SiouxSports.com Forum

Lamoureux Twins

WiSioux

If UND gets the Lamoureux twins, they get one more player to compliment their skills and their instantly the gophers as with wendell, darwitz, and stephens. Sure they might not want to play for an average or below average team, but if they were here...it wouldn't be. ;)

Highly unlikely that these two come to UND and I hope that UND fans realize why. Getting a chance to play at Minnesota or Wisconsin in women's hockey is the equivalent of getting a chance to play for UCONN or Tenessee in women's basketball. In other words, how many players would pick UND over UCONN or Tennessee in Womens bball? Zero. Same could be said for women's hockey (things may change 5 to 10 years down the road though).

I agree with Goon and AZSioux. I would LOVE to see these ladies in the Green and White, but I highly doubt it. We're too new to the scene and we're not winning games. We have a great facility but that's it right now. We are a team that, if converted to men's basketball, would be Kobe Bryant's dream as Kobe would be the ONLY star on the team... unfortunately the same would be true for the Lamoureaux sisters if they came here. The current batch of ladies have potential, sure, but I don't think they'll ever be game breakers like those who suit up for UMD, UMN, and UW.

I just hope they stay in the WCHA. That way we can at least see them when their team comes to town.

I agree with Goon and AZSioux. I would LOVE to see these ladies in the Green and White, but I highly doubt it. We're too new to the scene and we're not winning games. We have a great facility but that's it right now. We are a team that, if converted to men's basketball, would be Kobe Bryant's dream as Kobe would be the ONLY star on the team... unfortunately the same would be true for the Lamoureaux sisters if they came here. The current batch of ladies have potential, sure, but I don't think they'll ever be game breakers like those who suit up for UMD, UMN, and UW.

I just hope they stay in the WCHA. That way we can at least see them when their team comes to town.

If the women's hockey team was converted to men's basketball, maybe we could beat Minot State and Bemidji State.

Sounds like the twins are catching some eyes.

The youngest members of Team USA are 17-year-old twins Monique and Jocelyne Lamoureux of Grand Forks, N.D., who'll make their international debut next week. Amidon is impressed by their fitness: "It's obvious they've been in a weight room before," she said.

Ruggiero, Team USA are shaping up