SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

Nick Krebsbach was one of the top forwards on the Red River team from the time that he enrolled. I do not have his stats handy but his points were not too far from the totals of Irmen and Potulny. If I remember correctly, the year that all three were sophomores Nick was about 10-15 points behind the totals of Ryan and Danny. Nick had 70 points in 108 games with the Bismarck Bobcats after graduating from Red River. He did play for a year or two at D-1 Wayne State and then returned to North Dakota to complete college.

Krebsbach's career.

http://www.achahockey.org/news2.php?news_id=30992&lang=

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think he sent them an email asking if he could show up.

how can you send an email asking them to their tryout? he was asked to their tryout back when Red River played Warrod durring the regular season........other North Dakota players that attended were Zach Miller (GRP) and Tony Turgeon (Wisconsin Mustangs)

• 3 months later...

Remember when High School Hockey meant something? Ever since the USHL started to cherry pick the best players out of North Dakota HS Hockey, the talent has become watered down.

I believe there should be an age limit that only allows HS seniors to leave for the USHL if they so choose. Leaving HS when you are a sophomore to play in the USHL is ridiculous. They are still kids!

Remember when High School Hockey meant something? Ever since the USHL started to cherry pick the best players out of North Dakota HS Hockey, the talent has become watered down.

I believe there should be an age limit that only allows HS seniors to leave for the USHL if they so choose. Leaving HS when you are a sophomore to play in the USHL is ridiculous. They are still kids!

Yeah, but obviously kids who are talented enough to play USHL hockey... which must mean something. I mean, if you were a really talented sophomore at a high school whose team wasn't very good, you'd probably go to juniors too...

Yeah, but obviously kids who are talented enough to play USHL hockey... which must mean something. I mean, if you were a really talented sophomore at a high school whose team wasn't very good, you'd probably go to juniors too...

Even if they put a rule like that in place, the kids could still go play juniors in Canadia. Or are the Canadians trying to keep all the dirty americans on the other side of the border?

Who would be playing high school hockey this year thats playing in the USHL? No one.

Not sure where you were going with that?

The only question that arises from this topic is who has a chance to beat Red River? I see them going undefeated and having 2 finalists for Mr. Hockey. I don't think anyone in North Dakota will play a close game with them.

are you serious with that statement....when is the last time a team has gone undefeated....i would bet anything on Grafton or South to beat RR this year

are you serious with that statement....when is the last time a team has gone undefeated....i would bet anything on Grafton or South to beat RR this year

I'd agree it's very very unlikely that RR will have an undefeated year. It's very hard to accomplish, and although RR is the favorite, and this IS a GF board, there is a lot of competition in the top teams this year, as it has been for a while now.

Edit: And very original name NDStateHockey. :love:

The only question that arises from this topic is who has a chance to beat Red River? I see them going undefeated and having 2 finalists for Mr. Hockey. I don't think anyone in North Dakota will play a close game with them.

Yea I think that Red River will beat Roseau, South 4 times and Grafton 4 times. O wait, No I don't.

Grafton wont even come close to competing with RR. With their goaltending this year they dont have a chance. Granted RR probably wont go undefeated with FS and Roseau on their schedule. But i dont see Grafton posing a threat to them unless they get some better players between the pipes.

However, doesn't Fargo South also have a new goalie this year? Then again, with the way Sean Diechert ended up playing at the end of last year I don't think they'll suffer for it. I wouldn't count Grafton out, but I do doubt that RR will come very close to an undefeated season. Does RR have any other good teams on their schedule? Couldn't find a link to their 07-08 schedule.

Sorry this post was so stupid that I had to post it again.

Who would be playing high school hockey this year thats playing in the USHL? No one.

Not sure where you were going with that?