SiouxSports.com Forum

"Sioux" a no-no in Bemidji

franchise

I was listening to the college station trying to recap the tourney and they couldn't decide whether it was better to cheer for MN because we live here or if UND was the choice because they are almost in MN and where green like BSU. :silly:

Anyway, they said the game was between the Minnesota Golden Gophers and the North Dakota Fighting (clears throat)

They later said, "Fighting word that's not approperiate"

If it was KBSU they aren't much of a station, they barely make it out of town as far as their signal goes.

Because the hockey show is on Fridays and since BSU's season is over I doubt Scott and Moose would do that.

If they did I will be having a word with them. If its a BSU station its no secret that the Minnesota Univeristy System is full of leftists and

P.C. Nazi, just like SCSU.

If it was KBSU they aren't much of a station, they barely make it out of town as far as their signal goes.

Because the hockey show is on Fridays and since BSU's season is over I doubt Scott and Moose would do that.

If they did I will be having a word with them. If its a BSU station its no secret that the Minnesota Univeristy System is full of leftists and

P.C. Nazi, just like SCSU.

No, it was some dorks on there. I think the show is like The Afternoon Snack or something.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... don't blame this PC garbage on leftists. I'm a leftist but I'm not PC. Those two labels are not one in the same. Although it's fair to say most PC zealots are leftist, that doesn't mean most leftists are PC. I guess the best analogy I can come up with is just because most basketball players are tall doesn't mean most tall people play basketball. It simply is not right to lump leftists in with PC zealots. I personally find that stereotype offensive to me, because I dislike PC zealots just as much as I dislike right-wing political propaganda.

Amen, the free speech ACLU is not a right wing organization... :silly:

I've said it before and I'll say it again... don't blame this PC garbage on leftists. I'm a leftist but I'm not PC. Those two labels are not one in the same. Although it's fair to say most PC zealots are leftist, that doesn't mean most leftists are PC. I guess the best analogy I can come up with is just because most basketball players are tall doesn't mean most tall people play basketball. It simply is not right to lump leftists in with PC zealots. I personally find that stereotype offensive to me, because I dislike PC zealots just as much as I dislike right-wing political propaganda.

Besides he's getting left mixed up with right. Right :silly:

Amen, the free speech ACLU is not a right wing organization... :glare:

And they're also not standing up for UND. Too busy supporting NAMBLA I guess. :silly:

But I agree in the sense that we don't want to make the Sioux name a political issue because we need as much help as we can get from all reasonable people. No sense in alienating one side or the other.