SiouxSports.com Forum

BOYS' STATE HOCKEY SCHEDULE

Sports1

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'd say that they're "not trying their hardest" or "conserving energy"...and I don't think that RR was conserving energy at EDC. You can't do that in hockey. However, you can take a team too lightly and South tends to let teams hang on a little too long and plays "down to their competition" at times.

Century is not even in South's class. This is very typical of a Fargo South team...play close to a lesser-skilled team for a while until they get a wake up call...watch what happens here in the 3rd.

As a westerner I have watched the West decline over the past few years the quality of players top to bottom has dropped off.

Knutson must be standing strong to have only given up 3 goals with 38 shots on net. Century doesn't generate any offense and will have problems scoring anymore goals on South. South held Bismarck to 3 shots on goal earlier in the year and won a game that Hillman had 50 plus saves. Definately a surprise that Century is still close.

RR had there 3rd and fourth lines the 2nd and third periods in each of the first two games. Telling me they arent conserving enery. yeh they were. Notice how they didnt score no goals in the third against FS.

Well with the first game, Shanley didn't put out their 1st or 2nd line, either... not that it would have mattered, but they admitted to throwing that game.

RR had there 3rd and fourth lines the 2nd and third periods in each of the first two games. Telling me they arent conserving enery. yeh they were. Notice how they didnt score no goals in the third against FS.

If they were not playing their first 2 lines in the EDC championship game, then the coaching staff needs to get their heads checked.

If they were not playing their first 2 lines in the EDC championship game, then the coaching staff needs to get their heads checked.

they were definately playing lines #1 & 2 in the edc title game... i was there. i think he was just saying they were resting them in the 2nd and 3rd pd of the first 2 games... not the south game.