SiouxSports.com Forum

"Force of the North" marketing

airmail

Folks, m-a-r-k-e-t-i-n-g c-a-m-p-a-i-g-n, and a good one.

I know it's not the norm for UND but a coordinated campaign is a good move.

And our exposure to such has been, how shall we say, not as 'well received' in all quarters; as examples from NDSU: "S-ream Yellow" or this year's "thUNDderstruck".

(I just know Bison fans love it when I emphasize the "UND" in thUNDer, ala "thUNDerstruck" or "thUNDering herd" to emphasize how much they wish they were UND.) :D

Folks, m-a-r-k-e-t-i-n-g c-a-m-p-a-i-g-n, and a good one.

I know it's not the norm for UND but a coordinated campaign is a good move.

And our exposure to such has been, how shall we say, not as 'well received' in all quarters; as examples from NDSU: "S-ream Yellow" or this year's "thUNDderstruck".

(I just know Bison fans love it when I emphasize the "UND" in thUNDer, ala "thUNDerstruck" or "thUNDering herd" to emphasize how much they wish they were UND.) :D

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! ;)

I knew it would draw 'em out of the woodwork. :D

Sicatoka you had a really nice response on that NCAA morning coffee site too.

I hope you all can forgive me for chuckling as I read this "Morning Coffee":

- It starts by talking about how the NCAA is proud of working to obliterate any references to American Indians in collegiate sports.

- It ends by lauding a man who once said, "I suppose I should be ashamed to say that I take the Western view of the Indian. I don't go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians, but I believe nine out of every ten are, and I shouldn't like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth." (Theodore Roosevelt)

You have to credit the 100 plus year path of consistency of the NCAA

co9.jpg

Chris Schenkel: Big Ern, a million dollars. What are you going to do with it?

Big Ern: I don't know. All l l know is, l finally got enough money...that l can buy my way out of anything.

l can do anything l want when l get my money later. And l won! Finally, Big Ern is above the law! lt's a great feeling.

Schenkel: You were so cool. Any pressure?

Big Ern: Where are those girls? Get those girls over here. Yeah, there was pressure. l didn't want to get beat by a guy with a hook.