SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Recruiting

AZSIOUX

Wanted to start this thread so we can see what other schools are doing and when they get a commitment so our sioux recruit threads arent flooded with that info. Still nice to keep tabs on on the other 9!

start it with this one, nice local pick up for the huskies

Little Falls High School star Ben Hanowski has committed to St. Cloud for 2009

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to start this thread so we can see what other schools are doing and when they get a commitment so our sioux recruit threads arent flooded with that info. Still nice to keep tabs on on the other 9!

start it with this one, nice local pick up for the huskies

Little Falls High School star Ben Hanowski has committed to St. Cloud for 2009

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/

Wow, SCCC may be for real, and by real I mean they may win their first NCAA Playoff game... As for Hanowski, "you could have been a contender..."

Wow, SCCC may be for real, and by real I mean they may win their first NCAA Playoff game... As for Hanowski, "you could have been a contender..."

It's a nice pickup for St. Cloud, but becaue of the additions of Mattson, Kristo, and Fink (not to mention all the forwards in 08), I don't feel it is to big of a loss for us. There will be a scholarship for Budish and possibly one more foward, but after that I feel we will be done for foward in 09.

It's a nice pickup for St. Cloud, but becaue of the additions of Mattson, Kristo, and Fink (not to mention all the forwards in 08), I don't feel it is to big of a loss for us. There will be a scholarship for Budish and possibly one more foward, but after that I feel we will be done for foward in 09.

Wow, I got tarred and feathered for having the audacity to suggest we had space for 2 more forwards... Your brave to bring that up again... :glare:

• 2 weeks later...
from brad, interesting, looks like ness will accelerate his education in roseau and go to umtc in 08 instead of 09

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

This doesn't surprise me since I heard this from a source in Roseau a few weeks ago, I just didn't know how credible it was. His age doesn't represent his class because he turns 18 in May, so it's not like he will be a 17 year old d-men in the WCHA.

This doesn't surprise me since I heard this from a source in Roseau a few weeks ago, I just didn't know how credible it was. His age doesn't represent his class because he turns 18 in May, so it's not like he will be a 17 year old d-men in the WCHA.

exactly, he will be 18, still young for the wcha but he will be damn good

Denver just got another great recruit Adam Murray (G) for 2009. This adds to three other top shelf recruits that they got this summer (Joe Colborne, Paul Phillips, and Matt Donovan). Sure Gregoire hurt, but I would say that those that thought DU was slipping in talent are dead wrong. I would also say that DU has the best Sophomore class in the WCHA this season.

Denver just got another great recruit Adam Murray (G) for 2009. This adds to three other top shelf recruits that they got this summer (Joe Colborne, Paul Phillips, and Matt Donovan). Sure Gregoire hurt, but I would say that those that thought DU was slipping in talent are dead wrong. I would also say that DU has the best Sophomore class in the WCHA this season.

i wouldnt say slipping but i would say they took some unexpected hits as when we lose players and other top programs lose players its usually due to early departures that we may know is gona happen

gwoz the dasher statue will keep them a float

I dislike Gwoz more than Lucia.

Lucia actually gives credit to other teams when they deserve it, or blames his own team's play when they deserve it.

Gwoz might be the most arrogant coach in the WCHA. And I think that it tends to rub off on some of his players, so they tend to act the same way.

I dislike Gwoz more than Lucia.

Lucia actually gives credit to other teams when they deserve it, or blames his own team's play when they deserve it.

Gwoz might be the most arrogant coach in the WCHA. And I think that it tends to rub off on some of his players, so they tend to act the same way.

Two very different characters. Gwoz launches into emotional tirades while Lucy blames all of his teams problems on others. Neither of which are desireable traits for the head coach of Div I hockey team.

Two very different characters. Gwoz launches into emotional tirades while Lucy blames all of his teams problems on others. Neither of which are desireable traits for the head coach of Div I hockey team.

Both have proven to be great coaches and that is part of the reason we dislike them. I would take either of them over Jutting (no talent hack loser), or Eaves (zzzzzzzzz....).

Both have proven to be great coaches and that is part of the reason we dislike them. I would take either of them over Jutting (no talent hack loser), or Eaves (zzzzzzzzz....).

Reminds me why he's on ignore. I'm sure there are links to dozens of quotes where Lucia blamed others for Gopher failures to back up such a bold claim.

Reminds me why he's on ignore. I'm sure there are links to dozens of quotes where Lucia blamed others for Gopher failures to back up such a bold claim.

One glaring and obvious example for poor old Slappy, who always needs that blessed link. :) Would you have everybody on this site believe that you haven't noticed, or do you choose to ignore, what Lucy has said to the press about the World Juniors and its coaches every time his team struggles in the Spring.

One glaring and obvious example for poor old Slappy, who always needs that blessed link. :) Would you have everybody on this site believe that you haven't noticed, or do you choose to ignore, what Lucy has said to the press about the World Juniors and its coaches every time his team struggles in the Spring.

Ignorance is much more comfortable for Skippie