SiouxSports.com Forum

BOYS' STATE HOCKEY SCHEDULE

Sports1

Try here for RR vs Williston(one of these should carrry it)

http://www.network1sports.com/N1KYYZ.html

http://www.network1sports.com/N1KEYZ.html

and

Devils Lake against Bismarck

http://www.lrradioworks.com/

If anyone know any other please let me know! Especially a Minot Station that may carry the Minot vs GPR game

It will be on the KYYZ page. it will start tape-delayed after the BB game against Minot. So will be carried at about 9 p.m. CST.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to say that Minot beat Grafton in the First Round in '92, then beat South in the Semifinals. Also, I want to say the Championship Game finished at 8-7.

South didn't play in state in 1992. We lost to Botineau in one of the play-in games. I know I was skiing in Big Sky instead of playing at state. :glare: South did make it back to state in 1993 and beat Minot in the first round. Of course during my freshman year in college they won it all for the first time in 1994, in a great game against VERY good Central team led by both Panzers. ;)

What is up with the South game not being on the radio?!? It's the state tourney!

Looks like it's 2-1 South with about 14:00 left in the 2nd period. You can get updates here at the Rink Writer page, but you have to refresh the page. Also, I'm not sure how far behind this is.

South didn't play in state in 1992. We lost to Botineau in one of the play-in games. I know I was skiing in Big Sky instead of playing at state. :glare: South did make it back to state in 1993 and beat Minot in the first round. Of course during my freshman year in college they won it all for the first time in 1994, in a great game against VERY good Central team led by both Panzers. ;)

You're right. The semi-finalists that year were Minot, Bismarck, Jamestown (all "West" teams that year) and Fargo North was the lone EDC school in the semis.

I don't get it either... but i'm also confused as to why the station in grand forks... 1310, i believe... that carried all of the games from EDC isn't carrying the State games... I know the games used to be on the radio here... it's just dumb.

I agree. It's completely rediculous that this would not be on the radio in Fargo and GF (and Bismarck and Minot and wherever else). I also think that more of it should be on TV...not just the last few games. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the only games on TV the Friday night games (?) and the 3rd place and Championship?

3-2 South after 2.

I agree. It's completely rediculous that this would not be on the radio in Fargo and GF (and Bismarck and Minot and wherever else). I also think that more of it should be on TV...not just the last few games. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the only games on TV the Friday night games (?) and the 3rd place and Championship?

3-2 South after 2.

Last time I looked at the tv guide... it appears you are correct. Just the 2 semi-final games, 3rd place & championship are on tv

Last time I looked at the tv guide... it appears you are correct. Just the 2 semi-final games, 3rd place & championship are on tv

Come to think of it, that's probably not too bad because I wouldn't be watching the 2 consolation games tomorrow morning, but I would like to watch today's games.

I just have to poise this question out to everyone. I know this is only 2 periods of hockey, however where have all the west bashers went?? A team like Century playing South to a one goal game through 2 is pretty impressive. Now, in all honesty South could come out and put up 4 or 5 in the third on them, but I think some of you better take back a few of your statements about how big a gap there is from the west and east. Granted the east has a lot more depth them the west, but there are still many good players from the west past and present. Give a little respect where it is due.

South didn't play in state in 1992. We lost to Botineau in one of the play-in games. I know I was skiing in Big Sky instead of playing at state. :glare: South did make it back to state in 1993 and beat Minot in the first round. Of course during my freshman year in college they won it all for the first time in 1994, in a great game against VERY good Central team led by both Panzers. ???

Matt Burm played an amazing game in net for South. South also had Mike Gast on that team, who was one of the top players in the state. I believe he played for the Ice Sharks with Panzer et. al. before playing at Concordia.

This years South team is very talented, but does not play very consistent. Maybe they will bet their "bad" game out of the way and make it to the championship game against Red River. IMO South is the only team that has the talent to beat RR this year.

Come to think of it, that's probably not too bad because I wouldn't be watching the 2 consolation games tomorrow morning, but I would like to watch today's games.

Its the ND NBC stations. They show all opening round games of the GD basketball tourney but won't for hockey. I know you may have some lopsided games in the first round but the same holds true for BB.

I just have to poise this question out to everyone. I know this is only 2 periods of hockey, however where have all the west bashers went?? A team like Century playing South to a one goal game through 2 is pretty impressive. Now, in all honesty South could come out and put up 4 or 5 in the third on them, but I think some of you better take back a few of your statements about how big a gap there is from the west and east. Granted the east has a lot more depth them the west, but there are still many good players from the west past and present. Give a little respect where it is due.

Century is not even in South's class. This is very typical of a Fargo South team...play close to a lesser-skilled team for a while until they get a wake up call...watch what happens here in the 3rd.

Don't be fooled. The gap is huge. If they do put up 4 or 5 in a period, it will just reinforce that point. Bismarck Century benefits from the fact that South is basically already looking ahead to the Championship matchup with RR. Century can only make a close game of it if South is looking ahead (which appears to be happening somewhat). However, the talent gap is huge.