SiouxSports.com Forum

Volleyball 2007

GeauxSioux

Rewriting the record books

Schmiesing leaves with eight individual records under her belt. She set two records in volleyball - most kills in a season and a career. She owns three basketball records - most rebounds in a season and most rebounds in a game as well as being tied for most rebounds in a game and steals in a game.

She also holds the school record in the discus.

Her prowess on the volleyball court earned Schmiesing a full scholarship to the University of North Dakota where she will be part of a program that will transition to Division I in two years.

"I'm very excited," she said. "I never thought I would be a Division I player. I thought Division II at the highest."

.... the University of North Dakota where she will be part of a program that will transition to Division I in two years.

Is this a signal that VB has been designated as the womens sport for the two-year (rather than five year) transition time?

• 3 weeks later...

The 2007 Volleyball schedule is out...

UND volleyball to take on three 2006 NCAA national semifinalists this season

The University of North Dakota volleyball team (15-11 overall and 6-6 North Central Conference in 2006 under first-year head coach Katy Peterson) has a tough schedule in 2007, with 15 of its 29 regular season matches against teams that qualified for the 2006 NCAA Division II volleyball tournament.

Eleven of the 22 teams on UND