Women's Hockey

GeauxSioux

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just wondering if I could get some help from yall.... I'm doing a speech on the hockey program here, which includes the women's team obviously. Anyone know where I can get some NON-INTERNET sources for info on the history and different things for the women's hockey program?? Thanks!

Hey guys, just wondering if I could get some help from yall.... I'm doing a speech on the hockey program here, which includes the women's team obviously. Anyone know where I can get some NON-INTERNET sources for info on the history and different things for the women's hockey program?? Thanks!

Why not contact Shantel Rivard? She's still in town, correct?

• 1 month later...

I am hearing from someone close to the team that Idalski is making an impression. He is very strict, but very well liked by at least most of the team. At least some feel that they may have one of the top coaching groups in Div. I. A couple of them may be having second thoughts, however. Two players evidently disrespected the women's locker room and so the entire team has been moved to the visiting team locker room as an attitude adjustment until they deserve to get their locker room back. Looks like the new sheriff in town wants it done his way.

• 2 weeks later...
I am hearing from someone close to the team that Idalski is making an impression. He is very strict, but very well liked by at least most of the team. At least some feel that they may have one of the top coaching groups in Div. I. A couple of them may be having second thoughts, however. Two players evidently disrespected the women's locker room and so the entire team has been moved to the visiting team locker room as an attitude adjustment until they deserve to get their locker room back. Looks like the new sheriff in town wants it done his way.

Idalski seems like a good guy for the job. Him and the other coaches, I think, have the tools they need to carve our women's hockey team into a good program the next few years. Hopefully people will come out and support them, come out and see what they've got to offer! It should be a good season!

I totally agree. Brian did a super job with other programs he has worked with and I'm excited that he is now working with the Sioux. I have never been to a womens game but have planned to attend some this year. Going to the Twin Cities and watch them in October and also when they play in St.Cloud. GO SIOUX!

Fee throws: Idalski gets player

The UND women's hockey team needs goal scorers.

The Sioux found one in forward Alyssa Wiebe of the Notre Dame Hounds of Wilcox, Sask.. She given UND a verbal commitment to play for the Sioux.

Wiebe, from Saskatoon, Sask., led the Saskatchewan midget AAA league in scoring last season with 29 goals and 32 assists. She also had 19 points in the playoffs.

It says she visited UND and Clarkson and was also being recruited by other schools. I wonder who those other schools were that were goin after her.

I hear the women's hockey team won their exhibition game tonight 3-1... wish I could have been there, but had to work. I'll make as many as I can for the rest of the season! Let's go Sioux!

Yeah! It was a really fun game to be at! There were quite a few more people there than usual, I was happy to see that!!

Some funny Manitoba guys came over to the "student section" to sit with us... We told them they weren't allowed to actively cheer for their team while with us, so they were cheering for both teams :)

Yeah it looks like Idalski may have put together a decent team (although I may be speaking too soon, cuz Manitoba wasn't very good).... They even cut some girls to add others to the roster...

All in all a great game, and I hope to see some others come out and support this group of girls!