SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Vollleyball

star2city

North Dakota's pair of aces

Katy Peterson takes over North Dakota's program as a first-year head coach, and has hired her twin sister, Kari, to be her assistant. ...

The duo also played different positions for the Vikings with Katy at hitter and Kari at setter. Kari led the nation in assists in 1999.

"We both have a huge passion for the game, but we see if very differently," said Katy. "We see the game in a different light. We're very close, as any twins usually are. I don't think I could trust anyone as I do her to run practice if I'm gone and vice versa. We both know what it takes to recruit successful student-athletes, because we've both been at successful programs."

• 1 month later...

I'm kind of suprised that there hasn't been a little more chatter about the volleyball team this year. The ladies won this last friday night against MSU to improve to 13-7 (5-2 NCC). The ladies have 6 games left with the final 3 all being at the Betty.

Oct 20 at Augustana

Oct 21 at Nebraska-Omaha

Oct 24 at Minnesota State, Moorhead

Oct 27 MINNESOTA STATE, MANKATO BESC 7p.m.

Oct 28 ST. CLOUD STATE BESC 4 p.m.

Nov 4 MINNESOTA DULUTH BESC 4 p.m.

Strangely, fightingsioux.com has MSU Moorhead listed as a conference game.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm kind of suprised that there hasn't been a little more chatter about the volleyball team this year. The ladies won this last friday night against MSU to improve to 13-7 (5-2 NCC). The ladies have 6 games left with the final 3 all being at the Betty.

Oct 20 at Augustana

Oct 21 at Nebraska-Omaha

Oct 24 at Minnesota State, Moorhead

Oct 27 MINNESOTA STATE, MANKATO BESC 7p.m.

Oct 28 ST. CLOUD STATE BESC 4 p.m.

Nov 4 MINNESOTA DULUTH BESC 4 p.m.

Strangely, fightingsioux.com has MSU Moorhead listed as a conference game.

Though they've gone 1-2 since this post (with the two losses being conference losses :glare: ), the team is definitely in decent shape at 14-9 overall, 10-7 in region, 5-4 NCC.

This weekend begins a 3 game home stand to end the season. At 9th in the region, the Sioux stand a good chance of making the NCAA tournament if they can finish strong. The final game (a week from Saturday) against Duluth will present a big challenge and could (if things go well this weekend) be the deciding factor as to whether the Sioux advance or not!

Really?

I support all the teams at UND, but I'm not suprised.

Considering how the sesons have gone the last couple of years and that the last couple of volleyball threads have discussed how few games people thought the team would win, having a winning season this year is pretty impressive. I was just surprised that someone hadn't pointed out how well the team was doing compared to previous seasons.