SiouxSports.com Forum

Time to recap

PCM

Interesting posts from 5 years ago:

Our story so far:

Chapter 1: NDSU might move to Division I because Division II is too watered down. If NDSU goes, then UND must also go.

Chapter 2: NDSU is moving to Division I. That means UND must go, too.

Chapter 3: UND is totally stupid for not following NDSU

Predictions from five years ago on the additional chapters. :D

Excellent summary, but more chapters to come: :lol:

Chapter 17: NDSU gets in the MidCon Conference, and, now, according to Bison conventional wisdom, UND will be a relative also-ran forever. Chapman is hailed as a brilliant tactian for allowing the Bizon to play Centenary annually. MidCon Commissioner Douple is praised for his exemplary conference building skills.

Chapter 18: UND is accepted into the Big Sky Conference. NDSU turns down an invitation, because the MidCon fits "better" and NDSU fans don't want to associate with Doug Fullerton. UND's Big Sky move is derided as simply luck, but also costly, geographically disparate, non-sustainable.

Chapter 19: One NDSU program, wrestling, begins to make waves in DI by finishing eleventh. Bizon fans flood internet message boards with about the arrival of their athletic program on a national platform and how much national attention NDSU is receiving. Sioux hockey gains its 8th championship, and bison fans degrade it because "nobody nationally" cares.

Guess I was wrong on the part about the bizon fans deriding the UND Big Sky move as costly and non-sustainable. Also got the bit wrong about bison fans continuing to degrade UND's hockey program. :blush::lol:

Guess I was wrong on the part about the bizon fans deriding the UND Big Sky move as costly and non-sustainable. Also got the bit wrong about bison fans continuing to degrade UND's hockey program. :blush::lol:

You and Dave Berger need to start a club. ;)

If nobody cares about hockey, and Bison basketball and football are more important than hockey, why are Sioux hockey jerseys such a hot item? Not just in Grand Forks, but all over the country. What is the likelihood that you might see someone wearing a Bison football or basketball jersey in Las Vegas or Disney World? You have a reasonable chance that you may, however, run into someone wearing a Sioux hockey jersey. Or better yet, wear one yourself and see how many non-North Dakotans will know exactly who the UND Fighting Sioux are!

I like where you predicted UND's 8th D-I championship. Will that be this year? Men's, I assume?

It always amazes me that everytime that something "BAD" happens in the world of "SIOUX" - fans have to start a thread like this. Does anyone readly think you can diminish NDSU's transition to DI? or what we have done after? You're just setting yourselves up for failure.

Not sure what's funnier... you coming to a UND-themed message board to lecture us... or you coming to a UND-themed message board to lecture us about a thread that was started in 2006.

Lots of comedy on the interwebs today. You can't make this stuff up! whistling.gif

It always amazes me that everytime that something "BAD" happens in the world of "SIOUX" - fans have to start a thread like this. Does anyone readly think you can diminish NDSU's transition to DI? or what we have done after? You're just setting yourselves up for failure.

Been to Bisonville lately?? Smack about our "tin shed"? Smack about our name? Whatever this butthockey theme that is always going on over there. See I don't like to see it, but I choose not to join and lecture Bison fans what to put and what not to put on a Bison board. This is a Sioux board we are allowed to put what we want about our school and smack our rivals to the south just as they do in BVille.