SiouxSports.com Forum

"sieve"

Fetch

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How would Sioux fans react if the Sioux were playing another school in a sport and the other schools AD or Administrator acted the way Buning did. This question is not intended to be a flame fest but to see how Sioux fans would HONESTLY respond.

I would yawn so forcefully that NOAA would be required to give it a hurricane name and category.

taz credits Dennis Miller

I'd like to see some emotion from some of the "suits" at schools. I was with Sioux-cia at the Final 5 she mentioned, and I thought they were both a HOOT! I also love to see him at the football games doing his push-ups. It's good to see the mixing with the crowd/fans. I would not be offended at all if I saw another schools AD, or another "suit" showing some school spirit. Beats the things Ms. Josie Harper has done for her school. ;)

GO SIOUX !!

and

GO LTC BUNNING !!

How would Sioux fans react if the Sioux were playing another school in a sport and the other schools AD or Administrator acted the way Buning did. This question is not intended to be a flame fest but to see how Sioux fans would HONESTLY respond.

I doubt there is another AD like Buning...but if there is I want front row seats at the CAGE MATCH.

I think the words "gracious winner" and "classy" come to mind immediately. ;) Truthfully it sounds like he needs some lessons on how to handle winning from Oshie, Bina and the rest of the hockey program.

I don't honestly know. I can kind of see your point that a person in that position should act with dignity and class. However, let me ask you this---what do you think of a politically correct AD who says he won't play a school because it uses a Native American name or mascot? I would be much more embarassed with the latter.

I can't remember if it was the Harvard or Yale AD that called Tim Hennesey, voice of the Sioux, out. That wasn't very classy, but we just laughed at how stupid he acted. I think having your AD call someone out to fight is more embarassing than your AD having fun and doing the sieve chant. Go Buning. Go Sioux!!

I don't honestly know. I can kind of see your point that a person in that position should act with dignity and class. However, let me ask you this---what do you think of a politically correct AD who says he won't play a school because it uses a Native American name or mascot? I would be much more embarassed with the latter.

To answer your questoin about Maturi not playing UND because of their name is pretty narrow minded. It's a shame that the fans and athletes of each school sports teams (except hockey) will not experience the rivalry that hockey fans do.

I HONESTLY wouldn't give a rats behind. Chances are I wouldn't know the guy/ be able to recognize him anyway. Besides... it's a sieve chant for crying out loud. Does anyone really care? If so, I would suggest purchasing another layer of skin. I can't believe how careful we have to be these days to act "PC" so not to hurt anyone's feelings. ;)

Tom B: Nice to see all the support you show at sporting events. Please don't raise ticket prices this year. Thanks.

I HONESTLY wouldn't give a rats behind. Chances are I wouldn't know the guy/ be able to recognize him anyway. Besides... it's a sieve chant for crying out loud. Does anyone really care? If so, I would suggest purchasing another layer of skin. I can't believe how careful we have to be these days to act "PC" so not to hurt anyone's feelings. ;)

It's not the sieve chant or any public display that should be of any concern. From what I've heard his postgame conduct out of the public eye is not something typically associated with the Sioux hockey program.

When goalies get sieved 12 times in their own rink, the home faithful get cranky. Whether the sievers are wearing team jerseys or suits is immaterial.

Way to go Buning; great to get those skippies worked up over being a fan of your team.

It's not the sieve chant or any public display that should be of any concern. From what I've heard his postgame conduct out of the public eye is not something typically associated with the Sioux hockey program.

There are any number of these "rumours" floating around on GPL. Do you know which are fact and which are fiction?

Buning's behavior was in perfect alignment with thousands of other hockey fans in similar situations.

Is your AD a hockey fan?

I sure hope it didn't have anything to do with an undercover police officer...

Not to cast myself outside the faithful, but I personally would prefer that he show his affection for the hockey program by approving requested raises for assistant coaches. Men's hockey is the proverbial golden egg-laying goose, and they should do absolutely everything possible to keep it at the top. Saving a few bucks here and there for your prime revenue-generator is counterproductive.

Nice...make some veiled comment that nobody can even respond to. ;) If you're going to make me go over to GPL to get the details, then why don't you keep your comments there as well?

As far as the sieve chant, I'm not thrilled he did it and I personally would not have done it if I were UND's A.D. But on the other hand, I'd rather have an A.D. that has pair than a spineless gutless P.C. coward like Maturi.

Nice...make some veiled comment that nobody can even respond to. ;) If you're going to make me go over to GPL to get the details, then why don't you keep your comments there as well?

As far as the sieve chant, I'm not thrilled he did it and I personally would not have done it if I were UND's A.D. But on the other hand, I'd rather have an A.D. that has pair than a spineless gutless P.C. coward like Maturi.

HE WAS SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND WHO THE HELL CARES WHAT HE DID. NO ONE KNEW WHO HE WAS IN THE FIRST PLACE OTHER THAN THE OTHER SIOUX FAITHFUL THAT WERE THERE NEAR HIM I WOULD SUSPECT. THERE WERE SEVERAL "SUITS" SITTING IN AND AROUND HIM. WHO KNEW ONE FROM THE OTHER.

TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO IS A LIFELONG GOPHER FAN...THE SERIES WAS BAD FOR "MY" SIDE, AND AWESOME FOR YOURS...THE SIOUX FANS WE WERE BLESSED TO SIT AMOUNG WERE ALL TASTEFULLY TACTFUL AND WE HAD A HOOT WITH ALL OF THEM. WHEN YOUR GOALIE FUMBLES A 150+ LOB, WHAT THE HELL, LAUGH. WHAT ELSE IS THERE! WE HAD FUN WITH THE SIOUX FANS LAUGHING AT FRAZEE OURSELVES.

THE BETTER TEAM WON. NOW GO TELL GPL I POSTED HERE AND MAYBE THEY WON'T LET ME POST THERE ANYMORE! OH WELL.

I think the words "gracious winner" and "classy" come to mind immediately. ;) Truthfully it sounds like he needs some lessons on how to handle winning from Oshie, Bina and the rest of the hockey program.

HOLY CROSS!!! He's a friggin' FAN for Pete's sake!!! Because he's an AD, he's suppose to act like 'it doesn't really matter, yawn', that we, the #15th team in the country, beat the #1 team in the country!!! A team that, depending on who you talk to, is one of our biggest rivals?!? Get real!! You act as if you've never been to a hockey game before!! Our teams and our AD are plenty classy when they're in front of the media. But in 'private' they're all jumping up and down and hollering and slapping each other on the back with the excitement of it all! Sitting in the stands watching a hockey game as a fan to me is 'private' time' not AD time.

I'm glad that our AD is a 'normal guy' and not some stuffed shirt who can't get from behind his desk to see what's going on with the school's teams.