SiouxSports.com Forum

Enough about Holy Cross

01grad

I don't really understand why people still are making such a big deal about the loss last year. In the game of hockey any team can get beat on any given night either because they are a little flat or don't get the bounces. I thought it was great to see the gophers get beat, but we need to move on.

People have bought Holy Cross jerseys and are planning on wearing them to the games in late January? This is what I have read on some other websites and I think it is just crazy. I think it is a very low thing to do and it doesn't represent our fan base very well. I am going to the games and will wear my Sioux jerseys especially in light of the news that the U of M will not allow their teams other than hockey to play UND because of the name.

This is just my thought on this issue and you can disagree with me all you want, but I think it is time to move on.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one of, if not THE, biggest college hockey upsets in history, and they beat our #1 rival, on our ice, in our building....i think we can give them more than we give most teams for a win. sure, its going a LITTLE far, but remember, people can celebrate how they want, as long as they want, for whatever they want. kudos to the U.S. Constitution for that one. :lol:

Buying those Jersey's paid off. So far this year HC has a better record than UND. I guess all the Gopher fans could go buy a AA for the sweep or a Tech Jersey seeing what they did this year up at the Ralph. If you want to spend the $$ on a Jersey feel free and have fun with it.

Holy Cross 6-6-2

North Dakota 5-8-1

Buying those Jersey's paid off. So far this year HC has a better record than UND. I guess all the Gopher fans could go buy AA or Tech Jerseys seeing what they did this year up at the Ralph. If you want to spend the $$ on a Jersey feel free and have fun with it.

Holy Cross 6-6-2

North Dakota 5-8-1

Nice add Bert, or is it Ernie? You just validated Atlantic Hockey in one fell swoop. I thought we in the WCHA were above that? :lol:

BTW, you spend plenty of money sitting on message boards spewing the truth, "...feel free and have fun with..."

Another BTW, do you pay attention? AA hasn't been to the Ralph yet this year, unless you mean the split last January.

I don't really understand why people still are making such a big deal about the loss last year. In the game of hockey any team can get beat on any given night either because they are a little flat or don't get the bounces. I thought it was great to see the gophers get beat, but we need to move on.

People have bought Holy Cross jerseys and are planning on wearing them to the games in late January? This is what I have read on some other websites and I think it is just crazy. I think it is a very low thing to do and it doesn't represent our fan base very well. I am going to the games and will wear my Sioux jerseys especially in light of the news that the U of M will not allow their teams other than hockey to play UND because of the name.

This is just my thought on this issue and you can disagree with me all you want, but I think it is time to move on.

Your entitled to your opinion but I could care less if the Goofer fans are upset because some of my fellow Sioux fans are enjoying the Holy Cross win. It was a great day and fun to be there and watch the Goofers go down to defeat. In fact the reason the Holy Cross win was so sweet is because before the game Woog at the I-29 cafe said there is no way Holy Cross beats the Goofers. Right on KFAN, I know it because I heard it. Talk about black board material. There was a cockiness put off by Goofer fans that weekend, they were going to come here and breeze to the Frozen Four, because they were playing at Marriucci West. By the HC beating the Goofers it wasn't a fluke it was a cocky, arrogant program getting beat.

I had some moron tell me in the bath room that the goofers would have beat the Sioux, I said, "hey son your team on the bus home already, you team is done."

It was an awesome day so don't give us the chill, never... They would be rubbing it in if we had lost to Holy Cross. When ever I am bummed about how bad the Sioux have played I just watch the Goofer imploding and it makes me cheer right up.

Buying those Jersey's paid off. So far this year HC has a better record than UND. I guess all the Gopher fans could go buy a AA for the sweep or a Tech Jersey seeing what they did this year up at the Ralph. If you want to spend the $$ on a Jersey feel free and have fun with it.

Holy Cross 6-6-2

North Dakota 5-8-1

See this is why Sioux fans enjoy the win by Holy Cross because it gets to Goofer fans.

You just validated Atlantic Hockey in one fell swoop.

More so than a group of WCHA fans buying HC jerseys en masse? :lol:

See this is why Sioux fans enjoy the win by Holy Cross because it gets to Goofer fans.

Incorrect. Most of us laugh it off because we realize the real reason is that you care more about us than you do yourselves. Hey - I wouldn't do it if the roles were reversed but afaic it's no big deal. Now if you guys had gone on to win a NC last year.... :huh::lol:

I really think that the whole Holy Cross thing has turned into a Sioux thing. My friend was wearing my bright purple Holy Cross practice jersey at WE Fest and everywhere we went, people were yelling, "Go Sioux" at us. Were we wearing anything that said UND? No.

Rolling down my window and yelling "Go Holy Cross" at a group of Gopher crap wearing fans yelling, "WWWWWWWWOOOOOOO Colorado College" after they beat us on Friday (they ran between my car and the car in front of me waiting to get out of the parking lot) shut them all up right quick.

I think that the same can be said for every team and their rivals. You'll always get crap from losing a big one. And that sir, Minnesota did.

Do you think that NDSU would let it go if they had made that field goal and beaten the Gophers? No way in he-double hockey sticks.

it was fun as hell to see live but im over it...........

01grad, why start a thread on te subject if you dont want to hear about it :lol:

What did Eddy say in Christmas Vacation, its the gift that keep giving and giving the whole year.

Incorrect. Most of us laugh it off because we realize the real reason is that you care more about us than you do yourselves. Hey - I wouldn't do it if the roles were reversed but afaic it's no big deal. Now if you guys had gone on to win a NC last year.... :lol: :lol:

I lurk/troll on GPL, JK (I rarely if ever post) and there are a few of your rodent brothers that are mad about the Holy Cross stuff from Sioux fans, a few of them are ready to snap in my opinion.

I can see some of them snapping come January when some Sioux fan comes into the Mary wearing a HC jerseys. The way I look at it is, your fellow fans can poo poo it all you want but your team put Holy Cross on the map. It was damn funny watching you guys loose. The fact that the Sioux suck this season is irrelevant, nothing can top the HC loss.

I actually was not as thrilled as most over the HC win - I wanted to play the goophs & win - But if it rubs em the wrong way I may just have to geta HC Shirt :lol:

If I could find a Holy Cross T-shirt big enough, I'd probably buy it!!!

We all got to witness one of the biggest upsets ever in the game of hockey. Many Sioux fans will never let it go, and why should they? They got to see the Gophs go down in flames in OT in Grand Forks on national TV. It was truly a great day for hockey in my opinion.

If I could find a Holy Cross T-shirt big enough, I'd probably buy it!!!

We all got to witness one of the biggest upsets ever in the game of hockey. Many Sioux fans will never let it go, and why should they? They got to see the Gophs go down in flames in OT in Grand Forks on national TV. It was truly a great day for hockey in my opinion.

XXL works for me. I wouldn't spend the money for a HC jersey, but would consider buy a cheap t-shirt.

Holy Cross 6-6-2

North Dakota 5-8-1

You know what Skippy??? I think I heard about the Sioux's Ferris State loss for about 2-3 years after the game from Gopher fans. Seems like you have a little time left to be needled about the biggest upset in NCAA Division I playoff history.

If I were a Gopher's fan I would proudly wear a Blarney's shirt or jersey. Obviously, it has been a very valuable recruiting asset for them over the past several seasons.

Now that is funny. I wonder if Kessel still wears one? :lol:

if i was attending the boring azz ucci for the jan 26,27 series,

A- i would pray to hell that we show up to play

B- i would be head to toe in green and white, bleed green, not purple, its not even a intimidating color to wear ;) just ask mankato :huh:

C- hit up dinkytown after in the green and white

but hey, thats just me....................

WHEN IS OUR NEXT THREAD GOING TO BE MADE WITH A HEADLINE LIKE..............what do we do?? whats our problem part 2?? are we skating too fast :lol: that was a good one.........................im sorry mr sioux hockey player :lol:

just having some fun here but seriously, everyone have a great holiday and lets get sioux hockey back starting in that racist hole dartmouth ;)