3. North Dakota State 24-5

4. Nebraska-Kearney 23-4

5. Minnesota Duluth 22-4

6. North Dakota 22-5

7. Concordia-St. Paul 21-6

8. Southwest State 20-9

9. Mesa State 20-6

10. Regis (Colorado) 20-7

I think the siouxrock phenomenon may be a "multiple personality internet disorder". This sort of activity was running rampant on the D2football.com message boards, with a user by the name of BCON. It turned out that the "original" BCON was a Grand Valley State student whose brother was on the football team. In an attempt to always be able to respond to posts and spread the GVSU propaganda on the D2football and other message boards, BCON gave his username and password to a friend, who gave it to another friend, etc. until there were about 10 BCON(s). This led to a few slip-ups that finally gave it away. (t)He(y) would post something intelligent, and within an hour post something very immature. There were also different writing styles within each post. Anyhow, I think siouxrock(s) might be doing the same thing.

jim and sicatoka,

ur l33t5p34l< i5 teh r0xx0rz. ???

/pwn3d!!!! ???

The men really need St. Cloud to knock off Omaha tonight, and for Northern State to win the NSIC tournament. I have a feeling that the RMAC will get four teams in and the NCC is only going to get three teams into the playoffs. St. Cloud and SDSU are locks from the NCC which probably leaves only one spot. If Omaha happens to beat St. Cloud, the Sioux are in big trouble and I don't believe they'll make the field.

While it's certainly possible that the Myron Allen situation will be used against the Sioux (seven wins with an ineligible player), I don't believe that the committee can do what the NCAA itself did not do, i.e. count those games as forfeits. UND probably has the third-best credentials among the NCC teams, played very well down the stretch (aside from Tuesday's game) and obviously did finish third in the conference without Allen.

While it's not technically a criteria used by the committee in selecting teams for post-season, these are the records of teams on the bubble (including UNO, Northern St. and Fort Lewis if they don't win the conference tournament and get an automatic bid) against dII opponents:

UND 17-8

UNO 15-9 (pending the outcome of SCSU game)

NDSU 16-11

Northern 17-7 (but only 1-4 against the NCC)

Fort Lewis 18-9

UND does have the head-to-head advantage against Northern St. and UNO.

I'm not including USD due to their lengthy late-season losing streak, but I guess they are also conceivably on the bubble.

If the selction committee wants to start being a policing agent and use the Allen situation against UND....then they should also look at the screw job UND got in Vermillion by the scorekeeper and refs. They can't go pulling crap like this. They can't play GOD. If the NCAA, who is the policing agent, didn't punish them, how can a few idiots decide they have the power to do it. Why not punish SDSU for having a couple of players awaiting court dates for drug charges then!! I guess it is ok to do drugs, but not to accept a room and/or food. I can't even imagine how stupid these people are, they still had USD ranked 7th this week. Hell, UND finished third in the NCC and actually with the USD game they finished tied for second. There is no way that UND shouldn't be in the regionals, I don't care what upsets happen or don't happen! The politics in all this is a bunch of crap!! ???

I completely agree that the regional committee should not be able to hold the whole Allen situation against UND when it is selecting teams. My concern is based on the fact that this rumor about how it MAY be used against the Sioux has been mentioned by Rich Glas, the UNO coach in the Omaha paper, and in more than one article in the Forum. Of course, since NDSU and UNO might benefit from such a ruling, it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that they are floating that idea around at every opportunity.

The committee would have a credibility problem in my opinion by jumping NDSU, USD, UNO (if they lose tonight), etc. over UND because IF they were going to somehow penalize UND for the Allen situation, then they should have just been up front about it and not been including UND in the rankings at all to this point. It's not like this just now became known.

Also, the criteria about considering the availability of players was clearly adoped in the event that a star player should go down with an injury late in the year. For example, had Jerome Beasley been injured against UNO, then I'm certain that this would have been a consideration used against the Sioux. I DON'T think this criteria has any relevance to Allen's absence.

Finally, while the make-up of the committee is different from the football regional committee, I think it's relevant that UNC was not penalized for their use of an ineligible quarterback for three games and was chosen for the playoffs.

Good news--St. Cloud beats UNO in mens basketball.

Better news--UND women defeat SDSU in Brookings 90-87! Just when I thought the Sioux were down and out after blowing big leads to USD and NDSU, they rebound for their third straight NCC tournament title. The bad news is that had they not blown those two big leads, odds are that UND would have hosted the regional. At least they have regained momentum heading into the playoffs.