SiouxSports.com Forum

ND high school football

extremerouge

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just please tell me Dickinson Trinity isn't playing this Saturday and make my day. What a joke that a school in the neighborhood of 400 students co-ops with another school (New England) to continue the domination of schools like Belfield, Killdeer, etc.

And the AAA playoffs are set.

Play in Games:

Central vs. Fargo North

Jamestown vs. Williston

Quarterfinal Matchups

1E Fargo South vs. Jamestown-Williston Winner

2W Bismarck High vs. 3E West Fargo

1W Minot vs. North-Central winner

2E Wahpeton vs. 3W Mandan

I'm personally looking forward to seeing what Minot can do with the team they have, but I'm more interested in seeing how tough West Fargo or Bismarck plays South in the semifinals.

Go Minot.... :)

Just please tell me Dickinson Trinity isn't playing this Saturday and make my day. What a joke that a school in the neighborhood of 400 students co-ops with another school (New England) to continue the domination of schools like Belfield, Killdeer, etc.

I think you need to check you #'s. Dickinson Trinity's enrollment is only about 170 I believe and New Englands in around 70. That is a far cry from 400. Also, Dickinson Trinity doesn't play Belfield and Killdeer in football and does not co-op with New England in any other sports. New England contacted them because if they didn't co-op they wouldn't have had enough kids out to run a program and would have had to drop it. You might want to check stuff like this out before you make a comment that really makes you look arrogant and foolish.

I think you need to check you #'s. Dickinson Trinity's enrollment is only about 170 I believe and New Englands in around 70. That is a far cry from 400. Also, Dickinson Trinity doesn't play Belfield and Killdeer in football and does not co-op with New England in any other sports. New England contacted them because if they didn't co-op they wouldn't have had enough kids out to run a program and would have had to drop it. You might want to check stuff like this out before you make a comment that really makes you look arrogant and foolish.

7-12 at Trinity has a total enrollment of 252 (check out their web site yourself). I believe Belfield 7-12 is approximately 100.

I should have changed my subject...my comments about Belfield and Killdeer referred to sports like boys and girls basketball and girls volleyball.

New England had a co-op before with Regent. Regent wasn't happy with the New England domination of it and so Regent chose to leave and co-op with Mott. I don't exactly feel sorry for New England in that sense.

My point is, since dropping to Class B, Trinity has pretty much dominated every sport, including girls volleyball, girls basketball, boys basketball, and football. Most Class B schools prior to that were happy making the state boys basketball tournament once in their lifetime. Now, it's like a birthright for Trinity.

7-12 at Trinity has a total enrollment of 252 (check out their web site yourself). I believe Belfield 7-12 is approximately 100.

I should have changed my subject...my comments about Belfield and Killdeer referred to sports like boys and girls basketball and girls volleyball.

New England had a co-op before with Regent. Regent wasn't happy with the New England domination of it and so Regent chose to leave and co-op with Mott. I don't exactly feel sorry for New England in that sense.

My point is, since dropping to Class B, Trinity has pretty much dominated every sport, including girls volleyball, girls basketball, boys basketball, and football. Most Class B schools prior to that were happy making the state boys basketball tournament once in their lifetime. Now, it's like a birthright for Trinity.

Sorry MM, that would be Thompson! We'd be the 2004 and 2005 Class B volleyball champs! :):D May not happen this year though, we graduated some awesome seniors.

I've always found it incredible that a town of 16,000 could have two pretty good class A (caliber) high school sports programs. I'm not accusing anybody of anything, because I have no idea, but are the vast majority of Trinity students who compete in athletics actually from Dickinson?

Sorry MM, that would be Thompson! We'd be the 2004 and 2005 Class B volleyball champs! :):D May not happen this year though, we graduated some awesome seniors.

I didn't say they won the state title every year since dropping to B, but they've been to the state tournament every year in pretty much everything.

One article in the Dickinson Press online before last year's boys basketball tournament actually mentioned something to the effect of the great sports dynasties of all-time...the NY Yankees, the Boston Celtics, the SF 49'ers...and the Dickinson Trinity boys basketball team. Made me want to puke.

Mott-Regent Football wins on Saturday! Next is Turtle Lake-Mercer!

MM - I "hate" Trinity too. They should be class A. That's my humble opinion.

(BTW - i put hate in " " because it's a strong word. I need a word slightly less than hate to do the job)

Last night in the AAA ranks Central and Williston were victorious....that means....

Saturday:

Williston @ Fargo South (Long drive for the Williston kids....hopefully South takes it easy on them)

West Fargo @ Bismarck High (The most interesting first round game)

Mandan @ Wahpeton

Central @ Minot

Predictions for the first round?

I'll take South over Williston, Bismarck High over West Fargo (they never lose at the Bowl), Wahpeton over Mandan, and hopefully Minot over Central.

Last night in the AAA ranks Central and Williston were victorious....that means....

Saturday:

Williston @ Fargo South (Long drive for the Williston kids....hopefully South takes it easy on them)

West Fargo @ Bismarck High (The most interesting first round game)

Mandan @ Wahpeton

Central @ Minot

Predictions for the first round?

I'll take South over Williston, Bismarck High over West Fargo (they never lose at the Bowl), Wahpeton over Mandan, and hopefully Minot over Central.

Minot should be fine as long as they don't have too many hockey players on the team....cough cough.

Minot should be fine as long as they don't have too many hockey players on the team....cough cough.

I could respond in a negative way, but I find all of your shots at Minot amusing. Hey, Dean was back this past weekend, you should be in a good mood. :glare:

PS: What Grand Forks high school do you claim to be a fan of? Isn't it Red River?? Just asking.

Updating the AAA playoffs.

Minot over Central-42-7

Wahpteon over Mandan 32-7 (I think?)

Fargo South over Williston (can't remember the score)

Bismarck high over West Fargo 28-21

That sets up the Semis

Bismarck High @ Fargo South

Wahpeton @ Minot

The best four teams in the state still alive. This is a good thing. ;)

Minot 35 Wahpeton 14.

A pretty good football game for the most part. The thing that hurt Wahpeton was they couldn't stop Minot's running attack. I think the RB Schatz had over 200 yards rushing.

I think there might have been more Wahpeton fans in attendance than Minot fans..... ;)

Other winners:

Napoleon will take on Turtle Lake Mercer in the 9 man Championship

Linton will play Velva in the A Championship

Trinity will play Watford City in the AA Championship

Fargo South will play Minot in the AAA Championship

Minot 35 Wahpeton 14.

A pretty good football game for the most part. The thing that hurt Wahpeton was they couldn't stop Minot's running attack. I think the RB Schatz had over 200 yards rushing.

I think there might have been more Wahpeton fans in attendance than Minot fans..... ;)

Yea, Wahpeton had a ton of people there. They were much more into the game then the Minot fans, standing and cheering a lot.

AAA:

See no reason to think Minot will stay within 20 points of South. South's M.O.: 0-0 after one quarter, 14 or 21-0 at half, blowout by end of 3rd, subs in the 4th. For Minot to be competitive they will need to score first and put a little doubt in the minds of the South team, which could cause South to make a mistake that turns the game around.

AA:

Watford and Trinity played a very close game in Watford in September which Watford won. Both coaches have lots of title game experience. Should come down to a turnover or key mistake. I suspect Trinity will avenge their earlier loss and win a close game.

A:

Velva going for 4 in a row. Linton, with 9 man titles, moving up a class last year. Velva is not as good as they have been and are vulnerable this year. Don't know much about Linton. On paper they appear to be similar in style. Toss up.

9 Man:

Hey it starts at 9 a.m.!! First team to all wake up and smell the coffee wins!!

AAA

I pretty much agree. I don't see Minot winning the game. South has rolled over every team they've played and their defense might be as good as their offense. Win or lose Minot should be happy to be there, but if South plays well they win hands down. I'll say South 35 Minot 20.

AA

Trinity is just a tournament team. I think that Watford will come away with the victory in this game. 22-15

A

Velva is just too good in the title games. All these kids have played in the spotlight. They expect to be there, and they expect to win. Linton has been there in the past as well, but I don't see them knocking off Velva. Velva 16 Linton 6

Nine Man

I don't have a clue on this one. But Napoleon has some great wrestlers, so I'll pick them. 28-22.

AAA

I pretty much agree. I don't see Minot winning the game. South has rolled over every team they've played and their defense might be as good as their offense. Win or lose Minot should be happy to be there, but if South plays well they win hands down. I'll say South 35 Minot 20.

AA

Trinity is just a tournament team. I think that Watford will come away with the victory in this game. 22-15

A

Velva is just too good in the title games. All these kids have played in the spotlight. They expect to be there, and they expect to win. Linton has been there in the past as well, but I don't see them knocking off Velva. Velva 16 Linton 6

Nine Man

I don't have a clue on this one. But Napoleon has some great wrestlers, so I'll pick them. 28-22.

AAA

South is going to roll in this one. The marquee game would have been Whapeton Vs. South I would have picked that to be closer. South-63 Minot-0

AA

Trinity-32 over Watford-24

A

This will probably not be close. Velva just has to much. Velva-35 Linton-7

Nine Man

Napolean by atleast 2 touchdowns.

AAA

South is going to roll in this one. The marquee game would have been Whapeton Vs. South I would have picked that to be closer. South-63 Minot-0

Wow, I must assume then that you've never watched Minot play? And you do realize Minot basically thumped Wahpeton and handled them pretty darn easily? So I don't know how you could come to a conclusion like that. Even though I'm a senior and attend Minot High School I'm not gonna be a biased fan and say that we're gonna win it but I do believe we'll give South a better game than when we played them at the beginning of the season. But us getting shutout twice in a season by them? I don't think so. I bet we'll at least get a FG.

AAA

AA

Trinity-32 over Watford-24

A

This will probably not be close. Velva just has to much. Velva-35 Linton-7

Nine Man

Napolean by atleast 2 touchdowns.

If you think South beats Minot 63-0 then how badly would they beat Wahpeton? Are you a disgruntled Wahpeton fan, or just a person lacking any real common sense? Yeah, I think South will win the game, but get real.... :lol:

Wow, I must assume then that you've never watched Minot play? And you do realize Minot basically thumped Wahpeton and handled them pretty darn easily? So I don't know how you could come to a conclusion like that. Even though I'm a senior and attend Minot High School I'm not gonna be a biased fan and say that we're gonna win it but I do believe we'll give South a better game than when we played them at the beginning of the season. But us getting shutout twice in a season by them? I don't think so. I bet we'll at least get a FG.

Geeze, don't set your sites too high. :lol: