SiouxSports.com Forum

Und at denver-game 2

Siouxrock

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ranfranz deserves a chance too, but Brandt needs consistancy. If he keeps getting pulled, then not dressing, then playing...and then back to not dressing again, that is the downer for his confidence. Everyone has said that Brandt loses his confidence, and that is why he doesnt' play well. But looking at his stats for the games he has played, he doesn't look too bad...and if we just stick with him I think that it would be for the best. Sure, if he does terrible, put Ranfranz in... :)

Here's a summary of the pre-game show with Tim Hennessy.

Blais said the tie felt like a win. We didn't get a lot of breaks. Killing off 5-on-3 was big.

Don't know why we've been having trouble scoring 5-on-5.

Other teams have been great defensively. Next 7 games will be tough.

We really need go after these two points tonight. It will be important down the stretch.

Ranfranz will start tonight!

Blais tells the team to let Denver take penalties tonight. Some of the penalties taken Friday demoralized the team after they'd talking about playing more disciplined.

Mike Prpich lost a capped tooth in the scrum just after the game. He was going around asking people if they found his tooth.

DU coach Gwozdecky wasn't happy with the way his team played. He felt they had a chance to put UND away and didn't get it done. He said the Sioux turned it up at the end when they had to.

He said DU retreated when they had the lead and didn't maintain aggressive forecheck and turned the puck over too many times.

He expects them to play better tonight, although he doesn't think he saw North Dakota's best game.

Gwoz thinks they got some luck in keeping Parise and Bochenski off the scoresheet.

He doesn't think the scrum at the end will carry over into tonight's game.

No question this game is very important to the Pioneers tonight.

Hennessy talked to Ryan Connelly.

Connelly got cross-checked. Got up and saw stars. He said the ref let a lot of things go.

Nice to get some 5-on-5 goals. Coming from behind helped boost the team's confidence.

Between the second and third periods, in the locker room they said they had to go all out the final 20 minutes.

Hennessy says he thought Denver looked gassed in the last 7-8 minutes and in OT.

Getting 3 points out of DU would be huge on the road.

About not having a goal yet, he said he put one off the goalie's head last night. It came down and fell the other way instead of into the net.

If I'm not scoring, I know there's always other things I should be doing. I try to stay positive and do everything I can.

Hennessy talks to Matt Jones.

Jones said they got off to a slow start.

Our strategy is to go line after line and just wear the other team down in the third period. We're in good shape.

I try to make a hit and a play every shift.

I try to stay consistent and stay focused every game. I try to get better every week.

He's more confident with the puck and handling it more.

We definitely miss David Hale, but we try to do the best we can. With him out, everybody has to pick it up a little more.

This is definitely a big game. We need to carry our intensity from the third period over tonight.

Wade Dubielewicz is in goal for Denver. It's a Dubielewicz-Ranfranz goalie duel.

The puck is dropped. Game on!

Lundbohm, Massen and Spiewak are playing together.

Bochenski gets a good opportunity on a 3-on-1, but D-man blocks his shot.

Parise, Notermann and Bochenski are together.

DU penalty. Interference on Caldwell for tackling Parise.

Fylling gives the puck away and creates a shorthanded opportunity for DU. Fuher backchecking keeps them from getting a shot off.

Both teams at full strength. Schneider gets a good shot off. Sioux 0-1 on the power play.

Prpich pulls down a DU player. Pioneers on the power play.

Denver on the power play now.

Wade Dubielewicz knocks down McMahon and takes an interference penalty.

4x4 for 18 seconds, then ND power play.

Sioux now on the power play.

Parise misses an open net on a pass from Lundbohm.

Dubie makes a big save on Bochenski.

DU kills the penalty.

Sioux 0-2 on the power play.

Ranfranz makes a big save on Dora.

Hennessy tells Ranfranz not to be so quick to look in the net. :)

Greene takes a penalty. Hennessy says they're watching for him.

DU on the power play.

Conner James scores on the PP at 9:57.

Notermann lost his stick and couldn't do anything.

Denver 1, UND 0

9:57 Conner James PPG

Pioneers 1-2 on the power play.

Dubie stops a slapper from Canady in the slot.

Dubie makes a big save on Bochenski on a breakaway.

6:30 left in the first period.

McMahon's backhander hits the goalpost!

Dubie makes a big save on Massen as he tries to jam in a rebound off Schneider's shot.