SiouxSports.com Forum

HS Refs

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

• 2 weeks later...
I may just be retarded, but I've been wondering this for a while. Why do they have 2 refs and 1 linesman for the HS games?? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

The refing procedures are dictated by the National Federation of High School Hockey. This system is used nationa wide. I think alot of it is to keep the older officials in the game. One ref systems require alot of skating for the ref and many of the older officials can not keep up. Just my opinion though.

The refing procedures are dictated by the National Federation of High School Hockey. This system is used nationa wide. I think alot of it is to keep the older officials in the game. One ref systems require alot of skating for the ref and many of the older officials can not keep up. Just my opinion though.

According to what I've heard, Sioux_Yeah_Yeah and mj3und, its pretty experimental. They're just experimenting to see what happens.