SiouxSports.com Forum
sioux7>5

Jerseys

7 hours ago, Kenny Rogers said:

Thank you-- I appreciate it! 

Maybe I was harsh with the whole "people can't get over it" comment, because truth be told-- I personally love the old Sioux designs. Especially the most recent and the geometric design. There wasn't a single college that had a better logo than the University of North Dakota. Hell, I'd argue the last Sioux logo was a better logo than a good deal of professional sports teams. 

For the designers that made the Fighting Hawks logo, it was tough to live up to those expectations, and with a name like "Fighting Hawks" it was going to be even tougher. Also, with the anger stemming from how the nickname/logo was removed, it's going to be a gradual and delicate task to introduce these logos into the community. I think UND's done a decent job so far, but like I said-- rip that band-aid off.

Sorry, but I can't trust this guy with the jersey design after hearing this on the best of KQRS...(morning radio in the Twin Cities)

Kenny Rogers:  I'm wearing a terry-cloth robe and my stomach is hanging out....

Brandy:  I'm wearing a ski mask and a camisole....are you gonna do me Gambler?  Kenny?

18 minutes ago, Kenny Rogers said:

Don't knock the terry-cloth robe. It's gets me all the daytime friends and nighttime lovers.

Just as long as you don't fall in love with a dreamer, it's all good. 

30 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Looks like another win for the 

#MMHaMaOOPA crowd

"Make Mens Hockey as Mediocre as Our Other Programs Again"

They need to come up with a logo that's better then what they paid for.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, cberkas said:

They need a moniker that actually follows the criteria that were made for choosing one.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Maybe because it's a goalie jersey and they stretched the letters a little more? Just a guess

The "Dakota" on the game one is curved where the one Brad shared the "Dakota" looks straight.

47 minutes ago, cberkas said:

The "Dakota" on the game one is curved where the one Brad shared the "Dakota" looks straight.

Its just the way its hanging. thats all

13 hours ago, cberkas said:

Looks like the "Dakota" is different on the game jersey from the one you can buy.

12 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Looks like another win for the 

#MMHaMaOOPA crowd

"Make Mens Hockey as Mediocre as Our Other Programs Again"

11 hours ago, cberkas said:

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Maybe because it's a goalie jersey and they stretched the letters a little more? Just a guess

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Sheesh...I think the D is 2 millimeters bigger than the AKOTA.  Also, the black striping needs to be one pantone darker.  Does anyone double-check jersey specs these days?

On 18/09/2017 at 2:38 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

The new jersey script on the jerseys is much better IMO.  It's not a huge change, but that little bit of character to the lettering adds a lot.  

jersey1.jpg

They are growing on me.

• Upvote 1

They should sell old Sioux jerseys (Brien era, geometric, Blackhawks (royalties???), Or even older jerseys) as part of the Dacotah Heritage Collection. Just make the patch small enough, and place it so it can be easily covered by a conference patch. They'd have to be perfect replicas.

10 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

They should sell old Sioux jerseys (Brien era, geometric, Blackhawks (royalties???), Or even older jerseys) as part of the Dacotah Heritage Collection. Just make the patch small enough, and place it so it can be easily covered by a conference patch. They'd have to be perfect replicas.

Depends on what size you need, I may have a few....

11 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

I am sure they have thought about that but with their push to get the new logo/identity into peoples hands I am willing to bet you will only see small things for right now.

11 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

48 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

I am sure they have thought about that but with their push to get the new logo/identity into peoples hands I am willing to bet you will only see small things for right now.

As counterintuitive as it may seem, the only way to speed up the release of retro jerseys might be to run out and buy current jerseys. A LOT of them. Poor sales of current jerseys might be perceived as slow acceptance, which will make UND even more reluctant to roll out retros for fear of cannibalizing their own market. If the new stuff flies off the shelves, however, and gets seen at games in big numbers, that may ease fears about what will almost certainly be a controversial release of Sioux merch. 

28 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

As counterintuitive as it may seem, the only way to speed up the release of retro jerseys might be to run out and buy current jerseys. A LOT of them. Poor sales of current jerseys might be perceived as slow acceptance, which will make UND even more reluctant to roll out retros for fear of cannibalizing their own market. If the new stuff flies off the shelves, however, and gets seen at games in big numbers, that may ease fears about what will almost certainly be a controversial release of Sioux merch. 

So buy something you absolutely don't want in hopes of being able to buy something you really do want? 

Brilliant!!!

• Upvote 1