SiouxSports.com Forum

All State Players

HockeyGuy1770

I don't know the whole list because after they said some kids name from bismark seabruck or somthing like that and Bombenger I was rolling around on the ground laughing to hard to hear anything.

We could really care less about your opinion 'Lives-to-play-hockey-06'. If I wanted you to bash players who worked hard and earned their spot on the list I would have named this topic "worthless crap that comes out of 'Lives-to-play-hockey-06's mouth."

I don't know the whole list because after they said some kids name from bismark seabruck or somthing like that and Bombenger I was rolling around on the ground laughing to hard to hear anything.

Seeburg and Bombenger both led their teams in scoring and had very productive years. Apparently enough coaches around the state acknowledged that and gave them the recognition they deserved.

Both Seeburg and Bombenger were tied for the lead, Bombenger and Klein finished with 36 points while Seeburg was tied with 2 other teammates at 29. I can't say that I have ever heard of Seeburg before so that was a little surprising. Just wondering, but what kind of numbers did Seeburg put up last year? I also believe that Arnason definately should have been amongst the group.

Both Seeburg and Bombenger were tied for the lead, Bombenger and Klein finished with 36 points while Seeburg was tied with 2 other teammates at 29. I can't say that I have ever heard of Seeburg before so that was a little surprising. Just wondering, but what kind of numbers did Seeburg put up last year? I also believe that Arnason definately should have been amongst the group.

Arnason definately should have been amongst the group you're right. How did the coaches screw that one up?

Pat Arnason did NOT make the All-State team...done laughing?...done yet?...ok here we go. Best GAA, save % and W/L and doesn't make it. They should just stop the voting.

I cannot figure out how he didn't make it especially after his performance in the championship game. In my opinion, he is the best goalie in the state. I know he had a good team in front of him, but he came up big when he needed to all year.

Arnason definately should have been amongst the group you're right. How did the coaches screw that one up?

Unless something has changed, it is because the coaches do NOT pick the All-State team. That was the case as recent as last year. Rather, the media chooses the All-State team. If that is still the case, that would help explain some of the omissions. That is why I have always felt that being recognized to All-EDC (or All-WDC) is a bigger honor because it is an based upon the coaches' who actually saw that person. It is more a recognition of peers than media people who may not have seen most of the kids and may know nothing about the sport.

No offense to Herbel from Bottineau, but I suspect that the reason he won the award is because the vote was split. I suspect that most of the western media picked Herbel, while the East split the vote between Wurden and Miller (and possibly Everson). That is not taking anything away from Herbel--he is obviously a talented kid and deserving of recognition, but Wurden and Miller are outstanding and it is difficult to choose between the two of them.

Unless something has changed, it is because the coaches do NOT pick the All-State team. That was the case as recent as last year. Rather, the media chooses the All-State team. If that is still the case, that would help explain some of the omissions. That is why I have always felt that being recognized to All-EDC (or All-WDC) is a bigger honor because it is an based upon the coaches' who actually saw that person. It is more a recognition of peers than media people who may not have seen most of the kids and may know nothing about the sport.

No offense to Herbel from Bottineau, but I suspect that the reason he won the award is because the vote was split. I suspect that most of the western media picked Herbel, while the East split the vote between Wurden and Miller (and possibly Everson). That is not taking anything away from Herbel--he is obviously a talented kid and deserving of recognition, but Wurden and Miller are outstanding and it is difficult to choose between the two of them.

I reviewed the article and I was wrong. The coaches do pick the All-State team and the outstanding player. I believe that is a change from past years. I am equally surprised that Pat Arneson did not make it. A lot of credit must have been given to Galbreath and Ladoucer.

I agree. When you have two players from one region the selection methodology is a problem because of the potential for split votes diluting the distribution in the region that has more than one nominee.

We could really care less about your opinion 'Lives-to-play-hockey-06'. If I wanted you to bash players who worked hard and earned their spot on the list I would have named this topic "worthless crap that comes out of 'Lives-to-play-hockey-06's mouth."

WHO MADE THE ALL STATE TEAM?!

Well everyone is so filled with information on who they don't think should have made the all state team, but does anyone know who has worked hard and made the all state team?!

And Lives to play hockey you should just delete yourself from siouxsports because nothing you say is intelligent!

WHO MADE THE ALL STATE TEAM?!

Well everyone is so filled with information on who they don't think should have made the all state team, but does anyone know who has worked hard and made the all state team?!

And Lives to play hockey you should just delete yourself from siouxsports because nothing you say is intelligent!

Calm down Herbel.

2007 all state team

Forwards:

Zach Miller - GPR

Kyle Everson - Devils Lake Cando

Andrew Vigen - GFRR

Defense:

Danny Wurden - Fargo South

Ryan LaDoucer - GFRR

Goalie:

Danny Groves - Devils Lake Cando

MVP:

Eric Meland - GFRR

Coach of the Year:

Jay Haugland - GPR

Senior Athlete of the Year:

Eric Herbel - Bottineau

Spirit Award:

Devils Lake Cando

2007 all state team

Forwards:

Zach Miller - GPR

Kyle Everson - Devils Lake Cando

Andrew Vigen - GFRR

Defense:

Danny Wurden - Fargo South

Ryan LaDoucer - GFRR

Goalie:

Danny Groves - Devils Lake Cando

MVP:

Eric Meland - GFRR

Coach of the Year:

Jay Haugland - GPR

Senior Athlete of the Year:

Eric Herbel - Bottineau

Spirit Award:

Devils Lake Cando

I think that is the all tournament team. The all-state team was posted in the Fargo Forum. If I recall correctly, it included: Sean Deichert and Dan Wurden from Fargo South; Tanner Bombenger from Fargo North; Tyler Swanson from West Fargo; Jarret Galbreath, Ryan LaDoucer and Eric Meland from GFRR; Zach Miller from Grafton-PR; Kyle Everson from Devils Lake; Eric Herbel from Bottineau; Andrew Seeburg from Bismarck; Hendrickson and Nathan Stremmick from Minot; Zach Welding from Jamestown; Colby Rehak from Williston.

There was also a goaltender from Dickinson. I can't recall if Michael Hillman from Bismarck made it, but I thought so. I apologize if I missed anyone. This is from memory.

I think that is the all tournament team. The all-state team was posted in the Fargo Forum. If I recall correctly, it included: Sean Deichert and Dan Wurden from Fargo South; Tanner Bombenger from Fargo North; Tyler Swanson from West Fargo; Jarret Galbreath, Ryan LaDoucer and Eric Meland from GFRR; Zach Miller from Grafton-PR; Kyle Everson from Devils Lake; Eric Herbel from Bottineau; Andrew Seeburg from Bismarck; Hendrickson and Nathan Stremmick from Minot; Zach Welding from Jamestown; Colby Rehak from Williston.

There was also a goaltender from Dickinson. I can't recall if Michael Hillman from Bismarck made it, but I thought so. I apologize if I missed anyone. This is from memory.

Hillman did make it. the other goalie was Kovacs from Dickinson.

I reviewed the article and I was wrong. The coaches do pick the All-State team and the outstanding player. I believe that is a change from past years. I am equally surprised that Pat Arneson did not make it. A lot of credit must have been given to Galbreath and Ladoucer.

The coaches have always picked the All-State Team. The media, on the other hand, selects the All-Tournament Team. It has been that way as long as I remember.

Arnason should have been on the team, so I agree with that assessment.

Herbel may have benefited from a split vote, but there are many here who have in past years wanted more than just the two candidates (EDC and WDA Sr. athlete), so now that it worked against you, remember you can't have it both ways.

Dave Hoff, Bottineau's coach, says there are numerous talented players in the state, but he says Herbel is the best skater in the state. Put that info with his stats, and the pick is legit, doesn't mean someone else getting it would not have been legit, but I am comfortable Herbel is deserving of the award. Hoff has coached a long time, and knows his stuff. He has coached Team ND in Chicago Showcase.