1. SDSU

2. USD

3. UND

4. Kearney

5. UMD

6. NDSU

7. Regis

8. Southwest St.

If Kearney loses today, they would fall down to about sixth. It would certainly be interesting to have a UND-NDSU match-up in the first round. The Herald speculated that UND could be seeded as high as second, but I doubt the committee will jump the Sioux ahead of USD considering USD was the co-champion of the league and won two of three against UND.

Men

1. Kearney

2. St. Cloud

3. Fort Hays

4. Metro St.

5. SDSU

6. UND

7. Fort Lewis

8. UMD or MSU-Moorhead

Northern State should be out because they were only ranked 10th last week, lost in their conference tournament, and lost head-to-head to the Sioux. UNO was only 8-8 (10-9 counting the tournament) in the NCC and lost two of three to UND. NDSU just had too many losses and the home loss to UND should have ended their hope of getting the nod over the Sioux. Nobody else seems to have much of a case for getting in.

Unbelievable. The UND women are seeded fifth? Give me a break! How the hell can NDSU be seeded third? This may be the most brainless committee ever. You would swear that the committee thought NDSU swept the season series with UND or something. UND was 4-4 against the other three good teams in the NCC. NDSU was 2-5, with three of the losses being total blow-outs. I guess there wasn't really any point to the playing the NCC tournament because UND gained nothing by beating the supposed two best team in the region on the road (or on a neutral court in the case of USD), while NDSU wasn't penalized at all by getting hammered yet again by SDSU. What a joke.