SiouxSports.com Forum

USAHockey

I was looking for some information on the re-districting done by USA Hockey but could not realy find anything, so thanks for any help. What will this do to hockey in North Dakota? Anything? How about Minnesota? What does the re-districting do?

I posted this question a while back and never recieved an answer. If anybody has anything to say now, post it; thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this question a while back and never recieved an answer. If anybody has anything to say now, post it; thanks.

I had heard about the possibility of redistricting about a year ago but have not followed it. One consequence of redistricting is that North Dakota might have more players named to the USA Hockey National Festivals each summer. That assumes that those who run the North Dakota Select Program feel that there are enough quality players trying out who would merit going to a Festival that "theorectically" has most of the top 240 players in the country in a specific birth year. That is the only implication that I can think of right now. Actually, there might be one more - the process of qualifying for the Tier I and Tier II USA Hockey National Championships might be different under redistricting. North Dakota has not send a team to Tier I but for many years a Tier II bantam team has been sent.