SiouxSports.com Forum

Phil Kessel

Southernmn

Nope. Not at all! See what being a goofer does to a guy!

Wow. Please tell me you made a mistake and posted this while not fully considering the consequences.

I don't like the Gophers but attributing his decision to don a Gopher sweater to cancer.... defies .... there's no words that can express how wrong that statement is.

In any case, best of luck to Phil, even though if this came out (and it was true) I'd be pissed as hell that it got leaked to the public. NO WAY would I want something that personal being shared with everyone unless I wanted it published.

Wow. Please tell me you made a mistake and posted this while not fully considering the consequences.

I don't like the Gophers but attributing his decision to don a Gopher sweater to cancer.... defies .... there's no words that can express how wrong that statement is.

In any case, best of luck to Phil, even though if this came out (and it was true) I'd be pissed as hell that it got leaked to the public. NO WAY would I want something that personal being shared with everyone unless I wanted it published.

Nope. Not at all! meant in reply to what siouxnami said about never wanting to see anything like this at all. because of course, nobody does! Its a bad deal.

And I'm sure that it was suppose to be out in the public, these things usually are made known to the public after a very small amout of time passes. He's a professional and these things will always will be announced to the public. Oh, and the gopher statement just came out of nowhere :blush:

Though his family released the statement, so I think that they would say something. He is a professional, and things do come out.

All the same, Best of Luck to him. I freaked at work when I saw this earlier.

Not trying to make the situation seem less worse than it is, or change the topic at all... but it's probably a good thing that Kessel went pro this past offseason. I don't know NCAA rules that well, but it seems to me that U of M wouldn't be able to, or wouldn't pay for, help with medical bills... but it seems like Boston might. I know with the GB Packers a few years ago the punter had testicular cancer and they paid for all his treatment. So hopefully Boston will do something similar and he can get the best medical attention possible.

Not trying to make the situation seem less worse than it is, or change the topic at all... but it's probably a good thing that Kessel went pro this past offseason. I don't know NCAA rules that well, but it seems to me that U of M wouldn't be able to, or wouldn't pay for, help with medical bills... but it seems like Boston might. I know with the GB Packers a few years ago the punter had testicular cancer and they paid for all his treatment. So hopefully Boston will do something similar and he can get the best medical attention possible.

That and pro athletes are constantly monitored by doctors. This is a very treatable cancer, so long as they caught it early. I hope to see Mr. Kessel on the ice soon.

This should be a reminder to us all to stop what we are doing right now, grab our junk, and check for lumps.

Also, set yourself up for a physical if you haven't had one lately.

The best chance for a full recovery is early detection (I know!!) so don't think you're "fine" just because you feel fine. Get yourself checked out.

I'm sure Phil felt like he was indestructible, too.

This should be a reminder to us all to stop what we are doing right now, grab our junk, and check for lumps.

Also, set yourself up for a physical if you haven't had one lately.

The best chance for a full recovery is early detection (I know!!) so don't think you're "fine" just because you feel fine. Get yourself checked out.

I'm sure Phil felt like he was indestructible, too.

Good information, chandler23. How come they don't have "johnsongrams" like women have "mammograms"... or would that just knock the wind out of you? Since I fall into the later "gram" I don't know, just posing the question. The Boston Bruins website has no updates on Kessel today.