SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

GeauxSioux

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice piece of work the girls put on there. From what I've heard, Lynch elbowed a girl so hard that she couldn't feel her hand. Mankato had it coming and I'm glad the girls laid it out there to defend their teammate.

At Minnesota this weekend for the first round of the WCHA playoffs.

I'm assuming that since we have't heard anything that there were no suspensions handed down. I guess there no checking in women's hockey but fista cuffs doesn't get you a suspensions.

The girls has a good season and I hope that they continue to improve as a team. We had no seniors on this years team, so they should all be back next year and keeping working as a team.

Unfortunately with 6-8 new recruits coming in not everyone wil be back. There was an article a while back in the GFH about the girls playing for a spot on next years team. The girls worked hard and provided us with some very entertaining hockey. Good luck to everyone in the off season.

They definitely played with a short bench this year. Good strategy to get everyone experience and playing time this year and keep as many as possible for next year. I know not everyone will get to play next year, but I don't think too many should be cut. Still, something like that is always good for motivating players to work a little harder.

For whoever said Idalski was a waste of $90,000, you must not have been to games this year and last year. It is night and day watching this team. Last year we were disorganized and spent most of our posessions with the puck icing it for a line change. This year, while not spectacular, was a great improvement over what I saw in the 06-07 season. Granted, I wish we could have pulled out a lot of those close 3-2 and 4-3 types of games, but hopefully that will come next year and the record will start to show the improvements being made.

By the way, the team ranked 10th in the nation for average attendance this year. So thanks to everyone that came out! I can't wait for next season.

:D

Well that was 90,000 dollars well spent, great improvement over last year..... :D

Don't worry, I donated the money.....and I paid in cash, cause rich people don't write checks.....

Let's talk about recruiting classes.....Don Lucia won two National Championships with kids that Doug Woog recruited. Has he won anything since? Cut the women's program some slack. It isn't about the money, it's about the athletes. I think it would be dumb for a school rich in hockey tradition to not have a women's team and that the school probably has a bad rap because of some past problems in the coaching area, and it is going to take a couple years for the team to get over that.

Anyway.....let next season begin, and may it be better than this season.