SiouxSports.com Forum

ND high school football

extremerouge

Wow, I must assume then that you've never watched Minot play? And you do realize Minot basically thumped Wahpeton and handled them pretty darn easily? So I don't know how you could come to a conclusion like that. Even though I'm a senior and attend Minot High School I'm not gonna be a biased fan and say that we're gonna win it but I do believe we'll give South a better game than when we played them at the beginning of the season. But us getting shutout twice in a season by them? I don't think so. I bet we'll at least get a FG.

They already rolled them by like 48 in minot. Thats how i came up with a conclusion like that. I obviosly don't follow this team or any team but losing by 48 at HOME thats not promising. I guess we will see but I will be surprised if i read in the paper that its closer then 48-0.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They already rolled them by like 48 in minot. Thats how i came up with a conclusion like that. I obviosly don't follow this team or any team but losing by 48 at HOME thats not promising. I guess we will see but I will be surprised if i read in the paper that its closer then 48-0.

It was also the first game of the season, and you assume a Wapaton team that got handled by Minot would be a better game for South? You are just trying to start some $h!t, when it isn't called for at all. Nobody on here even predicted a Minot High win, just a better showing than the first game of the season.

South is obviously the overwhelming favorite in the game, but if they underestimate Minot they could knocked off. It's not likely, but anything can happen and I think the first game results will work against south.

I remember my Jr year of high school we beat St. Mary's 45 - 7 in the regular season, only to overlook them in the playoff semifinals that year and lose to them by 7.

In this game Minot was also missing a couple of there better players, so that might help a little as well.

AAA

South is going to roll in this one. The marquee game would have been Whapeton Vs. South I would have picked that to be closer. South-63 Minot-0

AA

Trinity-32 over Watford-24

A

This will probably not be close. Velva just has to much. Velva-35 Linton-7

Nine Man

Napolean by 2 touchdowns.

Actual scores- Velva-33 Linton-8

Napolean wins 26-12

I'm on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!

South deserves to be the state champions, they are a great great team. However, I think Minot played one heck of a football game, and kept the score a lot closer than most people thought they would. One or two plays go a different way and the score could have been even closer.

Anybody who bet 63-0 isn't much of a football mind at all. :D

South deserves to be the state champions, they are a great great team. However, I think Minot played one heck of a football game, and kept the score a lot closer than most people thought they would. One or two plays go a different way and the score could have been even closer.

Anybody who bet 63-0 isn't much of a football mind at all. :D

I didnt see the game but i heard minot had like 20 yards of offense in the first half? If thats true i dont know how it could have been much closer. I also heard south had 100+ yards in penalties and a weak intentional grounding call?;) If thats true minot must have gotten most of the breaks. The reviews i got were that it was all south and it was never as close as the score shows, these are the reviews I got. If you don't agree I'm sorry.

I didnt see the game but i heard minot had like 20 yards of offense in the first half? If thats true i dont know how it could have been much closer. I also heard south had 100+ yards in penalties and a weak intentional grounding call?;) If thats true minot must have gotten most of the breaks. The reviews i got were that it was all south and it was never as close as the score shows, these are the reviews I got. If you don't agree I'm sorry.

Sure, but if the reviews you got come from people like yourself all the stuff you mentioned is obviously wrong! :D

I was at all four games Friday.

Napoleon looked good, but hey, it was 9 a.m.!

Velva started fast, though the game was closer than the score. Linton just could not get time to throw, and turnovers hurt them, too.

Watford played very well to beat Trinity. Almost mistake free for the Wolves other than the unnecessary roughing the kicker play. Not a smart play to even try to block that kick, it was 4th and a zillion!

Minot played well defensively to keep the South game close. Minot did not play very impressively on offense. Oh, and the officiating in that game was excellent. In no way was that the reason the score was closer than many expected (myself included).

I was at all four games Friday.

Napoleon looked good, but hey, it was 9 a.m.!

Velva started fast, though the game was closer than the score. Linton just could not get time to throw, and turnovers hurt them, too.

Watford played very well to beat Trinity. Almost mistake free for the Wolves other than the unnecessary roughing the kicker play. Not a smart play to even try to block that kick, it was 4th and a zillion!

Minot played well defensively to keep the South game close. Minot did not play very impressively on offense. Oh, and the officiating in that game was excellent. In no way was that the reason the score was closer than many expected (myself included).

Ic i just saw the tape of the game and I'd like your interpration of that 17 yard intentional grounding penalty? The Qb was roughly 10 feet out of the pocket. If that wasn't enough the ball sailed right over one of the south players heads. If your willing id like your interpretation. I wasn't at the game and I couldn't get it on tv the station doesn't come in out here so I had to wait to see it on tape from my parents who live in GF so maybe I missed somthing.

Ic i just saw the tape of the game and I'd like your interpration of that 17 yard intentional grounding penalty? The Qb was roughly 10 feet out of the pocket. If that wasn't enough the ball sailed right over one of the south players heads. If your willing id like your interpretation. I wasn't at the game and I couldn't get it on tv the station doesn't come in out here so I had to wait to see it on tape from my parents who live in GF so maybe I missed somthing.

Sure, with a disclaimer that I officiate HS football, so I do tend to side with the officials, knowing they are the ones in the arena doing the work.

The first thing to remember is that in HS there is no "pocket" provision like in the NFL, so you always must throw to an eligible receiver. The second thing is the penalty is a 5 yard penalty from the spot the QB threw the pass, not from the line of scrimmage, with a loss of down also. To me, if it was a 17 yard penalty, it was because he was 12 yards deep when he released the ball.

Hope that explains it, if not let me know what is unclear and I'll try to be more specific.