about.