3. North Dakota 22-4

4. Nebraska-Kearney 21-4

5. North Dakota State 22-5

6. Minnesota Duluth 20-4

7. Concordia-St. Paul 20-5

8. Mesa State 18-6

9. Minnesota State Moorhead 16-9

10. Regis (Colorado) 18-7

It must have been our impressive win against Trinity Bible College Monday night. :0;) These rankings are absolutely ridiculous. I didn't think the Bison deserved to be knocked out of the top 10 for a 2 point loss to St. Cloud, and I figured after sweeping last weekend eighth would be the best I could hope for. UNO should be out of the top 10 for sure, and maybe USD as well.

A very gutty win by the UND men tonight in Fargo. Beasley was his typical self, Brandt played like the Brandt of old, and Porter and Mike Johnson were both solid. What can you say about Jade Jahner? He played his best game as a Sioux. UND is now 7-1 in the second half of the NCC schedule. No question the Sioux are the hottest team in the NCC right now.

I only watched the game on TV, but it certainly seemed like the crowd was pretty obnoxious (see star2city's post in another thread and the Forum article). And while Cofield is a pretty good player, his urging of the crowd to make noise during UND free throws was not exactly the epitome of sportsmanship.

If playoff berths were handed out tonight, it looks like the seedings might be something like this:

1. Nebraska-Kearney

2. St. Cloud

3. Metro St.

4. SDSU

5. UND

6. Fort Hays

7. Northern St. (or whomever wins the NSIC tournament)

8. either NDSU or the 4th place team from the RMAC

As for the UND women, the word "choke" certainly comes to mind again. I have lost all faith in their ability to hold a lead. When you're up three with only a few seconds to go, why not foul instead of giving up a three-point shot? I'd rather take my chances of getting the rebound off the missed free throw than hope the three-pointer doesn't go in.

I think it is now beyond choking!! 17 point lead with 10 minutes to go?? You pretty much have to try and lose. Like I said before, no killer instinct. UND has as much talent as anyone, but how can they just freeze up like that two weeks in a row? And it is not like they didn't know that Bue would be the first option. Letting the shot clock expire and not even getting a shot off is inexcusable. They look unbeatable for 35 and 30 minutes these games!Their heads must be rather messed up right now!! It will be interesting to see how they react this week. If they could play 40 minutes for once, they could easily win the tourney. But that is a big "if". Should be some fun games in Brookings.