SiouxSports.com Forum

Great Sioux jackets

JESUS,family,rutgers

Siouxmama,

You are very welcome. What I can't believe is some of the schools they have such as Butler and Austin Peay, and they don't have my school. Coming off a bowl year and now being ranked #16 in the nation, someone really should have made the decision to include Rutgers. They could have sold thousands of these before Christmas. The retail stores around here can't keep anything in stock except caps since we have been getting on TV so much and winning. I wasn't that surprised to see North Dakota available,but I just can't see them selling very many of some of the colleges available.

Siouxmama,

You are very welcome. What I can't believe is some of the schools they have such as Butler and Austin Peay, and they don't have my school. Coming off a bowl year and now being ranked #16 in the nation, someone really should have made the decision to include Rutgers. They could have sold thousands of these before Christmas. The retail stores around here can't keep anything in stock except caps since we have been getting on TV so much and winning. I wasn't that surprised to see North Dakota available,but I just can't see them selling very many of some of the colleges available.

Those are the ones that we will see very soon for the "low, low price of $19.99".

I do agree with you, they have totally missed the boat on Rutgers jackets.

Here's my two cents on this post. For the record for $70.00 it's worth it & if I remember I'll order two one "UND FIGHTING SIOUX JACKET" & one "IT"S GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR JACKET" also. I'll see ya'll at the world's largest cocktail party in Jacksonville for the GATOR/BULLDOGS matchup.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Here's my two cents on this post. For the record for $70.00 it's worth it & if I remember I'll order two one "UND FIGHTING SIOUX JACKET" & one "IT"S GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR JACKET" also. I'll see ya'll at the world's largest cocktail party in Jacksonville for the GATOR/BULLDOGS matchup.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Now, now Tommiejo. Get you game straight. There is nothing to do with cocktails or parties anymore. :D

You can thank Georgia for that. :)

Now, now Tommiejo. Get you game straight. There is nothing to do with cocktails or parties anymore. ???

You can thank Georgia for that. :glare:

Hey Smoggy you're half right both presidents of both schools wanted the term "worlds largest cocktail party" taken out along with CBS & ESPN. Nevertheless the fans will always make the world's largest cocktail party no matter what the presidents of both schools say otherwise. Thanks for the replay though I really do apperiate it a whole lot.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Hey Smoggy you're half right both presidents of both schools wanted the term "worlds largest cocktail party" taken out along with CBS & ESPN. Nevertheless the fans will always make the world's largest cocktail party no matter what the presidents of both schools say otherwise. Thanks for the replay though I really do apperiate it a whole lot.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

According to Tim Brando (the host on CBS), CBS wanted nothing to do with changing the name and it was either the Georgia pres or AD that sent them a letter saying that they couldn't use that term. He talked about this on his radio show end of last week.

According to Tim Brando (the host on CBS), CBS wanted nothing to do with changing the name and it was either the Georgia pres or AD that sent them a letter saying that they couldn't use that term. He talked about this on his radio show end of last week.

That's true & you're right, but the talk around Gainesville for me is a two hour drive from my home in Tampa on I-75 is that also the president of UF along with CBS & ESPN along with the president of UGA all agreed to do away with the world's largest cocktail party but the problem is that the world's largest cocktail party has been around for so long it's hard to just drop the thing altogether. Sometimes you just can't tell the fans what to beleive me i've been there. So in closing thank you again for replying I really do apperiate it a whole lot & also GO GATORS CHEW UP THOSE DAWGS.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973

You are very welcome Siouxmama. --Here is what happened the other night. I called them and asked when they might start carrying Rutgers jackets. She said "who" and I repeated Rutgers. She said" is that a college?" I know our sports program isn't as well known as Texas,Southern Cal,Louisville,etc. but I thought she would at least have heard the name somewhere. I have heard of schools out your way like Drake and Creighton. Our marketing department has their work cut out for them. It reminded me of years ago, when Rutgers went down to Tennessee for their homecoming. The newspaper down there wrote "What's a Rutgers" on the front page of the paper. 100,000 Volunteer fans sat in disbelief as we won!

You are very welcome Siouxmama. --Here is what happened the other night. I called them and asked when they might start carrying Rutgers jackets. She said "who" and I repeated Rutgers. She said" is that a college?" I know our sports program isn't as well known as Texas,Southern Cal,Louisville,etc. but I thought she would at least have heard the name somewhere. I have heard of schools out your way like Drake and Creighton. Our marketing department has their work cut out for them. It reminded me of years ago, when Rutgers went down to Tennessee for their homecoming. The newspaper down there wrote "What's a Rutgers" on the front page of the paper. 100,000 Volunteer fans sat in disbelief as we won!

That the type of story ending we like to read about! :silly:

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who bought these, is the Sioux logo embroidered on or is it a decal that has been put on the jacket? It looks great on the website. I have emailed them and they said they were aware of our Top 15 national ranking and were considering adding Rutgers. Still hard to believe they are selling very many of some of those schools.

For those of you who bought these, is the Sioux logo embroidered on or is it a decal that has been put on the jacket? It looks great on the website. I have emailed them and they said they were aware of our Top 15 national ranking and were considering adding Rutgers. Still hard to believe they are selling very many of some of those schools.

Just checked out my jackets. Both the NORTH DAKOTA on the front kangaroo pocket and the logo on the back of the jacket are embroidered on the jacket, not decals sewn on. The jackets are very nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey SiouxSportsters:

I ordered three jackets and two were the wrong size. I can return them, but thought I would offer them here if someone wants to buy one or both. They are very nice. Both are Size L. Price is $60 each, which will save you on shipping from ordering it on-line. I can have them in Grand Forks for the Saturday night hockey game against CC. Please PM me or respond here. If no one is interested, they go back on Monday for an exchange.

Sprig, I just called the 888-777-3949 number to order a pro team jacket for my nephew and I asked about North Dakota and the CSR told me they have all sizes for the Sioux. Either one of the CSR's is wrong or they just got more in.

GO NORTH DAKOTA!

GO RUTGERS!

Received my Sioux jacket--looks great and the Fighting Sioux logo on the back and "NORTH DAKOTA" letters on the front are very nice. Now the question is if I make it up to Dartmouth and I wear my Tim Skarperud jersey and this jacket, will the Dartmouth fans be hostile and abusive to me!!!

GO NORTH DAKOTA!

GO RUTGERS!