SiouxSports.com Forum

"Force of the North" commercial

jimdahl

If this has been talked about elsewhere, I missed it:

FOTN_ad.jpg

I don't love the slogan. I do like the beginning of the commercial with "Fight on Sioux" and the closeups of the player putting on his equipment. The 10 sec or so of highlights didn't necessarily strike me as the most visually impressive highlights, but I never mind watching the boys score.

If this has been talked about elsewhere, I missed it:

FOTN_ad.jpg

I don't love the slogan. I do like the beginning of the commercial with "Fight on Sioux" and the closeups of the player putting on his equipment. The 10 sec or so of highlights didn't necessarily strike me as the most visually impressive highlights, but I never mind watching the boys score.

I agree.

Agreed on all counts. Could've been much better. :love:

I think it could have been done a little better. I love Digger Anderson's interception and touchdown at the beginning of the SCSU game. A friend came and sat with us 10 minutes into that game and she had missed it cause some moron wanted to have a conversation instead of watching the game.

As for the Scream Yellow campaign at NDSU- I thought it was perfect. For years I would tell my Bison lovers that they were green and yellow and they would get a little agitated with me and tell me that it was gold- not yellow. Then the whole Scream Yellow fiasco, and I told them that I was right.

A good friend of mine used to be a lineman for the Bison- he's about as upset over the new logo as he was over the Scream Yellow stuff.

Is it kickoff time yet?

isnt that digger scoring a td at the very end?

I said Diggler, not Digger. But maybe Diggler has mastered the art of scoring a TD from the stands. :lol:

How many have heard the NDSU radio ads with Craig Bohl? My favorite part is when he talks about the fans' impact on the football team and then you hear this lone fan utter a pathetic "Go Bison!"

For some reason, I can imagine the ad's producer saying: "We struggled with capturing the unbridled enthusiasm of Bison fans, but not being loud and exciting." :love:

Edited by PCM

I love the "Force of the North" promotion - for some us of old timers it is a reminder of days passed when the Sioux were transitioning from pathetic (Pat Behrns), to possible (Kory Wahl and "Air Thomas"), to optimistic (Dale McCabe in a preseason WDAZ feature on Sioux football dubbed the team 'Force of the North"). I think it is a real tribute to where the Sioux football program is and how it got there - it would be neat (to borrow a favorite Roger Thomas descriptor) if the Sioux could again incorporate the Air Base into its promotions as it did in the original with players flexing muscles and using aircraft as props. By the way, I hope Dale is watching and smiling as the Sioux prepare for another season.