SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 WCHA Final 5 thoughts & predictions

AZSIOUX

#1 minnesota.gif#2 stc.gif#3 nodak.gif#6 mtu.gif#7 uw.gif

BRING IT ON........Best college hockey tourney out there!

GO SIOUX

THURSDAY PLAY IN GAME - MICHIGAN TECH vs WISCONSIN

FRIDAY AFTERNOON GAME - SIOUX vs ST. CLOUD

FRIDAY NIGHT GAME - GOPHERS vs MICHIGAN TECH / WISCONSIN

I want SIOUX vs GOPHERS in the FINAL but i will predict SIOUX vs BADGERS being realistic on how teams are playing. BADGERS over TECH in play in game very low scoring. SIOUX beat SCSU in a uptempo high scoring game. BADGERS nip GOPHERS in a 1 goal game due to Brian Elliot. ST. CLOUD over GOPHERS in 3rd place game (enough said <ahttp://forum.siouxsports.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png' alt=':D'> ) and SIOUX with a overtime win over BADGERS to capture 2nd WCHA TOURNEY TITLE........

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think the Badgers and Gophers will face each other Friday night. I think that should make for an interesting arena atmosphere. Tickets are going to be really hard to come by this year.

Then UND with a victory over SCSU and we'll have a rematch of last year with UW and UND in the Championship game.

Go SIOUX!!!

Yeah I think the Badgers and Gophers will face each other Friday night. I think that should make for an interesting arena atmosphere. Tickets are going to be really hard to come by this year.

Then UND with a victory over SCSU and we'll have a rematch of last year with UW and UND in the Championship game.

Go SIOUX!!!

The Sioux beat St. Cloud in last year's championship game.

As long as we keep playing teams from Minnesota, I like our chances.

On the season: 12-0-4. If they are the State of Hockey, what does that make us?

(Well I actually like our chances against teams not from Minnesota too.)

The rightful owners of this:

dqcuptrophyxu6.jpg

man, i think the WCHA will only get 3 teams in the tourney with sioux, gophers and st cloud. du and cc i think are done and obviously uw and tech need to win the final 5 to get in, well maybe tech can sneak in but it would take a lot i think...we had 5 as a lock just a few weeks ago, crazy what a few weeks can do.

Somebody comes in with a chance to prove he's the best....

(from USCHO Statistics, goalies nationally ranked by GAA):

Rk Name GP W-L-T MIN GA SV SV% GAA

4 Michael-Lee Teslak, So, MTU 20 10-7-3 1138:33 38 414 .916 2.00

6 Kellen Briggs, Sr, UMN 24 15-7-2 1398:39 49 543 .917 2.10

7 Brian Elliott, Sr, UW 33 14-16-2 1933:29 68 818 .923 2.11

8 Bobby Goepfert, Sr, SCSU 31 16-7-7 1853:51 66 862 .929 2.14

20 Philippe Lamoureux, Jr, UND 32 18-10-4 1872:18 72 761 .914 2.31

Somebody comes in with a chance to prove he's the best....

(from USCHO Statistics, goalies nationally ranked by GAA):

Rk Name GP W-L-T MIN GA SV SV% GAA

4 Michael-Lee Teslak, So, MTU 20 10-7-3 1138:33 38 414 .916 2.00

6 Kellen Briggs, Sr, UMN 24 15-7-2 1398:39 49 543 .917 2.10

20 Philippe Lamoureux, Jr, UND 32 18-10-4 1872:18 72 761 .914 2.31

Thes four goalies above in my opinion are about on the same level. In fact Briggs has inflated stats from the cream puffs the Gophers played in the first half of the season

7 Brian Elliott, Sr, UW 33 14-16-2 1933:29 68 818 .923 2.11

8 Bobby Goepfert, Sr, SCSU 31 16-7-7 1853:51 66 862 .929 2.14

Goepfer and Elliot are in a league of their own, in my opinion.

Thes four goalies above in my opinion are about on the same level. In fact Briggs has inflated stats from the cream puffs the Gophers played in the first half of the season

Goepfer and Elliot are in a league of their own, in my opinion.

after seeing both scsu games this weekend, i will say this...goepfert=HUGE rebounds lately.

if he plays anything like he did this weekend, all the Sioux need to do is have one guy trailing about 15 feet behind just waiting for a puck. it was sick how many times that puck came out between the circles and no bulldogs were there. he definitely looked off his game all weekend. UMD shoulda had that third game also, but the puck decided to slide through goepferts legs on a very lame shot and hit the post. he did however make some big saves throughout the series.

im going to say for the UND/scsu game if the teams play as they did this weekend, its going to be UND 5-2

The Sioux are with out a doubt the best rested team come next weekend. Played only two games, and did not have to travel.

Keep in mind that they WILL have to travel to St. Paul though, whereas the Goofs and the Clowns don't have much of a bus ride....including the fans.

In my opinion, I don't think a loss is necessarily a bad thing this upcoming weekend, but I'm not going to hope they don't either.

Keep in mind that they WILL have to travel to St. Paul though, whereas the Goofs and the Clowns don't have much of a bus ride....including the fans.

In my opinion, I don't think a loss is necessarily a bad thing this upcoming weekend, but I'm not going to hope they don't either.

Maybe we can arrange a few well-timed traffic jams and have them sit on the bus for 11 hours. Someone should talk with Jet Blue about how to do that. :D

The Sioux are with out a doubt the best rested team come next weekend. Played only two games, and did not have to travel.

They are the only team to play just two games without the travel. Plus SCSU has played the equivalent of four games and took some big hits from UMD over the weekend. Is Borer injured from last nights hit?

old school hockey just told me ...............

Dubay is trying to put the kiss of death on our boys :lol: ........... he just predicted the Sioux to win the F5 and F4

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..................................... :D

after seeing both scsu games this weekend, i will say this...goepfert=HUGE rebounds lately.

if he plays anything like he did this weekend, all the Sioux need to do is have one guy trailing about 15 feet behind just waiting for a puck. it was sick how many times that puck came out between the circles and no bulldogs were there. he definitely looked off his game all weekend. UMD shoulda had that third game also, but the puck decided to slide through goepferts legs on a very lame shot and hit the post. he did however make some big saves throughout the series.

im going to say for the UND/scsu game if the teams play as they did this weekend, its going to be UND 5-2

He stopped 67 of 69 shots he faced last night. He gave up 7 goals in almost four games this weekend. I don't know if I'd say he's off his game.