SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

Simply incredible how a school running a deficit somehow has money for a lawsuit against the NCAA, a move to D-I, and all of these new facilities. You don't think maybe you're stretching the money a little thin here? I mean come on, Kupchella doesn't even think you have money to move D-I, but you're AD has money for new facilities, a move up etc.? At some point fiscal reality is going to set in on the campus.

Simply incredible how a school running a deficit somehow has money for a lawsuit against the NCAA, a move to D-I, and all of these new facilities. You don't think maybe you're stretching the money a little thin here? I mean come on, Kupchella doesn't even think you have money to move D-I, but you're AD has money for new facilities, a move up etc.? At some point fiscal reality is going to set in on the campus.

Not much of a conceptual thinker, eh? :sad:

Once again, a post that begs the question as to why you are so concerned. So?

Where are your sources that UND is running a deficit? Speaking that you don't work at UND, you don't know s&!t about how money is spent at this college. Take a look at this website, http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/InstDetail.asp, as you can see UND isn't running a deficit. Also, if you take a look at the task force study most athletic departments are running a deficit right now. For some reason (maybe I'm wrong) I thought you were an SDSU fan (which is a school that is running a deficit right now), why don't you spend more time worrying about your high school field in Brookings that worrying about what UND does?

Where are your sources that UND is running a deficit? Speaking that you don't work at UND, you don't know s&!t about how money is spent at this college. Take a look at this website, http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/InstDetail.asp, as you can see UND isn't running a deficit. Also, if you take a look at the task force study most athletic departments are running a deficit right now. For some reason (maybe I'm wrong) I thought you were an SDSU fan (which is a school that is running a deficit right now), why don't you spend more time worrying about your high school field in Brookings that worrying about what UND does?

Sources.... hmmmm.... let me think. Oh, thats right, your own D-I report stated you were running a deficit. If you read some of my previous posts, quite a few of them are focused on this "D-I evaluation" or whatever it was called.

Its funny how all of the posts basically tell me to "mind my own business", and none of them even attempted to explain where money for all of this is going to come from. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Or maybe you could just try to trash me and pretend that money grows on trees.

Not much of a conceptual thinker, eh? :sad:

Once again, a post that begs the question as to why you are so concerned. So?

Please Clayton, enlighten me to the source of the millions that are going to be flowing into UND soon, despite not being able to balance your budget in D-II. Explain these hard "concepts" Clayton. You must have a firm grasp of them to be able to both post a sacastic answer that had nothing to do with what I said, AND a personal insult insinuating that I'm idiot, and asking "why I'm concerned". Theres conceptual thinking if I've ever saw some!

Tell you what, I'll tell you why I'm concerned, when you explain where all of this money is coming from. Or maybe you don't want to tell me, because I'm might discover the location of the illusive money tree that UND has hidden on campus. Is the money tree coming into harvest soon? Is that why there are all of the secrets? If its about the money tree, feel free to PM me! I won't let your secret slip!

Please Clayton, enlighten me to the source of the millions that are going to be flowing into UND soon, despite not being able to balance your budget in D-II.

Have you ever heard of Brandon Bochenski? :sad:;)

"Fiscal reality"? When has that ever stopped Whiskey Joe from trying to get 'SU new buildings, D1 status, etc? Besides, if you knew anything about what's been going on at UND, which is not likely given the profound ignorance exhibited in your posts, you would know that they're not putting their projected spending ahead of their money for any project, and that includes taking on the NC$$..

My feet are freezing as its getting cold you know where, I agree with AFF on this point :sad:

Sources.... hmmmm.... let me think. Oh, thats right, your own D-I report stated you were running a deficit. If you read some of my previous posts, quite a few of them are focused on this "D-I evaluation" or whatever it was called.

Its funny how all of the posts basically tell me to "mind my own business", and none of them even attempted to explain where money for all of this is going to come from. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Or maybe you could just try to trash me and pretend that money grows on trees.

So SDSU and most other athletic programs aren't running a deficit right now? That's the exact problem, you don't know where the money is coming from, so don't come on here and bash UND for having a facility master plan. The money could be coming from alumni donations, boosters, etc. Why don't you worry about your own athletic dept.?

So SDSU and most other athletic programs aren't running a deficit right now? That's the exact problem, you don't know where the money is coming from, so don't come on here and bash UND for having a facility master plan. The money could be coming from alumni donations, boosters, etc. Why don't you worry about your own athletic dept.?

It's interesting to note that when you recieved a large gift from the estate of an alumni there was a big press conference. But when asked about the Financing of this move its all hush hush no one wants to talk about the increased costs and the source to cover those increased costs. Your right that I don't know but using the history of your university its a safe bet its not from an alum or otherwise there would have been a big announcement and press conference announcing it. That would be worthy of an announcement so that the taxpayers will know they are not footing the bill for a move that is at least at this point financially not sound and on shaky ground at best. You throw insults and jabs at someone who asks a legitimate question, why not give an informed answer if you know what it is otherwise your posts are off base. The taxpayers of ND and all the other financial institutions of the State of ND have a right to know!

It's interesting to note that when you recieved a large gift from the estate of an alumni there was a big press conference. But when asked about the Financing of this move its all hush hush no one wants to talk about the increased costs and the source to cover those increased costs. Your right that I don't know but using the history of your university its a safe bet its not from an alum or otherwise there would have been a big announcement and press conference announcing it. That would be worthy of an announcement so that the taxpayers will know they are not footing the bill for a move that is at least at this point financially not sound and on shaky ground at best. You throw insults and jabs at someone who asks a legitimate question, why not give an informed answer if you know what it is otherwise your posts are off base. The taxpayers of ND and all the other financial institutions of the State of ND have a right to know!

Going by your logic ndsu should have had the money in hand before putting together any plans for renovating the bsa. By the way how's that going? Furthermore the whole division I move for ndsu never woud have happened because the bison also were running a deficit in their athletic department before they made their division I move. Guess that doesn't matter though because the decisions of Joe Chapman are never to be questioned. I'll go out on a limb and make a prediction UND will most likely have and indoor practice center before any work starts on renovating the BSA.

Going by your logic ndsu should have had the money in hand before putting together any plans for renovating the bsa. By the way how's that going? Furthermore the whole division I move for ndsu never woud have happened because the bison also were running a deficit in their athletic department before they made their division I move. Guess that doesn't matter though because the decisions of Joe Chapman are never to be questioned. I'll go out on a limb and make a prediction UND will most likely have and indoor practice center before any work starts on renovating the BSA.

Not very up on things are you. Work starts next spring. :sad:

It's interesting to note that when you recieved a large gift from the estate of an alumni there was a big press conference.

How do you know that there won't be a similar press conference in the near future?

Going by your logic ndsu should have had the money in hand before putting together any plans for renovating the bsa.

?

NDSU has the money in hand. They have hired an architect.

Furthermore the whole division I move for ndsu never woud have happened because the bison also were running a deficit in their athletic department before they made their division I move. G

I think you need to check your finance dictionary. There is a pretty big difference between a budget deficit-which apparently UND has-and receiving institutional funding-which nearly all athletic departments receive.