SiouxSports.com Forum

2006/2007 Women's Basketball

4siouxnow

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know why Maffin didn't play last night?

I listened to the pregame and the first part of the game. I may be wrong because I was working at the same time, but I thought they said she was injured. I don't think it was severe (rolled ankle?). It sounded like they just wanted to hold her out this weekend to give it a chance to heal.

I agree...cannont be winning by 20 and get this close...ALSO......here we go again..what is the deal with the AM radio and horses*%t internet feed for the women?:lol: Are the men always going to get the FM station??? I wish the men well, but c'mon...we have the majority of women's players from this area..maybe the average person would like to hear them...(in other words...AM doesn't come in or the INTERNET FEED DOES NOT WORK!!!) at least alternate who gets FM. No disrespect, and I'm all for the new found love for UND men's basketball...but come on...they've lost 2 in a row and got their butt's kicked by albeit D-1 schools. Give the women some props...5-0 warrants some air time that people can actually hear!! 92/96...whats the e-mail to complain to the radio/univeristy??? Good job ladies!

Guinn MVP of the trny Langen also on the alll trny team.

I don't like the trend the last 2 games we have had big leads and let the other team back in the game.

I'm not really worried for a couple of reasons. One, all five games this year have been played without one key player (Langen for most of the first three; Maffin the past two). Secondly, Langen has been a slow starter all three of her seasons at UND, but chances are in about a month or so she'll be back to what we're used to seeing. This team does apparently have some flaws--probably not enough outside shooting for one--but I think they'll be very tough once at full strength.

I'm not too sure that the next home games will be easy, Northern is usually pretty good and Moorhead has some nice wins already this season. Granted the other games in this strech should be much eaiser.

Moorhead has already beat UNI and NDSU. SHould be a good game Sunday.

I'm not too sure that the next home games will be easy, Northern is usually pretty good and Moorhead has some nice wins already this season. Granted the other games in this strech should be much eaiser.

Moorhead has already beat UNI and NDSU. SHould be a good game Sunday.

Moorhead also beat UMD by 2 on a neutral floor. Of course, I don't think UMD is anywhere near the Sioux this year in terms of talent, but I agree that Moorhead is a legit opponent.

beating ndsu wouldn't seem like a real HIGH hurdle this year! :silly: (See McFeely's articles calling for Amy's firing) I agree Moorhead will be a challenge but when was the last time WBB in Fargo centered on Moorhead?? ;) Roebuck called them out last year and in retrospect...it was probably a good idea for Amy to diss it! ;)

I didn't even recognize the UND team I saw last night. It was absolutely brutal to watch. I thought Beck and Bergan played well, but most of the rest of the team was terrible. And I honestly don't think Gene was all that interested in winning after the first half performance. I'm not sure how else one would explain why his best player sat the entire second half, while a walk-on played eight minutes in the second half of a close game?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Gene is a great coach, but it would be nice if he'd be willing to actually play zone once in awhile when the situation calls for it. UND was absolutely killed on backdoor plays last night. I think a zone would have stopped a lot of those easy baskets. It's just frustrating that every team UND plays will play zone against the Sioux--and it works when the outside shots aren't falling--but Gene refuses to play anything but man, even when the matchups are a problem.

I would agree that last night was as bad a performance as I've seen from a UND women's team in some time. Bergan and Beck can't be your 2 best guards come conference time that's for sure.

As bad as Langen was while she was on the floor last night, I wouldn't have played her again either. At least Sannes showed some effort in game last night. I didn't think Langen or Kimbrough played worth a lick.

I don't think I'd question Coach's decision not to play zone. He teaches his kids to over play and get in passing lanes. He also teaches those away from the ball to be in a help position; that was the failure last night. Also, Northern State played very well. They should be complemented.

I would agree that last night was as bad a performance as I've seen from a UND women's team in some time. Bergan and Beck can't be your 2 best guards come conference time that's for sure.

As bad as Langen was while she was on the floor last night, I wouldn't have played her again either. At least Sannes showed some effort in game last night. I didn't think Langen or Kimbrough played worth a lick.

I don't think I'd question Coach's decision not to play zone. He teaches his kids to over play and get in passing lanes. He also teaches those away from the ball to be in a help position; that was the failure last night. Also, Northern State played very well. They should be complemented.

Just to clarify, the walkon I was referring to Holthuson (sp?). She played the final eight minutes of the game. No matter how poorly Langen played in the first half, I would still prefer to have her in the game at crunch time over somebody who has seldom ever played, UNLESS the decision was made that it was more important to teach a lesson rather than win a game. Hence, my comment about how I don't believe Gene necessarily was going all-out to win that game.

As for the zone issue, I stand by that opinion. A zone has a place in basketball, although there are still a few oldschool coaches who flat-out refuse to play one. Another prime example of when it was needed was the regional loss to Concordia-St. Paul two years ago. When you're getting killed on penetration and one-on-one play, a zone can limit that.

What was amazing was they ran the same play the whole game!!!

run the back pick....get pressure on the ball!!! the post player who set the back pick...give the other player some help...bump that girl coming off the pick...how can a college team get a lob pass over 3-5 players get 10 lay ups during a course of a game....its the only play they ran...then ran a step in post up play with # 44...who killed us as well...another north dakota girl

500 wins=adjustments!!