SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX - EAGLES - BLACKBEARS - SPARTANS, Frozen 4 thoughts, prediction

AZSIOUX

No he shouldn't. He got a game misconduct, not a game disqualification. The disqualification carries the suspension.

The speed of BC is what concerns me. The Sioux struggled with it last year, and they struggled with it against Michigan. They cannot afford to come out slow and then pick it up later. More than anything else, it will be the speed of BC that the Sioux will need to contend with. The other key is how much room the DOT line will have to maneuver in front of the BC goal. If they have the room, I don't care who is in net.

I was thinking some more about this, and I think our defense is far more mobile this year than last. If you recall Smaby got torched by Gerbe last year. We now have Genoway and Bina instead of Radke and Smaby. I think we lose some power and size, but we gain some speed. This might help in this particular match up.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he shouldn't. He got a game misconduct, not a game disqualification. The disqualification carries the suspension.

The speed of BC is what concerns me. The Sioux struggled with it last year, and they struggled with it against Michigan. They cannot afford to come out slow and then pick it up later. More than anything else, it will be the speed of BC that the Sioux will need to contend with. The other key is how much room the DOT line will have to maneuver in front of the BC goal. If they have the room, I don't care who is in net.

BC is a speedier team, however they don't play the run and gun style that teams like Michigan play. They'll play a more balanced and thought out offense which, I think, help us. However, if you do play the run and gun, you're more apt for turnovers and penalties which is why the Sioux ended up scoring 8 goals against the Michigan team.

I think it's going to be any combination of the teams scoring between 3-4 goals a piece. I won't be surprised if it's an OT game, which wouldn't bother me at all!

Who else is just too f'in excited to wait!?!?!?!?!

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One more week til the SKATE FOR EIGHT begins!

HEY BIG A HG I LIKE YOUR POST LET'S GO FOR 8 IN 2007 IF I GOTTEN THAT WRONG PLEASE FORGIVE ME I'M OVER 50. FROM THE GATORNATION, GO SIOUX CHOMP ON B.C. & WHILE I'M AT IT I'LL BE IN ALTANTA FOR THE FINAL FOUR GO GATORS CHOMP ON UCLA. CHOMP CHOMP.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Oddly enough, I wonder if the Sioux are feeling that they need to uphold the honor of the WCHA this year?

What do you folks think?

HEYDUKE THAT'S A GOOD QUESTION BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL. TO BE HONEST WITH YOU I THINK THIS TEAM CAN DO IT. SO GO SIOUX FROM THE GATORNATION. BY THE WAY GO GATORS CHOMP ON UCLA.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Oddly enough, I wonder if the Sioux are feeling that they need to uphold the honor of the WCHA this year?

What do you folks think?

I think the team is more focused on upholding the tradition that is

FIGHTING SIOUX HOCKEY!!!

The honor of the WCHA, yeah, ok.

The 1999 FF was the last that didn't have the extra week.

Welcome aboard U Maine fan. Had some good times with you guys at the Have a Nice Day Cafe last year in Milwaukee. I'm a fan of Maine hockey second behind the Fighting Sioux of course. Good luck in the Four...hope to see you in the Final. Cheers....

Welcome aboard U Maine fan. Had some good times with you guys at the Have a Nice Day Cafe last year in Milwaukee. I'm a fan of Maine hockey second behind the Fighting Sioux of course. Good luck in the Four...hope to see you in the Final. Cheers....

Thanks. You folks have a cool site here. I used to visit just to use Jim Dahl's stat-geek tools, but I've started looking at the message board to get a view from the west.

Lots of respect for the Sioux, from one hockey school to another, for the Walsh sweater benefit auction (of course), and for good times almost every April over the past several years.

BC was probably over-hyped by ESPNU last weekend. But not by that much. They'll be a tough out. Good luck on Thursday.

My brother and I also meet a couple of guys from Maine at the Have a Nice Day Cafe. What a great bar. I will be cheering for Maine also, untill they meet the Sioux. Go Sioux!

My brother and I also meet a couple of guys from Maine at the Have a Nice Day Cafe. What a great bar. I will be cheering for Maine also, untill they meet the Sioux. Go Sioux!

I met a very nice Maine fans in Columbus. They were very complimentary when speaking about our Fighting Sioux hockey program. I too will cheer for the Black Bears UNTIL they play the Sioux!!! ???

Ok, I'm going to watch Chris's game winning goal again!

I met a very nice Maine fans in Columbus. They were very complimentary when speaking about our Fighting Sioux hockey program. I too will cheer for the Black Bears UNTIL they play the Sioux!!! ???

Ok, I'm going to watch Chris's game winning goal again!

The Maine fans are great. We went to Orono in October of '04 for the Sioux-Black Bear series and had an absolute blast!! They were very impressed and complementary on how well we all traveled. Look forward to going back.

Elimination is official in loss to Penguins

Bochenski, the lone ex-North Dakota player, is outnumbered by the Boston College contingent (Kobasew, Bobby Allen, and Andrew Alberts) in the Boston dressing room. But that's not making him worry about Thursday's Frozen Four semifinal that pits his Fighting Sioux against the Eagles in St. Louis. Bochenski is wagering $300 against the $100 offered by each of the BC boys on the outcome of the game.

I like the subhead over the first Bochenski item:

Money talks

Recently, Brandon Bochenski has grasped one of the countless reasons an NHL paycheck is more desirable than an AHL salary.

Bochenski has been preparing for his wedding, which will take place this offseason.

"Lots of checks," Bochenski said with a smile.

Yes, Money still likes to talk. And I'm sure the Boston sportswriters love him. ???

News from the Barry Melrose department:

He picked BC to win it all this morning on ESPN. And the other talking head referred to the Fighting Sioux as "Dane Jackson's..."

How nice would it be to know absolutely nothing and make great money proving so...

He picked BC to win it all this morning on ESPN. And the other talking head referred to the Fighting Sioux as "Dane Jackson's..."

How nice would it be to know absolutely nothing and make great money proving so...

This is probably why they made the comment re: Dane Jackson

http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=178955

Well, he just got bumped off of my favorite list. ???