SiouxSports.com Forum

Potts Resigns

SiouxMD

Your jealously of Dr. Chapman is profound.

Get over yourself! I'm an adult women who is more concerned about out state representatives than who is DI, who has the better coaches, professors, etc. That all seems pretty petty when compared with top government representatives conspiring behind closed doors to meet the needs of ONE man and ONE school.

Jealous, indeed!! :D

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The above quote, while not from this thread, seems especially prescient now........

1. Chapman is looking out for NDSU, OMG!

2. NDSU's interests don't align with other institutions, OMG!

3. Other schools feel threatened that NDSU has a leader who is looking for a little fairness, THANK GOD!!!

4. Chapman's missed meetings! OMG. (And since you brought it up Chapman made 10 meetings in '04, Kupchella 5; '05 Chapman 9, Kupchella 7, '06 Chapman 2, Kupchella 1)!!!

5. Chapman flew in a plane, OMG! Anybody ever think that maybe, just maybe, Chapman had something going on in Fargo that night!

Ok, so everyone (except Chapman supporters) know there's a BIG problem in the NDUS and the SBoHE. Can anything be done to fix it? I don't see how. The new President of the Board, the Governor of the Great State of North Dakota and at least one other member of the Board are all kissing Chapman's a$$. Is this corruption something we are stuck with!?!?

Do you even read the posts or do you just like to type the first thing that comes to mind which is talking garbage about NDSU or its supporters? Those who support NDSU and or Chapman know there are still problems with the system. Corruption, lets not go there either I don't think either party if your going to look at this as a NDSU VS. UND situation as many are will show one victim and one totally innocent party. What you and so many are mad about is that Chapman is doing a dam fine job for not only NDSU but also the State of ND and it chapps your behind to think that UND isn't the one moving forward like NDSU is. The articles written in the forum as so matter of fact should have been in the OP-ED page instead of the front page. Politically motivated and opinion filled editorial lambasting of Chapman and NDSU, hmmmm why would someone want to do that? Maybe they have their own motives you think?:D?

Ok, so everyone (except Chapman supporters) know there's a BIG problem in the NDUS and the SBoHE. Can anything be done to fix it? I don't see how. The new President of the Board, the Governor of the Great State of North Dakota and at least one other member of the Board are all kissing Chapman's a$$. Is this corruption something we are stuck with!?!?

Please tell me what Potts has done during his tenure that even remotely approaches what Dr. Chapman has done not only for NDSU but for ND. I will be anxiously awaiting this reply as it hasn't been printed anywhere else. For a guy (Potts) that hasn't done anything but squander state money he's being defended vigourously by many at UND. That little fact alone speaks volumes about who feels threatened by Dr. Chapman.

Please tell me what Potts has done during his tenure that even remotely approaches what Dr. Chapman has done not only for NDSU but for ND. I will be anxiously awaiting this reply as it hasn't been printed anywhere else. For a guy (Potts) that hasn't done anything but squander state money he's being defended vigourously by many at UND. That little fact alone speaks volumes about who feels threatened by Dr. Chapman.

To the glee of many at NDSU, didn't Potts shut down UND Fargo? Wasn't this because Chapman complained vociferously to Potts? Didn't Potts also end UND's telemedicine program? Also because Chapman was complaining to Potts? Sounds like Potts has done a lot for NDSU and not much for UND.

Chapman supporters really need to sit back and think about if the type of system he's advocating is the type of system that really is best for ndsu. They seem to be supporting a system where the North Dakota universities act independent of each other and act only to serve their own best interests. If that's the system they're truly supportive of then they shouldn't have any problems with UND-Fargo offering programs that are offered by ndsu. Bison fans forget that it was the NDBOHE who reigned in UND's efforts in Fargo and if not for Potts we'd still be there. Furthermore, under a system where every university acts in it's own best interests independent of the NDUS, what's to stop UND from starting a pharmacy program and it overtaking ndsu's. Furthermore, what if Kupchella goes to the legislature and actually gets the funding formula skewed the other way so UND's getting even more money than it does currently. It's not such a far-fetched scenario, all it would really take is a few more legislators with ties to certain institutions.

From the ND AG:

The university and college presidents met on March 26 to work on a resolution of support for a strong university system. Dr. Chapman did not attend the meeting, but he opposed the resolution, and was the only president not to endorse the resolution. During the meeting of the presidents, Dr. Donna Thigpen, president of Bismarck State College, spoke to Dr. Chapman by telephone and acted as a liaison between him and the other presidents, who favored the resolution.

Seems like 10 of 11 presidents were willing to follow Potts under a "strong system".

Would those 10 want to follow a bad leader?

Bison fans forget that it was the NDBOHE who reigned in UND's efforts in Fargo and if not for Potts we'd still be there.

No, it was the state constitution that prevented it; Potts was doing his job.

Furthermore, under a system where every university acts in it's own best interests independent of the NDUS, what's to stop UND from starting a pharmacy program and it overtaking ndsu's.

reality

Furthermore, what if Kupchella goes to the legislature and actually gets the funding formula skewed the other way so UND's getting even more money than it does currently. It's not such a far-fetched scenario, all it would really take is a few more legislators with ties to certain institutions.

It could happen. I wouldn't have a problem with UND getting more funding as long as the funding was equitable among the 11 institutions, which it isn't today.

To the glee of many at NDSU, didn't Potts shut down UND Fargo? Wasn't this because Chapman complained vociferously to Potts? Didn't Potts also end UND's telemedicine program? Also because Chapman was complaining to Potts? Sounds like Potts has done a lot for NDSU and not much for UND.

It was supposed to have been shutdown but is still operating.

If it walks like a duck quacks like a duck its still a duck.

You're missing the point. Go back to your original post asking what Potts has done for NDSU. Chapman complained to Potts about UND opening up a campus in Fargo. Potts shut down the "campus". Potts did something for NDSU.

You're missing the point. Go back to your original post asking what Potts has done for NDSU. Chapman complained to Potts about UND opening up a campus in Fargo. Potts shut down the "campus". Potts did something for NDSU.

This is like beating a dead horse but one more time Here's what I said...

"Please tell me what Potts has done during his tenure that even remotely approaches what Dr. Chapman has done not only for NDSU but for ND. I will be anxiously awaiting this reply as it hasn't been printed anywhere else. For a guy (Potts) that hasn't done anything but squander state money he's being defended vigourously by many at UND. That little fact alone speaks volumes about who feels threatened by Dr. Chapman."

As you can see I not only said NDSU but I also said ND. You are not able to come up with anything and you have proved my point. :D

This is like beating a dead horse but one more time Here's what I said...

"Please tell me what Potts has done during his tenure that even remotely approaches what Dr. Chapman has done not only for NDSU but for ND. I will be anxiously awaiting this reply as it hasn't been printed anywhere else. For a guy (Potts) that hasn't done anything but squander state money he's being defended vigourously by many at UND. That little fact alone speaks volumes about who feels threatened by Dr. Chapman."

As you can see I not only said NDSU but I also said ND. You are not able to come up with anything and you have proved my point. :D

Is this the appropriate place to use a "vaht"? I hope so, because it sure fits.

Do you even read the posts or do you just like to type the first thing that comes to mind which is talking garbage about NDSU or its supporters? Those who support NDSU and or Chapman know there are still problems with the system. Corruption, lets not go there either I don't think either party if your going to look at this as a NDSU VS. UND situation as many are will show one victim and one totally innocent party. What you and so many are mad about is that Chapman is doing a dam fine job for not only NDSU but also the State of ND and it chapps your behind to think that UND isn't the one moving forward like NDSU is. The articles written in the forum as so matter of fact should have been in the OP-ED page instead of the front page. Politically motivated and opinion filled editorial lambasting of Chapman and NDSU, hmmmm why would someone want to do that? Maybe they have their own motives you think?:D?

I read the AG's report. Why don't you? The news paper article did not change, add or fabricate anything that was not in the AG's report. Are you calling the AG a liar who made up the contents of his report because he is in cahoots with ?? to make Chapman look bad? I don't see this issue as an NDSU vs UND issue. Show me a post where I have even insinuated such a thing. I have a problem with Chapman's selective memory, with two SBoHE board members along with the Governor of our state discussing and planning the removal of the Chancellor. I never said Chapman hasn't done any good for NDSU. Obviously he has or there wouldn't be this complete ignoring of the content of the AG's report and the bandwagon of support for the man. I guess you feel the end justifies the means. I'm not of the same opinion.

Don't tell me I don't like NDSU, I'm jealous of NDSU, or anything about NDSU 'chapps (sic)' my behind unless you're prepared to cite posts I've made proving so. I don't think anything about NDSU. I'm a huge sports fan and thorougly enjoyed our football rivalry. That does not make me an NDSU hater. Get real, I have more important things to spend my energy, emotion, and time on. One of the those things is the problems with the SBoHE and the NDUS which has nothing to do with a UND/NDSU rivalry. There are bigger things at stake here than who is better at a sport!

You are totally missing the point in this whole fiasco. For me this is no longer a Chapman vs Potts issue. It's about suppose to be impartial government officials who are putting one person above all others in the same position, about behind closed doors planning to get rid of another government official and a college President who is either a liar or a victim of dementia!

I read the AG's report. Why don't you? The news paper article did not change, add or fabricate anything that was not in the AG's report. Are you calling the AG a liar who made up the contents of his report because he is in cahoots with ?? to make Chapman look bad? I don't see this issue as an NDSU vs UND issue. Show me a post where I have even insinuated such a thing. I have a problem with Chapman's selective memory, with two SBoHE board members along with the Governor of our state discussing and planning the removal of the Chancellor. I never said Chapman hasn't done any good for NDSU. Obviously he has or there wouldn't be this complete ignoring of the content of the AG's report and the bandwagon of support for the man. I guess you feel the end justifies the means. I'm not of the same opinion.

Don't tell me I don't like NDSU, I'm jealous of NDSU, or anything about NDSU 'chapps (sic)' my behind unless you're prepared to cite posts I've made proving so. I don't think anything about NDSU. I'm a huge sports fan and thorougly enjoyed our football rivalry. That does not make me an NDSU hater. Get real, I have more important things to spend my energy, emotion, and time on. One of the those things is the problems with the SBoHE and the NDUS which has nothing to do with a UND/NDSU rivalry. There are bigger things at stake here than who is better at a sport!

Your unofficial unbiased opinion (read with much sarcasm as its intended) is not worth replying to but for a person who has no thoughts about NDSU as you state you seem obsessed with NDSU :D

Your unofficial unbiased opinion (read with much sarcasm as its intended) is not worth replying to but for a person who has no thoughts about NDSU as you state you seem obsessed with NDSU :lol:

Coming from an NDSU fan who's hanging out in the UND Community Forum on SiouxSports.com at 10 p.m., that's pretty rich. :D