SiouxSports.com Forum

Western HS Hockey

Minot High beat Dickinson last night. I think the score was 2-0. I know Minot had a shutout.

Next up, Bismarck High this Saturday. It is Hockey Day in Minot so there should be a good crowd on hand.

I will most likely post all of Minot High's game scores in this thread.

Edit: Sorry about the title guys, I messed it up. But this is a thread for Minot and other Western North Dakota HS hockey stuff.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minot beat Bismarck High 2-1. Minot controlled the game and could have won it 5-1. This again shows that Minot has a hard time finding the back of the net. In other news, Bismarck's JV goalie got a DQ for a punch with his blocker. I think he will be suspended for 30 days.

Williston beat Bismarck-Century in overtime. Score: 3-2

Minot plays Williston on Thursday in Minot. It should be a pretty good game. I see Minot winning by a little bit more than they did in Williston. I think the score there was 3-0. Minot is at home and not on Williston's huge rink. Minot seems to have improved since then, too.

I think Williston played their worst game that night, so I would suspect a one goal game, excepting an ENer at the end. Either team could win this game. Goaltending, penalties and getting the first goal become key. Minot is always tough to beat at home.

Also in tonight's Minot/Williston game. Dillon Kraft (Minot) after scoring a breakaway goal quickly stopped, went back to the net, and grabbed the puck. He pulled out a sharpie (or some other writing device) from his hockey pants and signed the puck. He then gave it to the students section. It was hilarious.

Edit: If you go to KXnet.com you might be able to watch it.

Call me old school, but that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in a high school hockey game...Yeah you scored a goal, but why on earth do you show up the other team by getting the puck out of the net and then signing it like some primadonna football player. For any Williston fans or other hockey fans I apologize for this because Minot already has a bad reputation in cities around the state. Gosh...I just don't know what else to say...

Personally I think he should have been given a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, but then I guess some people I talked to had no problem with it. Still, there is no place for that in the game of hockey.

I've NEVER been more upset after a Minot goal.... :lol:

Call me old school, but that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in a high school hockey game...Yeah you scored a goal, but why on earth do you show up the other team by getting the puck out of the net and then signing it like some primadonna football player. For any Williston fans or other hockey fans I apologize for this because Minot already has a bad reputation in cities around the state. Gosh...I just don't know what else to say...

Personally I think he should have been given a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, but then I guess some people I talked to had no problem with it. Still, there is no place for that in the game of hockey.

Now I understand what he was talking about when he was talking about scoring a breakaway goal while we were in class. He was boasting about it to the teacher who clearly looked disgusted. I remember he said that what he really wanted to do is use his hockey stick and "pretend" it was a bow and then use the hand motion of shooting an arrow at the goalie =/

Now I understand what he was talking about when he was talking about scoring a breakaway goal while we were in class. He was boasting about it to the teacher who clearly looked disgusted. I remember he said that what he really wanted to do is use his hockey stick and "pretend" it was a bow and then use the hand motion of shooting an arrow at the goalie =/

I may be wrong, but wouldn't that get him in trouble for sure?

I'd be talking to him about his actions if I were his coach...or parents. Like Wilbur, I think that puck signing should have been a penalty.

I may be wrong, but wouldn't that get him in trouble for sure?

I'd be talking to him about his actions if I were his coach...or parents. Like Wilbur, I think that puck signing should have been a penalty.

I should make a correction though. At the time when he was talking about doing that it wasn't after making that breakaway goal...cause it was like 2-3 days ago when he said it and I doubt he has foresight and I just realized the game was yesterday. :lol:. But I could see him doing that though he's a very pompous person on and off the ice. None the less though I do talk to him because he's a Fighting Sioux hockey fan :lol:

And in case anyone wants to see exactly what he did here is the link to the video of the goal:

http://www.kxnet.com/video.asp?ArticleId=7...mp;VideoId=3947

I should make a correction though. At the time when he was talking about doing that it wasn't after making that breakaway goal...cause it was like 2-3 days ago when he said it and I doubt he has foresight and I just realized the game was yesterday. :lol:. But I could see him doing that though he's a very pompous person on and off the ice. None the less though I do talk to him because he's a Fighting Sioux hockey fan :lol:

And in case anyone wants to see exactly what he did here is the link to the video of the goal:

http://www.kxnet.com/video.asp?ArticleId=7...mp;VideoId=3947

Dillion Kraft is a joke and should be embarressed after doing that

Just shows how classy Minot is....Hopefully he will have his ass handed to him when they play a good team from the East. The West is so bad, and not deserving of their own thread.

Pretty classless thing of that Minot player to do, I cant say Im surprised though...Why do we have to have a seperate thread for western hockey? Isnt the ND High School Thread good enough for the rest of you?

Agreed. That's bush league. He should have had his a$$ skated off too by the coach. They can not even be competitive at state against the east and this guy acts like an all star. I don't think Samson had the best control over the players when he was coach so, over the years, Minot players may have done a lot to get them a bad reputation across the state. With Olson for whom I played, crap like that would not have been tolerated and you would have been suspended. What a nimrod. By the way, why does the west stink so badly vs. the east. We competed with them just fine. What's happened?

Pretty classless thing of that Minot player to do, I cant say Im surprised though...Why do we have to have a seperate thread for western hockey? Isnt the ND High School Thread good enough for the rest of you?

Because they never condescend to talk about the west....hardly....other than to deride the hockey. Minot, Jamestown and Bismarck....Minot at least ..... used to be well respected by the east. What a bunch of classless knobs. No wonder they suck. No drive other than to do that?

As much as I've defended Minot that past couple of years on this board, I really can't say anything back to posters with the comments they've made.... :lol:

I know it doesn't mean much to you all, but I'd say 90 percent of the people that I've talked to that were at the game were absolutely sickened by the incident, and others who saw it on the news felt horrible as well. I think someone summed it up best to me today when they said "Another black eye for Minot hockey..."

I know I really don't represent Minot hockey, but I am sorry to everyone who has a love for the great game of hockey that something like this happened. I'm a huge supporter of Minot hockey, and I thought incidents like this were a thing of the past.

As much as I've defended Minot that past couple of years on this board, I really can't say anything back to posters with the comments they've made.... :lol:

I know it doesn't mean much to you all, but I'd say 90 percent of the people that I've talked to that were at the game were absolutely sickened by the incident, and others who saw it on the news felt horrible as well. I think someone summed it up best to me today when they said "Another black eye for Minot hockey..."

I know I really don't represent Minot hockey, but I am sorry to everyone who has a love for the great game of hockey that something like this happened. I'm a huge supporter of Minot hockey, and I thought incidents like this were a thing of the past.

I don't know if all of this is 100% true. But the day we played Minot someone was planing on throwing a dead rabbit on the ice. The principle made an announcements saying that person would get in big trouble. So, no one did but one of the players on the team told me that some one but a couple dead rabbits heads in the bus.

I guess the place I see the difference is that throwing rabbits on the ice shows team spirit, probably negative team spirit, but team spirit nonetheless. I played for Minot and was on the ice when rabits were thrown on the ice. The rabits came from the crowd, not the players. In this instance it was a Minot player showing up not only the opposing team, but his entire team by failing to celebrate with them, and celebrate in his own STUPID way. Like someone said, his teammates skated away from him....not getting to celebrate a "team" goal.... :lol:

I'm sorry that this happened. I know you're from Williston, and hopefully when these teams play again nothing happens in regard to a player getting hurt... :blush:

I guess the place I see the difference is that throwing rabbits on the ice shows team spirit, probably negative team spirit, but team spirit nonetheless. I played for Minot and was on the ice when rabits were thrown on the ice. The rabits came from the crowd, not the players. In this instance it was a Minot player showing up not only the opposing team, but his entire team by failing to celebrate with them, and celebrate in his own STUPID way. Like someone said, his teammates skated away from him....not getting to celebrate a "team" goal.... :lol:

I'm sorry that this happened. I know you're from Williston, and hopefully when these teams play again nothing happens in regard to a player getting hurt... :blush:

Those were the days.....When we played Jamestown, they'd throw dead birds on the ice.

The Minot JV plays in the Williston turnament but not the Varsity.

Some of you were wondering why the West deserves their own thread. I will tell you why. It is because the ND high school hockey thread gets filled with page after page of arguments about whether Fargo South rules or Grand Forks rules (or something similar). Fun to read sometimes but other times I want to see game scores and read some stuff about the West.

The bus did get a few rabbits thrown at it in Williston.

I back Kraft up all the way. He did not taunt the Williston players; he never even realy said anything to them. He was quick about it, gave the puck to the fans, and went back to his bench. He was not trying to make the Williston players mad or anything like that. He did not do it to make a name for himself. He was doing it for the fun of it. Now saying that, if another player does the same thing I will not support him.