SiouxSports.com Forum

06-07 Mr. Hockey

Stiouxy

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry I wasn't intending for that to be directed specifically at you. Other people on this board were criticizing me for claiming what your above post states earlier this season.

I'm not going to look it up, but was that Wurden getting drafted?? He's got the size, speed and hand skills for it. Sometimes I wonder if he'd be better suited for a power forward type roll. He seems to get caught up ice quite a bit right now, but he certainly has all the tools. We'll see if he can bring his game up as he moves to higher levels of competition.

If drafted would he be the first Bruin ever?? I can't think of any in the last 20+ years.

I'm not going to look it up, but was that Wurden getting drafted?? He's got the size, speed and hand skills for it. Sometimes I wonder if he'd be better suited for a power forward type roll. He seems to get caught up ice quite a bit right now, but he certainly has all the tools. We'll see if he can bring his game up as he moves to higher levels of competition.

If drafted would he be the first Bruin ever?? I can't think of any in the last 20+ years.

Yes it was Wurden. I don't think he has the offensive prowess to be a power forward in a higher quality league. Like any player moving up to a higher level of play, I think Wurden would be wise to improve his first step quickness. With the way the rules have changed, play favors a smaller agile player. It's like racing a Jeep vs. a sports car (Jack Blatherwick).

His face was priceless when he won the award. He looked surprised!

Can you imagine though, not even making state and winning Mr.Hockey. I bet he was surprised. Good to see him win it though, i saw him play a couple times this year, he is so good. Hes incredibly fast and quick on his feet, epecialy when he has the puck on his stick.

Can you imagine though, not even making state and winning Mr.Hockey. I bet he was surprised. Good to see him win it though, i saw him play a couple times this year, he is so good. Hes incredibly fast and quick on his feet, epecialy when he has the puck on his stick.

How can they give it to Herbal? Have any of you seen the teams that he played this season. Nobody's heard of a few of them and 2 JV teams!! Come on, and him and Miller still had the same number of points. I don't think it was right giving it to Herbal. My pick would have been Wurden.

I still think Eric Herbel from Bottineau is as good as any player in the state.

I guess I still stand by this quote. Many say that he doesn't deserve it but have any of those people actually seen him play. I doubt it. He is as good as the others so quit bashing him. Look at the team mate differential and that offsets the competition differential. Put him on RR or South or GPR and you would see the point totals.

How can they give it to Herbal? Have any of you seen the teams that he played this season. Nobody's heard of a few of them and 2 JV teams!! Come on, and him and Miller still had the same number of points. I don't think it was right giving it to Herbal. My pick would have been Wurden.

I wonder if Wurden's grades or Miller's DUI this summer had any factor in determining the winner.

They look at off ice activities, don't they? Wouldn't that mean extra ciricular activities as well as grades and social activities?

In most cases, X number of points in the West is significantly less if you were to play in the East. That point is supported by West teams losing in the first round of state the majority of years. Now, Eric Herbel must be a good player. However, does anyone think he is as good as someone who is leaving to play in the USHL, and is being scouted by the Columbus Blue Jackets? I doubt it. What probably happend was, a few coachs in the East split votes between Wurden and one of the other two candidates from the East. While every coach from the West voted for Herbel.

Well atleast next year at this time we wont be debating or arguing about the winner of Mr Hockey.....as long as Meland hangs out for another year!

I beg to differ.....You cannot count out the other Jr's from this year. LaDouceur, Galbreath, Arnason, Meland, and possible Siminson.

an undefeated season with a loss to roseau?

If you are saying that the RR team next year will not have the ability to put up an undefeated record, I think you are sadly mistaken. This team will be one of the best teams ever in North Dakota high school hockey...mark my words!

If you are saying that the RR team next year will not have the ability to put up an undefeated record, I think you are sadly mistaken. This team will be one of the best teams ever in North Dakota high school hockey...mark my words!

That is pretty big talk. There is no doubt that Red River will be the concensus number one team starting next year, but didn't these juniors loose to Grafton in bantams? My top three is RR, GPR and South. RR and GPR will be on a teir a little above south though.

As good as the Gambucci led teams of the late 60's who were probably the top team in the country, as good as the RR teams in the late 80's (Roseau's only loss of the year), as good as the Panzer led Central (who were national champs as bantams), as good as the RR team led by RP and DI? I'm not saying they are not going to be good, but I didn't see anyone anointing south last year when they were 2 or 3 goals from being undefeated.

The fist question will be who will stay and who will go to juniors. Lets leave the best ever title until the end of Feb. 2008. :(