SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMtc

AZSIOUX

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a sue fan would be dumb enough to show a clip of his team down 5-0 :D

You haven't changed your name yet? Everybody knows that Wisconsin is the new State of Hockey. You guys are funny with your self righteous promotion/deception. Like Minnesota Nice - thats an oxymoron as well - at least in metropolitan area.

But I digress - Wooger was right when he said that Vanelli didn't want to get into that and the outcome clearly showed it was painfully obvious as to why.

Remember last year when the Goophers lost to a no-name team just so they wouldn't have to lose to us?

On a more serious note, before Christmas I wasn't looking forward to this weekend at all. But with the Sioux playing well and the Gophers being able to be beat the last two weekends it should be an heck of a good weekend. We're going to have to step up the intensity even further if that's possible.

I'm taking the USCHO pussy way out and predicting a split.

Are we going to have an unsung hero step up or is it time for the DOT line to show us what they are capable of.

It is going to be a great weekend. There will be rafts of Sioux fans in The John, and

I remain supremely confident of taking three, if not four, points from the rodents. Regardless

of outcome, heads will be held high both going into and leaving that solid hockey venue.

What with all of their money problems, I am surprised that Maturi does not schedule at least

one of those games for the Excel and a bigger gate. Obviously, too late to do so this year.

UMtc fans can crow all they want about their goaltending and their chemistry.

I think that they do not have nearly as much of either as they would like to believe.

Denver gave them a good run, and earned a split, and Denver doesn't impress me much.

Here we go Sioux, here we go.

No need for the sue to even make the trip. Gophers sweep. Friday night 102-0 and Saturday night 56-1.

In all seriousness, UND seems to have righted the ship. Granted they have not played the stiffest of competition the last few weeks but the victories will add confidence. As far as the Gophers go, seems to be some kinks in the armor. Really a lack of scoring (except last night), PP can not convert, giving up an un-godly amount of shots, giving up 3 PP goals to DU, passes not connecting. At times the Gophers look dominating and at other times they look like a JV team.

Honestly, I think this weekend is a split. I say Gophers win Friday but UND takes it on Saturday.

No need for the sue to even make the trip. Gophers sweep. Friday night 102-0 and Saturday night 56-1.

In all seriousness, UND seems to have righted the ship. Granted they have not played the stiffest of competition the last few weeks but the victories will add confidence. As far as the Gophers go, seems to be some kinks in the armor. Really a lack of scoring (except last night), PP can not convert, giving up an un-godly amount of shots, giving up 3 PP goals to DU, passes not connecting. At times the Gophers look dominating and at other times they look like a JV team.

Honestly, I think this weekend is a split. I say Gophers win Friday but UND takes it on Saturday.

Really... I expected "sue" from State of Hockey. He has no classy bone in his body. But from you? :D

Ask me the prediction I'd make before Christmas regarding this series and I would have predicted a Minnesota sweep. Yeah, I don't like Minnesota (just ask me what I think about their football program), and some of their fans are really, really awful, but the fact is they are the best team this year in the WCHA (and the NCAA to be honest). UND was NOT playing well at all.

The only "positive" is that I would have predicted that the wins wouldn't be by more than 2 goals.

Now that the Sioux are playing better, I'm still not convinced that these games will be easier for UND. In fact, there still is a possibility that Minnesota still sweeps the Sioux. However, I will take a UND win on Friday and UMN win on Saturday.

Despite his great season thus far, Briggs is beatable and so is the UMN defense. Frazee is the unknown here because sometimes he looks more beatable than Briggs and other times he's freaking amazing.

Anyways, here are my weekend's predictions:

Homer predictions:

1. UMN will end the weekend having more powerplays than UND

2. UMN will get away with some "rough stuff"

3. There will be plenty of clutch and grab, most likely both sides.

4. There will be plenty of UMN "fans" coming here or on USCHO claiming to "talk smack" but instead really using that leeway just to insult and demean the other side. Classlessness, in other words.

5. I expect there will be some rather unclassy cheers at the game.

Realistic predictions:

1. Both games will be tight. No blowouts.

2. Both sides will feel that one bounce in a different direction could have changed the game.

3. If anyone misses the games (radio, tv, or in person) they're going to regret it.

Known: UMN has the WCHA title in the bag whether UND sweeps them or they sweep UND.

Really... I expected "sue" from State of Hockey. He has no classy bone in his body. But from you? :D

Ask me the prediction I'd make before Christmas regarding this series and I would have predicted a Minnesota sweep. Yeah, I don't like Minnesota (just ask me what I think about their football program), and some of their fans are really, really awful, but the fact is they are the best team this year in the WCHA (and the NCAA to be honest). UND was NOT playing well at all.

The only "positive" is that I would have predicted that the wins wouldn't be by more than 2 goals.

Now that the Sioux are playing better, I'm still not convinced that these games will be easier for UND. In fact, there still is a possibility that Minnesota still sweeps the Sioux. However, I will take a UND win on Friday and UMN win on Saturday.

Despite his great season thus far, Briggs is beatable and so is the UMN defense. Frazee is the unknown here because sometimes he looks more beatable than Briggs and other times he's freaking amazing.

Anyways, here are my weekend's predictions:

Homer predictions:

1. UMN will end the weekend having more powerplays than UND

2. UMN will get away with some "rough stuff"

3. There will be plenty of clutch and grab, most likely both sides.

4. There will be plenty of UMN "fans" coming here or on USCHO claiming to "talk smack" but instead really using that leeway just to insult and demean the other side. Classlessness, in other words.

5. I expect there will be some rather unclassy cheers at the game.

Realistic predictions:

1. Both games will be tight. No blowouts.

2. Both sides will feel that one bounce in a different direction could have changed the game.

3. If anyone misses the games (radio, tv, or in person) they're going to regret it.

Known: UMN has the WCHA title in the bag whether UND sweeps them or they sweep UND.

Redwing,

My "sue" comment was in jest. Pure sarcasm along with my predicted scores of 102-0 & 56-1. Don't perceive it any different. The wonderful thing amongst these rivalries are "friendly banter" back and forth. But the key is "friendly"

Anyway, I agree with your thoughts. Mid-December it appeared that the Gophers would really pummel UND. Now, I am not too sure. Typically these games are always close contests and damn fun to watch whoever wins.

I think if UND comes into Mariucci and sweeps the Gophers it could really springboard them the rest of the season. However, if the Gophers sweep UND then the last 6-8 games by UND could essentially go down the drain.

Its not like you blew Minn. state out of the water either? Just to name one. :D

Anyone have extra tickets for either game?

I have 2 SRO for both games although my wife may not wish to go to both - she does hate the Mn Tech fans (even though she is an east-sider from birth) and loves to talk smack with that elitest group - and does it pretty well for a "girl". I'm sure that she will want to attend the Friday game as we are now planning on starting that day at Jax and keeping it going until after the Tech fans leave with 4 1/2 minutes left in the game to beat the traffic.

That being said - I may have an SRO ticket for Saturday's game if interested.

I can't wait to go to my second and third Sioux games this year!!! I am 1-0 as I saw a win in Mankato, hopefully I will be 4-0 going into the playoffs after the Gopher series and one game in St. Cloud!!!

I am sure that many of us Sioux fans have standing room only so we should try to find a long stretch of railing to all hang out and takeover. What do you all think? We can plan out strategy at Sally's beforehand. I hope this week goes by fast because I am sure I will be thinking of nothing else but this weekend!!!

Story in the Strib

Wow, change of heart? I guess it's ok when your guy starts it by running the goalie:

"Old-time hockey," Minnesota coach Don Lucia said, smiling.
What, is Frazee playing basketball or football? I shake my head when guys say this.

It was nice to be able to avenge the loss," said Gophers goaltender Jeff Frazee, who faced a season-high 45 shots. "Especially after a couple of their guys disrespected us."

Any other Sioux fans going to be up in the club room at the John for the series drinking their brand of watered down Bud Light?

I would really like to get up there somehow. When I was at a game awhile back I knew somebody who was up there and all I had to do was say their name to get in. I wonder if this would work again?

JT and TJ are stepping their game up. The Grand Forks boys Phil and Robbie have been awesome since Christmas (maybe they ate Christmas dinner at the Potulny's, I guess not since there was no front page article in the paper about it) Don't mess with Kaip or Radke. A big group of Sioux fans will be in the John.....

......Watchout UM-Twin Cities campus hockey team.....we're comin, we're comin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year I was in a suite for the 6-1 loss and I was really glad I was drinking because it didn't really hit me right away that we were getting smoked. I am hoping to find a way to get up to the upper level and be able to keep my Sally's sloshing going throughout the game.

Excellent thread title.

That Spirko goal was incredible. Too bad it happened in a game that didn't matter. :D

I wonder if he learned it here?

The next clip down is UMD SWEEPS UMTC. NICE.

Poor Sagard, they really left you to hang out to dry all by yourself? Finally cujo comes along and has your back. SHAME ON YOU, FIREHELMETGUY!