SiouxSports.com Forum

Pulling Grieco

Fetch

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of the other players had the opportunity to stop that rush that resulted in the 2nd goal on Greico.

So you pull the goalie who's been playing darned well.

The third goal was not Lammy's fault at all. So you can't say that pulling Greico was bad for the team, but I think it was unfair to the young goalie.

How many of the other players had the opportunity to stop that rush that resulted in the 2nd goal on Greico.

So you pull the goalie who's been playing darned well.

The third goal was not Lammy's fault at all. So you can't say that pulling Greico was bad for the team, but I think it was unfair to the young goalie.

That was probably the best effort we have seen from a goaltender since the SCSU series.

Too bad it went to waste. Over the last three periods of hockey Grieco has a .925 save percentage only giving up two goals.

That was probably the best effort we have seen from a goaltender since the SCSU series.

Too bad it went to waste. Over the last three periods of hockey Grieco has a .925 save percentage only giving up two goals.

With crappy numbers like that he'll be lucky to get a chance to wash Hak's car.

*sarcasm*

No goals scored in this series can be blamed in anyway on the goalies.

No goals scored in this series, the Wisconsin series, or in Alaska for that matter. The numbers put up by the defense and goalies would make fans ecstatic in most years, but when aactually scoring in the first period is so rare that fans don't know how to react you have to look beyond the goal. When scoring in general is so rare, every goal against is magnified and seems monumental - being behind by a goal looks like an obstacle that cannot be overcome by mere mortals and being two down causes you hear the dirt falling on the coffin.

I was hoping that we would develop a penalty kill that was a threat to score, but we don't even have a power play unit that provides such a threat. In one stretch on Saturday night we went 1:30 of power play without gaining puck possession inside the zone. I'll admit that I don't have the answers, but unless someone can figure out a way for this team to score, Ed Belfour in his prime wouldn't be able to change the outcomes.

Hak is showing us that he is desperate, pulling the goalie without reviewing the play, what woud have happen if the goal was called back?? Do you put Grieco's back in or leave Lammy in! How does that play with the players mind, don't you think the players are thinking the same questions?

Killing Grieco's confidence? I would hope that the kid is strong enough to be able to overcome the trauma of getting removed from a game.

Pulling Grieco had nothing to do with last night's loss.

Seriously I think it was a horrible move that backfired on him. The Sioux came right back and scored, everyone in the section was going what? When Phil let in number three the Sioux basically stopped skating again. I thought Tony made some great saves and looked like he did against the Huskies. I thought it was funny when Phil comes in the a good number of the crowd was booing. Ah, how they turn on you. :silly:

Seriously I think it was a horrible move that backfired on him. The Sioux came right back and scored, everyone in the section was going what? When Phil let in number three the Sioux basically stopped skating again. I thought Tony made some great saves and looked like he did against the Huskies. I thought it was funny when Phil comes in the a good number of the crowd was booing. Ah, how they turn on you. :silly:

Phil made some great saves on Friday night in the 1st period too. And I don't think Grieco was that sharp all-around. He gave up a lot of juicy rebounds and looked tentative with the puck all-together. Maybe that just comes from not playing in a while. But Grieco has got to figure out how to control rebounds. The 1st goal was a direct result of him not controlling a rebound.

I don't think Grieco was that sharp all-around. He gave up a lot of juicy rebounds and looked tentative with the puck all-together. Maybe that just comes from not playing in a while. But Grieco has got to figure out how to control rebounds. The 1st goal was a direct result of him not controlling a rebound.

Bull Crap!!! Saturday night Grieco played before he was pulled, Grieco played better than Phil played all weekend. The pre-mature pulling Grieco was ridiculous. By the way if you want to cloud the issue with fact, Grieco has a .925 save percentage in the last three periods he is playing in, what's Phils .840.

Go back and review the tape, LeftyZL you have to be a drinking buddy of Phil or something because I don't know what game you watched, because Grieco put in the best effort in net for the Sioux in 8 games only to get pulled. I also think its sad that UND has won one game since Phil came back to the line up. Hum, interesting. Lastly, I am pretty sure Elliot wouldn't have saved the second goal.

Grieco needs to control rebounds, Phil needs to go figure out how to not give up three goals+ every game. The only reason he didn't let three+ this week is he only play a period and a half.

7>4- Normally I agree with you. However look at, I hate bringing this up repeatedly, his age. He's a young lad playing in a league full of people 2 years or older than he is. Pulling him at the first sign of adversity is like saying he can't "hang with the big boys." When it's been shown that goaltenders are a "special breed unto themselves" one has to wonder what kind of effects this has on his confidence. Pulling a goaltneder at the pro levels or even at the junior levels is different because they are mostly your peers in age group or at similar developmental levels.

I don't know if I agree with Hak on his decision. I just think we need to put a goaltender in the net that the players feel motivated to skate around. So far, it isn't Phil and who knows if it is Tony either.

Bull Crap!!! Saturday night Grieco played before he was pulled, Grieco played better than Phil played all weekend. The pre-mature pulling Grieco was ridiculous. By the way if you want to cloud the issue with fact, Grieco has a .925 save percentage in the last three periods he is playing in, what's Phils .840.

Go back and review the tape, LeftyZL you have to be a drinking buddy of Phil or something because I don't know what game you watched, because Grieco put in the best effort in net for the Sioux in 8 games only to get pulled. I also think its sad that UND has won one game since Phil came back to the line up. Hum, interesting. Lastly, I am pretty sure Elliot wouldn't have saved the second goal.

Grieco needs to control rebounds, Phil needs to go figure out how to not give up three goals+ every game. The only reason he didn't let three+ this week is he only play a period and a half.

I never said anything about the second goal, because Grieco didn't have a chance on it. I never said anything to the effect the Grieco played poorly, because I thought he kept the game scoreless with some big saves early on. I never said anything to the effect that Grieco didn't make some great saves, because obviously he did. I said he wasn't all that sharp. I said he needed to control his rebounds more. Settle Down.

Grieco gave up 2 goals in less that half of a game. That is equal to 4 goals a game. What does it mean? Nothing. Our offense still isn't gonna score enough right now to offset the goals allowed.

I don't think our goalies are playing terrible, I think its our offense that needs to get on track. Find some line combinations that work and stick with them.

I don't think our goalies are playing terrible, I think its our offense that needs to get on track. Find some line combinations that work and stick with them.

Precisely. I don't think our D or our goaltender is playing especially poorly right now. We are usually getting beaten on deflections. We lack offense and we especially lack confidence. We aren't playing like we know we can overcome our opponents. We're continually pressing and holding our sticks too tight.

If Hackstol way trying to boost Lammy's confidence by trying to make him the savior in Sats game, I don't think he was counting on about 3000 fans booing. That had to be humiliating for Lammy. Even if everyone was booing Hackstol, I'm not real sure that it came off that way.

BTW, the goal that Jimmy Kerr scored, WOW!

I'd also like to applaud the effort put forth by Mr. Shepherd. This must be one of the rare occassions were Hacktol/Blais didn't feel like they took it in the arse from him.

except of course not calling an automatic penalty shot for a player freezing the puck in the crease with 1.5 seconds left in the game when we were down 1 goal.

except of course not calling an automatic penalty shot for a player freezing the puck in the crease with 1.5 seconds left in the game when we were down 1 goal.

It was even more hilarious watching Sheppard tell Hak that the MTU player didn't put his hand on the puck that he only like waved at it. This is what we got from reading lips and hand guesters.

Phil made some great saves on Friday night in the 1st period too. And I don't think Grieco was that sharp all-around. He gave up a lot of juicy rebounds and looked tentative with the puck all-together. Maybe that just comes from not playing in a while. But Grieco has got to figure out how to control rebounds. The 1st goal was a direct result of him not controlling a rebound.

Grieco made the first save. The goal was a direct result of nobody clearing the guy standing all-alone in front of the net.