SiouxSports.com Forum

COACHES SHOW 1/9/02

SiouxperFan

I only caught the last 10 minutes or so tonight. Scott Swygman noted that Blais sounds much more optomistic about his team than he did before Christmas. Dean responded that every team has a defining moment, and for this team it was winning the GLI. He said we can expect to see a different team than the one that appeared against MSU-M (I sure as h*!! hope so).

Blais expressed pleasure with the play of all three freshman defensemen. He and Hakstol feel they've all made an impact. They think Nick Fuher is playing on about the same level as Schneider and Jones.

Dean said (something like) that there might be only about 5 players in the NCAA who could have scored the goal Massen scored against Minnesota on Saturday. He obviously remains very high on the kid. He also said Bochenski's upside was to "score maybe 25-30 goals and be an All-American."

My favorite comments were those Blais made about Brian Canady. He asked Tim Hennessy if Canady reminded him of Cary Eades. He said Canady was a leader and that he thought he'd be a captain some day. I don't think there could be any higher praise from Dean for a freshman.