SiouxSports.com Forum

who has a Hand Gun ?

Fetch

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it terrifys you that i have the right to protect my self??

it terrifys you that i have the right to collect guns??

It terrifys you that i like to shoot clay pigeons?

It terrifys you that i enter in target competitions??

it terrifys you that i help with hunter saftey programs?

i suggest go here

https://secure.apps.state.nd.us/gnf/onlines...online/main.htm

ah hell ill just tell ya

Grand Forks 05/01/2007 - 05/17/2007 07:00 PM - 10:00 PM Brian Burkett

505 Enroll

Grand Forks 07/23/2007 - 08/02/2007 06:30 PM - 09:00 PM Joe Solseng

429 Enroll

Grand Forks 09/10/2007 - 09/20/2007 06:30 PM - 09:30 PM Joe Solseng

430 Enroll

For those of us who only know you by reading your posts here on SiouxSports.com ... you could easily count me in as terrified also. Cracking a Keystone by 10 AM does not make me want to know you as a person with a gun.

Now, on the other hand, the comments listed above make me feel better about you.

Except...Keystone? Yuk! :D

i suggest go here

https://secure.apps.state.nd.us/gnf/onlines...online/main.htm

ah hell ill just tell ya

Grand Forks 05/01/2007 - 05/17/2007 07:00 PM - 10:00 PM Brian Burkett

505 Enroll

Grand Forks 07/23/2007 - 08/02/2007 06:30 PM - 09:00 PM Joe Solseng

429 Enroll

Grand Forks 09/10/2007 - 09/20/2007 06:30 PM - 09:30 PM Joe Solseng

430 Enroll

Thanks for the info, I'll check into getting her registered. Always need more brush beaters in the field.

It terrifies me that someone who posts that he's drinking alcohol almost 24/7 has two hand guns!!

I would love to own a hand gun for target shooting but the wife being the nurse she is over carefull.

This is how silly this is I was buying a shotgun and the guy at scheels wanted to know if I wanted to hold the glock 17 I was

looking at and my wife popped up you not getting one. The shotgun was twice as much as the glock. Some people hate them.

If I lived in a big city I am pretty sure I would own one. Being ND not needed. Being a member of the NRA I support anyone's right to own one as long as your not a felon.

Getting back to Fetch's reason for starting the post, Florida has a law that is very much pro-homeowner.

Florida's New "Stand Your Ground" Law: Why It's More Extreme than Other States' Self-Defense Measures, And How It Got that Way

At present, I do not have a gun. I do see a time in the future where law abiding citizens will not be able to obtain a gun. I am seriously contemplating getting one now, because I may not be able to get it later. I'm open to suggestions on what to buy from those in the know.

Couple things.

Most gun crimes are committed by people who obtained the weapons illegally. Gun control does little to stop these kinds of crimes.

Secondly, if anyone is considering buying a hand gun, take a safety class so that you know how to properly use that gun. Keep that gun stored in a locked gun cabinet of some sort. Buy a gun lock, and keep it on the weapon. Keep the ammunition stored in a different place than the weapon. And most importantly, teach your children that it is not a toy and not something that should be taken out of the cabinet and showed to friends.

If you are planning to buy a weapon in response to what has happened recently, be responsible with it.

EDITED TO ADD: Gun locks can most likely be obtained for free from any law enforcement agency......if you want one, call and ask if they have them.

The safest gun is a revolver - single action - I'd get one big enough to do the job - But bigger is more expensive to shoot (& they are hard on your ears if not wearing hearing protection - advised for all practice shooting) - single action means you have to pull the hammer back to shoot - double action you can just keep pulling the trigger - Guns Like Glocks are smaller & lighter & semi- auto - they fire as fast as you can pull the trigger - a lot depends on if you plan to carry it concealed

A 22 is good for target shooting & small varmints but not big enough to stop a criminal

Any good gun store will advise you

Hey Goon if I really needed it - I'd prefer the shotgun over a pistol any day the shorter Mossberg's or Remington pumps (police style) are inexpensive & better odds of hitting the target

Couple things.

Most gun crimes are committed by people who obtained the weapons illegally. Gun control does little to stop these kinds of crimes.

Secondly, if anyone is considering buying a hand gun, take a safety class so that you know how to properly use that gun. Keep that gun stored in a locked gun cabinet of some sort. Buy a gun lock, and keep it on the weapon. Keep the ammunition stored in a different place than the weapon. And most importantly, teach your children that it is not a toy and not something that should be taken out of the cabinet and showed to friends.

If you are planning to buy a weapon in response to what has happened recently, be responsible with it.

EDITED TO ADD: Gun locks can most likely be obtained for free from any law enforcement agency......if you want one, call and ask if they have them.

My possible gun purchase is more of a culmination of what has happened in the past 10 years than the past week, but I do see the possibility of people using the events of Virginia Tech to clamp down on gun rights. I agree with you wholeheartedly on being responsible with how a gun is handled and stored and I would most certainly take a safety class on operating the weapon.

My possible gun purchase is more of a culmination of what has happened in the past 10 years than the past week, but I do see the possibility of people using the events of Virginia Tech to clamp down on gun rights. I agree with you wholeheartedly on being responsible with how a gun is handled and stored and I would most certainly take a safety class on operating the weapon.

I don't think any gun control measures are going to come from the VT shooting. The kid bought the gun legally, and then broke laws that were already on the books.

That being said, I don't understand why guns aren't registered just like cars. The paranoid excuse that the big bad government is going to come and take them away is a ridiculous argument.

Hockey Mom I agree to a point about safety & kids - But If you need it, I doubt you will have time to open the safe & take off the gun lock & find the ammo & load - sorry!

I had three kids & only one hunted & we always had guns around the house - But they knew the rules & that I was not joking in the least about them - one of the good things about concealed carry means you can have a loaded gun in your night stand under the seat of your car or in the glove box or on you ready to use & YES this takes a lot of training & Rules, to be responsible enough & competent enough to do it

But like all the Bad things that happen - I do not depend on, or think the police can or will be there, in time, to protect us

It's just a fact - I know Law Enforcement cringe at the thought of most carrying guns - but obviously the world has changed & I believe it's time for criminals to think twice about them always having the upper hand, or the fact there are so many guns that the crazy's or criminals will always have them or be able to get them

There are a lot of places that we cannot carry in ND - I'd rather see folks be certified & checked & be able to have enough good people that are ready & prepared to do the right thing, in a bad situation & as sad as it is ND has it's share of criminals & crazy's

wxman91 they did in Australia http://www.gunsandcrime.org/aussiegc.html

I'm not a hardcore NRA guy - they are as radical as the gun control people - but they have to be, to counter the gun control people & what we end up with is middle of the road legislation - Do Agree with the NRA on a lot / most of their work http://www.nraila.org/ArmedCitizen/Default.aspx

http://www.nrapublications.org/armed%20citizen/Index.asp