SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX - EAGLES - BLACKBEARS - SPARTANS, Frozen 4 thoughts, prediction

AZSIOUX

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their whole team scares me! Lots of speed and scoring depth with solid goaltending.

You know something there Sioux-per Villain, I happen to agree with you on this one. Why? If i'm not mistaken B.C. seems to have UND'S number the last couple of times in the frozen four remember 2001 & then again last year. My advice to everyone on this board is don't count your chickens before their hatch. Anyway, i'm going to Altanta for the final four. HEY MY GATOR ARE IN IT. SO IN CLOSING GO GATORS CHOMP ON UCLA. FROM THE GATORNATION I'M OUT.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

BC is a good team, they are quick and they are playing well, but they can be beat. Gerbe is good but he can score goals; but end up in the penality box just as quick. Rooney and Bradford are good players - ones to keep an eye on. The team turned it around when Boyle switched to defense and it made all the difference for Schneider and now he is playing on top of his game. Their last lost was to BU in the Beanpot and BC dominated the play for the whole game. Curry kept them in it and BU won in OT. Bottom line - Phil needs to play great because BC will be at him all night. BC has not played a tight game since Feb. But BC can be beat.

Go SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work alongside a bunch of BC fans (yes, here in Minneapolis, land of 10,000 excuses).

Anybody got any good repertoire?

A real knowledgeable and devoted fan base. Not. Frontrunners only.

Seems to me that a couple of years back, the Sioux went out to BC's home town, or nearly so,

and took games from BC and BU to go to Columbus.

Despite both BC and BU being in the tournament, the little arena was not nearly full.

BC fans, at least many of them, won't even drive across town to support their team.

Your buddies are like alot of fans. Talking the talk, but rarely, if ever, walking the walk.

We got top tier performances from Porter and Oshie last weekend. Do your job and do it well performances out of The Dutchman and Watkins. Duncan, steaedy as usual. Toews, money on the faceoffs, but didn't have his best weekend as far as offensive output (althogh his set up to Bina was perfect). We get him going again, and we are a juggernaut. Out skill them and beat them up. That's Sioux hockey.

At this time of year, we need everyone to have their best games every game, no matter what the job.

BC weakness: Brian Boyle is a stud, but transitioning to playing defense as a defenseman when you've been a forward is not easy. He can stack up with the hard working SIoux big men like Fabian, Kaip, Porter, Watkins and the Dutchman, but I think that Oshie or Toews could really burn him on a rush or with any space down low. DOT can burn defensive defensemen who have played the position their entire lives, i think that the Sioux should try and explout that.

SOLID D from the last d pairings like last weekend. Zach Jones needs to keep just working his tail off every shift. Big Joe is starting to come around ala Smaby. Chorney is the best D man we've had in years. Bina is playing well. Lee, well, i don't call for his head, but he needs to play the body. I bet at year end we find out he's been playing hurt, and all the Lee hating rubes wil feel stupid. These guys will dictate whether or not we win #8

PL: Please stay in the net...you almost gave me a heart attack last weekend.

Subcomment:

Due to fear of the DOT line exploiting Boyle (and others) on D, and the lack of offense out of the BC D-men, will the Eagles simply not involve the D in the offense except in powerplays?

I want to see Toews and Duncan on an odd-man against Boyle!

Maine owes North Dakota for its Frozen Four trip. :D

Given a 2nd chance, UM persevered

It took a stroke of good fortune for them to even make the NCAA Tournament. They owe a debt of gratitude to fellow Frozen Four participant North Dakota and a host of other teams that eliminated underdogs who could have taken an NCAA tourney spot away from the Bears.

The late Shawn Walsh, who transformed the program from a bottom-feeder to a perennial national championship contender, always challenged his players by scheduling difficult non-conference road games.

Maine was the first Hockey East school to visit Lake Superior State (1991) in between the Lakers

Depth, Depth, Depth...

Depth will be the key to the game with BC; when every single player wearing the Sioux jersey plays to the best of their ability, destiny cannot be denied.

Lammy's glove and stick side quickness will be to our advantage when the shots are high bullets from beyond the dots. He will continue to be an excellent puck-stopper behind the net but will be getting "back to the office" in short order from here on out. Should the opposition try to physically take him out of his game, they better think twice; he's a tough character and gets better with adversity; and we have the best backup goalie in the frozen four.

Just as Porter and company made a difference last weekend, all lines will have to continue to crank it up to beat BC. The closer we get to the NC, the more critical the play of each and every player! The knowledege that all of your teammates are also "giving it up for the cause" is a great motivating and confidence-building factor.

BC is not as deep, so the more our lines wear out their top players, the more likely we take advantage.

Our defensive players will need to continue to avoid unnecessary penalties.

Lastly, because refs will be calling it similar to last weekend, we need to avoid the flagrant stuff that could have buried us last Sunday.

With two-way team play, every shift, every play, our Sioux will skate on Saturday!

Go Sioux Go! Fight Sioux Fight! Win Sioux Win!

Radke has to sit out vs BC right? Who will take his spot? Foyt?

No he shouldn't. He got a game misconduct, not a game disqualification. The disqualification carries the suspension.

The speed of BC is what concerns me. The Sioux struggled with it last year, and they struggled with it against Michigan. They cannot afford to come out slow and then pick it up later. More than anything else, it will be the speed of BC that the Sioux will need to contend with. The other key is how much room the DOT line will have to maneuver in front of the BC goal. If they have the room, I don't care who is in net.