SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 Women's Golf

GeauxSioux

UND women's golf wins NCAA North Region championship

WATERLOO, Iowa -- The UND women's golf team won the NCAA North Region championship today to earn a berth in the eight-team NCAA championship tournament next weekend in Pensacola, Fla.

UND, coached by Dan Frei, shot a 324 today, 15 strokes better than Truman State and 18 strokes better than Augustana, and the Sioux ended up with a 54-hole total of 971, winning the 54-hole tournament by 21 strokes over Truman and Nebraska-Omaha, which tied for second with totals of 992.

Looks like I may have to go and watch some golf next weekend. Go Sioux!!!!

1st Round - University of West Florida

Twenty-seventh ranked North Dakota is in fourth place with a 28-over 316...

After one round...

1) 297 + 09 Florida Southern

2) 306 + 18 Rollins

3) 314 + 26 Ferris State

4) 316 + 28 University of North Dakota

5) 317 + 29 Tarleton State

6) 319 + 31 Drury

7) 321 + 33 Northeastern State

8) 330 + 42 Truman State

GO SIOUX!

LIVE STATS

Sarah Lucken leads UND with a 76 + 4 and is tied for ninth overall.

How are the weather conditions down there?

I worry that hot, humid southern weather will take its toll on our northern team after a day or two. We're not used to it in May (like we are in August).

Unfortunately the weather here has heated up a lot in the last couple of days. I was out at some sites on Tuesday and commented that it felt like July in ND. There was low humidity a light northern breeze and low 80's. Today the high is 90 and humidity is going up. Still, it isn't the oppressive heat that we get here in July and August.

Go Sioux !!

As of right now, the women's golf team in sitting in 7th place out of 8 teams. But their day is done, while 2 of the teams ahead of them still have 1/2 of their rounds to go. There's a good chance our women's team will be sitting in 5th place after today.

I stopped off at Stonebrook today and talked to Coach Dan Frei. He said that the ladies are ahead of yesterday's pace. From what I saw on the monitors, they were +14 on the day after 12? holes. Yesterday's results had them in a three way tie for 5th place.

He also said it was nice to see someone in a Sioux shirt. :ohmy:

Go Sioux!!!

I ran into the Florida Southern team at the Olive Garden tonight. I asked their coach how UND looked and he said that they had a great day. :ohmy:

UND enjoys best round to date at NCAA Championships

The Fighting Sioux women's golf team shot a collective 306 - nine strokes better than yesterday's 315 - to stake sole possession of fifth place after third day of competition at the NCAA Division II Championships at the Stonebrook Golf Course.

UND had entered the day locked in a three-way tie for fifth place but came through with its best round so far during the rain-delayed third round. The Sioux have shot a 937 through three rounds and trail fourth-place Drury by 17 strokes. Today marked the first round in which all five Sioux golfers broke 80.

NCAA WOMEN'S DIVISION II GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP: UND completes historic season

PACE, Fla. - The UND women's golf team capped off its most successful season in program history by finishing sixth at the NCAA Division II Championships on Sunday.

UND shot a four-day total of 1,255, giving it a 21 shot edge over Northeastern State and a 40 shot lead over Truman State. Florida Southern won the championship with a total of 1,188 - 10 shots better than Rollins College.

Great job, Ladies.

Pace is a Pensacola suburb in the second fastest growing county in Florida, Santa Rosa. Half of the guys that I work with live there. They have a huge new planned community located there as well. Jubilee Florida

Florida rocks, I spent three weeks in West Palm Beach when I worked for TSA. There is so much to do in Florida, it has the best of all worlds.