SiouxSports.com Forum

EDC play in game

HockeyGuy1770

I was at this game last night and for you hockey purists this definitely wasn't "The Game Of the Year", but I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game unfold. It had a comeback, an exciting goal at the end to force overtime, and of course the Deacons prevailed. We also play Red River to open the tournament, the last time this happened I believe Shanley found themselves in the winners bracket day two. I realize it isn't the most likely scenario, but I'm going to try to work up as much karma as possible :angry: .

I was at this game last night and for you hockey purists this definitely wasn't "The Game Of the Year", but I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game unfold. It had a comeback, an exciting goal at the end to force overtime, and of course the Deacons prevailed. We also play Red River to open the tournament, the last time this happened I believe Shanley found themselves in the winners bracket day two. I realize it isn't the most likely scenario, but I'm going to try to work up as much karma as possible :angry: .

It had everything except good defense and good goaltending. Other than that, I give Shanley 200-1 to upset RR.

This one hurt me alittle bit, I thought this was the year the blades would finnaly break through. I thought going in that if they could stick to their game plan of really packing the net tight and only allow the perimeter shots that they would be able to win this one.

I think that shanely team that you are talking about is alittle different than this years team. That team atleast had a few horses that could go. This years shanley team wasn't anymore skilled than whapeton. They don't have a single player that would have made redrivers varsity and a few of shanleys players wouldn't have even made the jvs. If this game is within 15 I will be stunned.

This one hurt me alittle bit, I thought this was the year the blades would finnaly break through. I thought going in that if they could stick to their game plan of really packing the net tight and only allow the perimeter shots that they would be able to win this one.

I think that shanely team that you are talking about is alittle different than this years team. That team atleast had a few horses that could go. This years shanley team wasn't anymore skilled than whapeton. They don't have a single player that would have made redrivers varsity and a few of shanleys players wouldn't have even made the jvs. If this game is within 15 I will be stunned.

Wouldn't Wahpeton do better if they just picked the fattest kid in the school, strapped goalie pads on him, and made him lay down in the crease? Then they could teach the football team how to skate, clump them around the net, and just have them hack and push the opposition around as much as possible? Sure they would play the entire game down 5x3, but playing 5x5 hasn't exactly panned out for them over the last......ohhhhhhh say 50 years?

So let me get this straight Shanley barely makes it past Whap, loses 16-0 to RR and then the coaching staff has the balls to say "that's exactly what we had planned since Jan." Wow! if you haven't read the article it's one of the worst I have ever seen in high school hocky!

Fargo Shanley employs unusual strategy

How many times does one find both coaches walking away from a blowout pleased with how the game unfolded?

Grand Forks Red River coach Matt Malm was pleased with how so many of his players got involved in the offense. Fargo Shanley coach John Erickson, whose team lost 16-0 on Thursday, was pleased because his team was able to rest players for today

So let me get this straight Shanley barely makes it past Whap, loses 16-0 to RR and then the coaching staff has the balls to say "that's exactly what we had planned since Jan." Wow! if you haven't read the article it's one of the worst I have ever seen in high school hocky!

Fargo Shanley employs unusual strategy

I agree. You should never give up on your players, no matter how high the odds are stacked against you. That's exactly what Shanley did. When you start giving up on your players, they'll start giving up on you.