SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 Soccer

supersioux

The soccer program got a big commitment last week from Rachael Loomis a junior at Fargo South. This was a big recruit as her final two choices came down to NDSU and UND. Yesterday she was name Gatorade Player of the Year, the first time a non senior has won the award in past 10 years. Some people think that she is the next Randi Glass (Rich's Daughter) as she like Randi played for one of the best club teams in the country based out of MPLS.

Congrats to Women's Soccer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
It should be a great game this afternoon. Last season the Golden Bears won 1-0 in St. Paul. Let's all try to get to Bronson Field at 4pm to support the Fighitng Sioux Soccer Team.

Hopefully there will be a good turnout! Sioux Crew will be out there again if you didn't get a chance to sign up during the Expo or at the game last night!! (Hopefully we don't run out of supplies again, we really weren't expecting so many people to sign up AT the football game!)

Just got back from the game today we won 3-0. It was a very physical game and a pretty windy day which impacted play some. I think that this team show a lot of promise. Some of the younger players have matured and were very impressive. I though that #18 Mandi Bohmer (sp?) played well and scored a great goal to make it 1-0. #7 Lauren Herman was fast and seemed to have a lot of chances to score but couldn't find the back of the net. Little #11 Sarah Thaden seemed to be a crowd favorite and had a solid performance.

The crowd was great and loud and the tailgators were out in full force today. The one thing that I love about watching a game there is you feel so much a part of it because the bleachers are so close to the field.

The only negative I saw was we didn't seem to be as deep as we were a year ago.

Just got back from the game..... Student section was in full force today haha! The girls won 3-1 after coming from behind in the first half, exciting game! Pappas (sp?) is really good! I wasn't really paying all that much attention for most of the game as I was in the student section, but they are a lot of fun to watch! I hope the weather stays nice for the rest of the season so that people will keep coming out to support these talented girls!

I'm sure someone more soccer-minded who was at the game can come on here and give a little more details :angry:

Sorry for the delay when posting. I thought that the game was ok. It wasn't a great performance and when I got there we were down 1-0 but had the majority of chances when I was there. #25 Megan Tracy had what I thought was the best performance. On an additional note the tailgators and sioux crew was exceptional. They really add a lot to the environment. Those that haven't been to a soccer game, those fans are worth the trip because they are entertaining with their chats and singing.

It looks like the only home sporting event for UND this weekend is today's match vs. Jamestown. It might be a great weekend to experience Fighting Sioux Soccer. The crowds have grown over the past couple of years and for those brave souls come early and join the "hooligans" as we tailgate and get ready for the game.

It looks like the only home sporting event for UND this weekend is today's match vs. Jamestown. It might be a great weekend to experience Fighting Sioux Soccer. The crowds have grown over the past couple of years and for those brave souls come early and join the "hooligans" as we tailgate and get ready for the game.

My wife and two eldest daughters may take in the game against MSU-Moorhead on Sunday...depending on the weather.

GO SIOUX

5-1 win over Jamestown....

All five goals were scored in the first half, including two in the final minute. Good effort overall, I'm sure the goalie would like to have the goal back that she gave up. This was my first game of the year although I have attended in years past. The girls played well, good communication between the players. It almost seemed like the entire second half of the game we were simply playing keep away. The pressure on the opposing goalie was pretty good... a lot of teams I've seen in the past don't follow up shots and the goalie will drop the ball with no one there to get the rebound... I beleieve at least one of the Sioux goals came this way. Defense didn't appear to be tested much. Saw some speed from some of the girls. Often there was an open girl on the opposite side of the field, but they weren't crossing the ball as much as they could have been.

I saw in the herald this morning that former Red River GK Erin Pederson assisted on the goal. I'm going to assume that doesn't happen very often. I would think it would be even harder for a GK in soccer to register an assist than goalie in hockey. Can anyone else remember seeing or hearing of a soccer GK getting an assist?

• 2 weeks later...