SiouxSports.com Forum

7 MONTH LEFT ON HAKS CONTRACT?

the"source"

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OHIO STATE WILL BE LOOKING FOR A NEW COACH ABOUT THE SAME TIME HAKS CONTRACT IS UP. DO YALL THINK THEY WOULD WANT HIM? MAYBE I AM OFF BASE ON THIS ONE. I AM ALSWAYS AT EASE WHEN PEOPLE THAT DON'T LIVE IN GRAND FORKS AND GO TO 2 GAMES A YEAR CAN TELL ME WHEN I AM OFF BASE!

I SURE AM GLAD YOU GUYS THINK IT'S ALL GOOD.

OHIO STATE WILL BE LOOKING FOR A NEW COACH ABOUT THE SAME TIME HAKS CONTRACT IS UP. DO YALL THINK THEY WOULD WANT HIM? MAYBE I AM OFF BASE ON THIS ONE. I AM ALSWAYS AT EASE WHEN PEOPLE THAT DON'T LIVE IN GRAND FORKS AND GO TO 2 GAMES A YEAR CAN TELL ME WHEN I AM OFF BASE!

I live in GF for a good portion of the year and no I don't think there is anything to worry about. what I would worry about is if Buning had to tell you every little thing that he is doing to make sure that it is ok. RELAX! Buning was hired for a reason and there is no proof that he isn't getting that job done. There is proof that he is doing his job in that HAKSTOL said NOT TO WORRY! So no I am not going to worry. Ohio State may want Hak, but does Hak want Ohio State would be the question anyway.

I is still not concerned...

No, actually, I've heard that when Lucia moves over to coach the Wild, Hakstol will take the Minnesota job. He'll be paid $500,000/year, get a brand new Escalade every year, a free membership at Interlachen, and the ability to fart strawberry scented rainbows. As well, he'll also be given the power to raise the dead and heal the sick, just like Lucia.

This is a legitimate concern expressed by a knowledgeable Sioux supporter. Buning is stepping on his richard and there is

a real danger that this is not going to get done. In the final run, one or the other of these two guys may well be history.

Whom do you prefer be shown the door?

The deal is, Buning is a big, and a good, cheerleader, and can do a few push ups to boot. However, he is, in my opinion,

way over his head in running a D-1 athletic department. His military mentality, which serves him well in certain walks of life

no doubt, handcuffs him well in others.

As for contract negotiations, being a goverment man, all he has ever had to do is look up the government's pay matrix.

Years of service. Job classification. Voila. There is the pay raise.

He is likely dumbfounded on the subtle intricacies of D-1 coaching deals. Here is saying that Hak will be signed, and

perhaps soon. However, it will be inked by an athletic director whose name is something other than Tom Buning,

who will soon be going the way of Tom Dooley. Hanging his head.

This is a legitimate concern expressed by a knowledgeable Sioux supporter. Buning is stepping on his richard and there is

a real danger that this is not going to get done. In the final run, one or the other of these two guys may well be history.

Whom do you prefer be shown the door?

The deal is, Buning is a big, and a good, cheerleader, and can do a few push ups to boot. However, he is, in my opinion,

way over his head in running a D-1 athletic department. His military mentality, which serves him well in certain walks of life

no doubt, handcuffs him well in others.

As for contract negotiations, being a goverment man, all he has ever had to do is look up the government's pay matrix.

Years of service. Job classification. Voila. There is the pay raise.

He is likely dumbfounded on the subtle intricacies of D-1 coaching deals. Here is saying that Hak will be signed, and

perhaps soon. However, it will be inked by an athletic director whose name is something other than Tom Buning,

who will soon be going the way of Tom Dooley. Hanging his head.

and the point has been made that HAKSTOL has said NOT TO WORRY. what more do you want? What people have said is that as long as Hak says not to worry, then they aren't going to worry. Buning does not have to come out and say that he is in contract negoiations with this coach or this coach and he doesn't want to give a raise to this coach. In the business world do you come out and ask your boss if he is going to fire your co-worker or give them a raise because you like them and that is your right, NO! We don't need to know if they are in them or not because it is no of our business, and it doesn't really concern us. And before you bring up your sources, I have spoke to people in the Athletic Office and they laughed at what you are suggesting. People have talked to Hakstol and he has said not to worry. I am sorry,but insider information does not get anymore insider than Hak.

Edit because i had to make sure: Buning was the associate athletic director when he was with the Army. They would be a completely D-I school, in your opinion he may be over his head, but I think he might have learned something there.

A couple of observations:

1. Many of the posters expressing concern are closer to the situation than most. By brushing off their comments, you are burying your head in the sand.

2. What do you expect Hakstol or Buning to say when asked?

3. Buning seems great on a social level, I have no idea as to his abilities as an AD...I'm in the neutral camp.

4. Even if this did get botched, we are in a lame-duck leadership situation at the top, so don't expect any heads to roll.

A couple of observations:

1. Many of the posters expressing concern are closer to the situation than most. By brushing off their comments, you are burying your head in the sand.

2. What do you expect Hakstol or Buning to say when asked?

3. Buning seems great on a social level, I have no idea as to his abilities as an AD...I'm in the neutral camp.

4. Even if this did get botched, we are in a lame-duck leadership situation at the top, so don't expect any heads to roll.

They may be closer to it than me, but several of the rest of us have sources as well and you can not get anymore insider info than from Hak or Buning. they weren't asked if they were having problems with each other, they were asked if they were worried about the contract, Hak said that they were working on it and not to worry. It takes time to work these things out.

If Buning has an IQ greater than 65, he knows that if Hak goes, his career at UND and in DI is probably over. Hak will get a deal that is similar to all other top coaches. Maybe a tiny bit less because COL in ND is very low.

If Buning has an IQ greater than 65, he knows that if Hak goes, his career at UND and in DI is probably over. Hak will get a deal that is similar to all other top coaches. Maybe a tiny bit less because COL in ND is very low.

agreed. hak will get a contract soon. as a matter of fact, someone on schlossman's comments said a 5 year extension will be announced soon. just a rumor, but still. and hak will make less than the big city coaches, because it costs of living is about 1/3 of what it is in minny or denver etc. if anybody would sign with ohio state it would be blais. they could give him a big contract and make osu not suck.

and the point has been made that HAKSTOL has said NOT TO WORRY. what more do you want? What people have said is that as long as Hak says not to worry, then they aren't going to worry. Buning does not have to come out and say that he is in contract negoiations with this coach or this coach and he doesn't want to give a raise to this coach. In the business world do you come out and ask your boss if he is going to fire your co-worker or give them a raise because you like them and that is your right, NO! We don't need to know if they are in them or not because it is no of our business, and it doesn't really concern us. And before you bring up your sources, I have spoke to people in the Athletic Office and they laughed at what you are suggesting. People have talked to Hakstol and he has said not to worry. I am sorry,but insider information does not get anymore insider than Hak.

Edit because i had to make sure: Buning was the associate athletic director when he was with the Army. They would be a completely D-I school, in your opinion he may be over his head, but I think he might have learned something there.

Come on, of course Hak is going to say not to worry. The same way Jordan Parise and countless others say they are returning only to later sign pro deals. Hak has got to much class to bring his issues into the public forum. It is up to Buning to get the deal inked. The point of the thread concerned the lack in confidence of Buning to get the deal done, concern that is well placed. I have no doubt that Hak will sign a deal if a fair deal is put before him. I do have doubt over whether Buning is the guy to get it done.

Why Rob Bollinger was not signed as AD still has me baffled. With Bollinger in charge, this thread would never have been started.

Come on, of course Hak is going to say not to worry. The same way Jordan Parise and countless others say they are returning only to later sign pro deals. Hak has got to much class to bring his issues into the public forum. It is up to Buning to get the deal inked. The point of the thread concerned the lack in confidence of Buning to get the deal done, concern that is well placed. I have no doubt that Hak will sign a deal if a fair deal is put before him. I do have doubt over whether Buning is the guy to get it done.

Why Rob Bollinger was not signed as AD still has me baffled. With Bollinger in charge, this thread would never have been started.

POST # 23 HMMMM #23