SiouxSports.com Forum

They Are Reading ALL Your Emails

AccountingStu

You have no right to privacy in emails. Whatever you send, much like a phone conversation within hearing distance of another is fair game....like a post on an internet board, such as this one.

Just so you know, they filter EVERY phone call in the US, and probably in many other countries.

If Hockey Mom doesn't want her right to protection against warrantless wiretapping, I'll take her share. You say you've done nothing wrong and they can look in your bank accounts, email, phone records, financial reports, mortgage statements, etc., but you don't realize that you are forking over your constitutional rights. Nobody has the right to search your private info without a warrant.

If Hockey Mom doesn't want her right to protection against warrantless wiretapping, I'll take her share.

I didn't say it was right or wrong, I'm just saying that you don't have privacy in an email.

I guess my view on the whole thing is, I haven't done anything wrong, so I'm not going to worry about it. I've always thought that with the technology that they have, the ability to zoom in and take satellite imagery, they probably have the technology to listen to any conversation that they want to.

I just go down into the laundry room and have a conversation the Tony Soprano way, anyway.

If Hockey Mom doesn't want her right to protection against warrantless wiretapping, I'll take her share. You say you've done nothing wrong and they can look in your bank accounts, email, phone records, financial reports, mortgage statements, etc., but you don't realize that you are forking over your constitutional rights. Nobody has the right to search your private info without a warrant.

People are so cute when they think they have a right to privacy.

If you think your personal data is secure, you may want to see what private brokers like ChoicePoint gather about you.

Link

People are so cute when they think they have a right to privacy.

If you think your personal data is secure, you may want to see what private brokers like ChoicePoint gather about you.

Link

the NSA then pays choicepoint a hefty sum to use that information.

Frontline just did a report, "Spying on the Homefront," and had a segment on choicepoint. It was very interesting and frightening.

HockeyMom, you haven't done anything wrong, you shouldn't have to worry, and yet THEY don't care - they still treat you as though you were a criminal.

"Adherence to our values is what distinguishes us from our enemy."

-Gen. Petraeus

The only person I wouldn't want reading my e-mails is PCM. :D

Your e-mails to me never make it past my spam filter. :p:(

But I'm sure Dick Cheney is far more interested in your e-mails than I am. So you have that going for you. ;)

But I'm sure Dick Cheney is far more interested in your e-mails than I am. So you have that going for you. :D

Dick Cheney asked HockeyMom, Siouxmama and me to forward our emails to him. That's the only way he'll know what's going on.... anywhere!!!

Then: It's all your fault! You didn't connect the dots!!!

Now: Stop trying to connect the dots!!!

or

Then:

thb10.jpg

"Dots? Well, I suppose a couple dots can't hurt nothing"

Now:

britney-spears.jpg

"GIMME MORE DOTS! I mean, I'm sorry, baby. Just gimme some more dots and I won't bother you anymore..."

Just so you know, they filter EVERY phone call in the US, and probably in many other countries.

Lets see, if your not building bombs, selling drugs, cooking meth, and your not a child sex predator, what difference does it make?

Let them look at my email, half of them are unwanted spam that I can't figure out how to get rid of.

This is a silly argument was brought on by the same people that are appalled that we would hold terrorist in Gitmo and not give them Habeous Corpus rights, hello, the USA has never given illegal combantants these rights, it would be unpredicented. If some think this only started during the Bush administration you have your head stuck in the sand. The ALCU is ruining this country. I can just see this happening; we intercept osama Bin Ladien's email or phone call and shot him or blow up his cave and there will be some crack pot out there what will be concerned if we listened to his phone call's or looked @/read his email with out getting a fisa warrant and will want to impeach someone in the government. Yikes...

First they came for the Jews

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left

to speak out for me.

-Pastor Martin Niem

First they came for the Jews

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left

to speak out for me.

-Pastor Martin Niem

Lets see, if your not building bombs, selling drugs, cooking meth, and your not a child sex predator, what difference does it make?

Let them look at my email, half of them are unwanted spam that I can't figure out how to get rid of.

This is a silly argument was brought on by the same people that are appalled that we would hold terrorist in Gitmo and not give them Habeous Corpus rights, hello, the USA has never given illegal combantants these rights, it would be unpredicented. If some think this only started during the Bush administration you have your head stuck in the sand. The ALCU is ruining this country. I can just see this happening; we intercept osama Bin Ladien's email or phone call and shot him or blow up his cave and there will be some crack pot out there what will be concerned if we listened to his phone call's or looked @/read his email with out getting a fisa warrant and will want to impeach someone in the government. Yikes...

Did anyone mention 'W' in this email? A little defensive aren't you?

Did anyone mention 'W' in this email? A little defensive aren't you?

No one is defensive, however, I do think your missing the point. There is this flawed logic out there that the EVIL government is reading emails and some how the are going to come knock down your door, and basically this perception that somehow the Bush Administration was the first one to do this. I am just saying its been happening for years. Clinton had a stack of FBI files on his poltical adversaries. First thing that comes to mind is:

J Edgar Hoover

Hoover has frequently been accused of exceeding and abusing his authority. He is known to have investigated individuals and groups because of their political beliefs rather than suspected criminal activity as well as using the FBI for other extralegal activities such as burglaries and illegal wiretaps.[1] Hoover fired FBI agents randomly or frequently by singling out those who he thought "looked stupid like truck drivers" or he considered to be "pinheads."[2] He also relocated agents who had displeased him to career-ending assignments and locations. Melvin Purvis was a prime example; he was one of the more effective agents in capturing and breaking up 1930s gangs and received substantial public recognition, but a jealous Hoover maneuvered him out of the FBI. [3] It is because of Hoover's long and controversial reign that FBI directors are now limited to ten-year terms.

No one is defensive, however, I do think your missing the point. There is this flawed logic out there that the EVIL government is reading emails and some how the are going to come knock down your door, and basically this perception that somehow the Bush Administration was the first one to do this. I am just saying its been happening for years. Clinton had a stack of FBI files on his poltical adversaries. First thing that comes to mind is:

First of all, you forgot to post a work cited page because all of your information was copied and pasted from Wikpedia (Do you have a thought of your own). Second of all, if you're going to find someone to compare, you need to come up with someone better than J Edgar Hoover....We all know how bad the Warren Commission messed up.

First of all, you forgot to post a work cited page because all of your information was copied and pasted from Wikpedia (Do you have a thought of your own). Second of all, if you're going to find someone to compare, you need to come up with someone better than J Edgar Hoover....We all know how bad the Warren Commission messed up.

Yes I do, and what difference does it make if I used J Edgar Hoover. I was using it to illustrate that current administration isn't any different than others. I like I said before Clinton got himself caught up in the File Gate mess.

Just because it's been done for years doesn't make it right. That is a fallacious argument.

Just because it's been done for years doesn't make it right. That is a fallacious argument.

I never said it was right, I just saying it's nothing new.

The CIA does all kinds of stuff we will never know about because of national security.