SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher Alibi's

Siouxfan2

welcome to the forum siouxfan2... just as a heads up, the people here get mad when you don't talk about what they want you to, yet they still continue to read your thread and bitch about how they don't wanna read the thread. Get used to it, it's just how it is. Welcome!

welcome to the forum siouxfan2... just as a heads up, the people here get mad when you don't talk about what they want you to, yet they still continue to read your thread and bitch about how they don't wanna read the thread. Get used to it, it's just how it is. Welcome!

This is so true :D

It would help if people would read the threads or use the search function so that they don't create a new thread based on something that's already been posted.

welcome siouxfan2...for sure not being a jerk with my first post n this thread...jut so many NEW threads on them and so forth....this would be great in the game thread page as it pertains to it totally. but im sure maybe you didnt even see that. oh well. and im well aware of the gophs bein a huge rival...thx for the info though;)..just seems like when something happens with the or a player it pops up as a new thread...whatever..cant wait for the lou..skate4eight sioux......

It's a first timer, give him/her a break... and maybe welcome them?

I did give him/her a break. I explained why some people didn't like the start of another anti-Gopher thread and what could be done to avoid that in the future.

Why would we be obsessed with the fourth most successful program in our conference as far as national championships are concerned? :D

Obviously that is in jest, they are a great program and have a winning record vs almost everyone (including us). But we have the best winning percentage in NCAA post season history!!!! AND we're still playing hockey!!!!!!

I am waiting to hear about EJ turning pro.

As for biggest rivals, it depends on who you ask, and what era you refer to. Same with us, I bet if you asked a lot of Sioux alumni who were in school between 80-84, they would vote Wisconsin number one rival. Mn and NoDak have been the most consistent front runners in the WCHA over the past 15-20 years, obviously Denver had a good run and CC had a good run, but consistently, you know the Sioux Gopher games are going to matter at the end of the year!

As for biggest rivals, it depends on who you ask, and what era you refer to. Same with us, I bet if you asked a lot of Sioux alumni who were in school between 80-84, they would vote Wisconsin number one rival. Mn and NoDak have been the most consistent front runners in the WCHA over the past 15-20 years, obviously Denver had a good run and CC had a good run, but consistently, you know the Sioux Gopher games are going to matter at the end of the year!

Hmnn...I'd say 10 years, but go back to the time frame from about 1988-1996 and you'll find the Sioux weren't nearly on par with the Gophers record-wise.

The problem with all the gopher threads is this: it gives the gopher fans ammo on their message boards to say "See, here's proof the sioux fans are obsessed with the gophers."

The truly pathetic obssession is getting your eggs in a knot over what is posted about your team on another teams site. More importantly, what kind of a no life waif (Troll) joins another teams site just to trash talk them. This Sioux are my team and I have no interest whatsoever regarding what other team chats have to say about them. However, as long as trolls continue to make a appearance on this site I will continue to make posts that are for their benefit and reading pleasure. :D

If they run back to their site to cry and complain about what I post, even better :D

Your right about the "lean" years at the end of the Gino era. I like to forget about those years from 91-96.

From 86/87 to present:

MN: 17 NCAA appearances, 8 Frozen Fours, 3 trips to the big game and 2 titles

ND: 11 NCAA appearances, 7 Frozen Fours, 5 trips to the big game and 3 titles

Obviously I cherry picked to 86/87...go 87/88 it knocks us down one on all of those.